Sign in to follow this  
Frequent_Flyer

Why am I getting poor performance with 4 graphics cards?

SLI here as well and great in 4K

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Michael and Pete,

Could you please provide some actual test results showing FPS and frametime variance/stutter with and without SLI. Also, specify your configuration - number of monitors driven in SLI, resolution, Field of View, etc - plus CPU and GPU info. There used to be two separate modes of using SLI - AFR and ??? - which do you use and do you set this up in the Nvidia CPL or do you need an additional app like NV Inspector?

For a long time, P3D + Nvidia was said not to support SLI - when did that change?

Thanks

Dave W.

P.S. My outdated comment on SLI was based on all the previous travails of forum reporting on SLI - thanks for correcting me

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

25 minutes ago, whitav8 said:

Michael and Pete,

Could you please provide some actual test results showing FPS and frametime variance/stutter with and without SLI. Also, specify your configuration - number of monitors driven in SLI, resolution, Field of View, etc - plus CPU and GPU info. There used to be two separate modes of using SLI - AFR and ??? - which do you use and do you set this up in the Nvidia CPL or do you need an additional app like NV Inspector?

For a long time, P3D + Nvidia was said not to support SLI - when did that change?

Thanks

Dave W.

P.S. My outdated comment on SLI was based on all the previous travails of forum reporting on SLI - thanks for correcting me

I think p3d added sli support last year?

2 hours ago, whitav8 said:

Michael and Pete,

Thanks

Dave W.

SLI is supported way back in P3D,

No need to test this . I have a huge GPU related performance advantage using SLI which meens 4K, Shadows . Overcast weather scenarios.

CPU bound stuff is still what it is. But for eycandy - Sure SLI is a very nice addition. Unfortune SLI does not like undocking panels and movements to second screens so my CDU II is only used with one card. (NGX)

Thanks

Michael Moe 

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png