Sign in to follow this  
awash2002

unable to import flight plan

This feature does work and work well as long as the files are valid .fpl files and they are in the right place that has the right name.  So lets break it down.  Couple of additional questions:

This is about GNS not GTN gauges, right? Reality XP GNS 430/530 type gauges, Reality XP not F1, correct?  They are separate products from different companies. Both are installed with F1 install wrappers.  But RXP is RXP, F1 is F1.

Where/how are you creating the .fpl files you intend to or are attempting to import?  Is that source putting the .fpl  files there for you? Or are you moving them there manually?

We are talking about Garmin flight plans in Garmin format. So its .fpl files, not simulator .pln files, right?

The folder at the end of the path we have each referenced is named FPL, right, not FLPN?

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

This is about the V2 GNS430/530 by Reality XP yes it is fpl files Also what caught me off guard was the missing of the RXP WAAS desktop icon

Edited by awash2002

Great! Enjoy!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 hours ago, awash2002 said:

Frank got any suggestions for me to take the B200 by Carenado?

Not sure what your request is about.  Purchase?  It is not an aircraft I have acquired. Hopefully someone else will chime in. 

For fast high twins I fly the RealAir Turbine Duke v2 (no longer available), the Carenado Beech King Air 90, the Alabeo (Carenado) Cessna C421, the MilViz Beech Baron B55, Milviz C310 Redux (their second version), and the Carenado F406 Cessna Caravan II.  Rather than express any preference let me say that I fly a lot of different fantasy scenarios and each of those fit in somewhere in their own place into those equations.  For example the Alabeo C421 and Milviz C310 Redux both have tremendous range (distance without refueling) if fuel consumption is managed accordingly, so I use them in those situations when distance without stopping is more important than speed.  If speed is the essence then the Turbine Duke v2 is my choice.  If I need a blend of range and passenger/baggage payload capacity  then the F406 and C421 come into play.  The Baron B55 is fantastic for quick medium length flights at efficient altitudes. Plus it is the type I gained my multi and IFR ratings in some 45 years or so ago.

Hope that response is not too complicated.....

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

52 minutes ago, awash2002 said:

I would like to know of places to fly to in the B200 

Fly Tampa's St. Maarten (TNCM), St. Barts (TFFJ), Saba (SABA/TNCS). Recently updated for P3Dv4.

Takeoff from St. Maarten for RWY 10 at St. Barts then off to SABA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCT7IA9fHXM

On 6/26/2018 at 1:16 AM, Bills511 said:

Fly Tampa's St. Maarten (TNCM), St. Barts (TFFJ), Saba (SABA/TNCS). Recently updated for P3Dv4.

Takeoff from St. Maarten for RWY 10 at St. Barts then off to SABA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCT7IA9fHXM

My prayers are with him if he takes a B200 To St Barts!

Frank Patton
ASUS 

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

My prayers are with him if he takes a B200 To St Barts!

😀
It took me 3 attempts in the Twin Otter. And yes the first 2 were crashes.
tbvQrfv.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bills511 said:

😀
It took me 3 attempts in the Twin Otter. And yes the first 2 were crashes.
tbvQrfv.jpg

I made it the first time in a Caravan, but I made several passes first.  And I had about 10 yards left when I finally got stopped!  Which scenery were you using?

• Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

54 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Which scenery were you using?

Fly Tampa St. Maarten Complete. Recently updated for P3Dv4. St. Maarten TNCM, and Saba are new versions. New version of St. Barth is in the works.

On 6/29/2018 at 9:28 PM, Bills511 said:

Fly Tampa St. Maarten Complete. Recently updated for P3Dv4. St. Maarten TNCM, and Saba are new versions. New version of St. Barth is in the works.

Thats what I am using too.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Hi! regarding the flight plans, is there anyway to convert the FSX .pln plans for export to the RXP GNS 530 as it´s much easier to create them on FSX?

• Like 1