Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Looking for Sweden photoscenery....

Specifically, I am looking for photoscenery of the southern section of Sweden. The only reason I want it is because I am keen to purchase FlyTampa Copenhagen Kastrup, and the thought of making a final approach to runway 22L over default terrain is not an appealing one. I am aware that RB Design Sweden is an option, but that also requires FreeMesh and UTX Ground Environment to be installed (and I assume that the latter is payware) :sad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sorry, but there is NO photo-scenery for southern Sweden that I know of. 

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Edited by JJJackson

Someone may have done this for private use, so I am hoping that this "someone" will PM me....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Afaik it's pretty hard to get decent photoreal textures for the Scandinavian countries. I looked at photoreal textures for Norway when I was using XP, even tried to create stuff myself, but the source material is just bad. Orbx also already said they won't be making TrueEarth for Norway because there is no good (or payable) source material. I am afraid the same goes for Sweden.

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Afaik it's pretty hard to get decent photoreal textures for the Scandinavian countries. I looked at photoreal textures for Norway when I was using XP, even tried to create stuff myself, but the source material is just bad. Orbx also already said they won't be making TrueEarth for Norway because there is no good (or payable) source material. I am afraid the same goes for Sweden.

The sources for Denmark and Norway are pretty bad, Norway especially. However, Eniro is actually an excellent source for Sweden. Covers almost the entire country in spotless ortho.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I decided to ;purchase FlyTampa Copenhagen. I should be able to avoid flying directly over the default scenery of southern Sweden.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I´s a pity cause Sweden and Norway photoreal would be awesome. I mainly flight around the mediterranean with sporadic trips to the north but I´m sure that a scenery of nordic countries would sell pretty well. I`m in if it ever happens.

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.