hw18

PMDG 777 FMC unable to set speed on LEGS page

Recommended Posts

I've created a flight plan from VHHH to ZGGG, and I've setup the fmc using the data as shown in the screenshot.

 

However, why in the LEGS page, the speed isn't activated and in the PROG page, the econ page is set to 215? I didn't enter this number.

FMC settings

As you see in the LEGS, waypoint PORPA will be using 215/6000 instead of 250/6000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

9 minutes ago, hw18 said:

I've setup the fmc

From the images, it looks like you haven't actually set it up.

Lots of data is missing as if you've improperly (or haven't) filled out the PERF INIT page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

From the images, it looks like you haven't actually set it up.

Lots of data is missing as if you've improperly (or haven't) filled out the PERF INIT page.

uh yeah, cause I'm still in the gate, I haven't select the runway for takeoff so the PERF INIT page V1 V2 VR isn't ready yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

From the images, it looks like you haven't actually set it up.

Lots of data is missing as if you've improperly (or haven't) filled out the PERF INIT page.

The PERF INIT page is here:

 

PERF INIT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hw18 said:

The PERF INIT page is here:

 

PERF INIT

 Regarding your question though that 215 knots on the climb page on the ground is more of a placeholder than anything especially if all of the performance information hasn't been entered. Run your takeoff numbers, fill in the V-speed information. That 215 will change to V2+15. As soon as you are flying and a clean configuration it will revert to 250 below 10,000 feet and the FMC will meet your altitude restriction.

 

Seth Goodwin

Edited by MrNuke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, hw18 said:

uh yeah, cause I'm still in the gate, I haven't select the runway for takeoff so the PERF INIT page V1 V2 VR isn't ready yet

Okay, well that would be important information to know, and it would also explain why your values don't make sense.

If you don't tell people things, then they can't use those unknowns in helping you. You never showed me the page, and I saw values that looked like you hadn't finished the logical steps required to get the data you were looking for, so I had to question if you'd filled it out. I didn't know you were still at the gate, or anything else. I don't know anything you haven't specifically told me. The presumptive "uh yeah," is pretty unnecessary. Provide enough information to help people help you, or be receptive to their requests for additional data.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Okay, well that would be important information to know, and it would also explain why your values don't make sense.

If you don't tell people things, then they can't use those unknowns in helping you. You never showed me the page, and I saw values that looked like you hadn't finished the logical steps required to get the data you were looking for, so I had to question if you'd filled it out. I didn't know you were still at the gate, or anything else. I don't know anything you haven't specifically told me. The presumptive "uh yeah," is pretty unnecessary. Provide enough information to help people help you, or be receptive to their requests for additional data.

Sorry that I'm quite new to flight simulator games and are watching tutorials on FMC, so I might sometimes forgot to provide some necessary information for trouble shooting.

 

Please accept my apologies if that's offensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MrNuke said:

You are cruising at 14,000 feet on an intercontinental flight? Regarding your question though that 215 knots on the climb page on the ground is more of a placeholder than anything especially if all of the performance information hasn't been entered. Run your takeoff numbers, fill in the V-speed information. That 215 will change to V2+15. As soon as you are flying and a clean configuration it will revert to 250 below 10,000 feet and the FMC will meet your altitude restriction.

  

Seth Goodwin

I'm using Pro-ATCX for the flight and it told me the cruising altitude is FL140.

 

I'll try looking at the LEGS page after choosing the runway for takeoff, entering V speed and see if I can than change the speed and altitude at LEGS page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MrNuke said:

You are cruising at 14,000 feet on an intercontinental flight?

VHHH to ZGGG is 73 nautical miles straight line distance, so 14,000 doesn't seem unreasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

VHHH to ZGGG is 73 nautical miles straight line distance, so 14,000 doesn't seem unreasonable.

Yeah I botched that part. I was thrown off by the high fuel and low cruise. Thanks.

 

SG

Edited by MrNuke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

VHHH to ZGGG is 73 nautical miles straight line distance, so 14,000 doesn't seem unreasonable.

So normally what would be the cruising altitude for short flight like this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, hw18 said:

II'll try looking at the LEGS page after choosing the runway for takeoff, entering V speed and see if I can than change the speed and altitude at LEGS page.

There shouldn't be anything to check or a need to change anything on the legs page at all. The legs page looks fine in your initial post. Have you flown the tutorial flight?

29 minutes ago, hw18 said:

So normally what would be the cruising altitude for short flight like this?

The Cathay flights are doing it at 13,800 feet so your 14,000 is fine. You are carrying a ton of extra fuel though for a short flight.

 

 

SG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ran your flight plan thru https://www.simbrief.com/system/dispatch.php,here are the numbers,

N712SB/26 JUN/HKG-CAN Page 1
[ OFP ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
N712SB 26JUN2018 VHHH-ZGGG B77L N712SB RELEASE 0315 26JUN18
OFP 1 HONG KONG INTL-BAIYUN
WX PROG 2603 2606 OBS 2518 2518
ATC C/S N712SB VHHH/HKG ZGGG/CAN CRZ SYS CI 163
26JUN2018 N712SB 0345/0405 0446/0454 GND DIST 193
B777-200LR / GE90-110B1 STA 0440 AIR DIST 186
CTOT:.... G/C DIST 73
AVG WIND 121/020
MAXIMUM TOW 766000 LAW 492000 ZFW 461000 AVG W/C P010
ESTIMATED TOW 434009 LAW 423778 ZFW 402793 AVG ISA P016
AVG FF LB/HR 14929
FUEL BIAS P00.0
ALTN VHHH TKOF ALTN .......
FL STEPS VHHH/0246/
--------------------------------------------------------------------
DISP RMKS PLANNED OPTIMUM FLIGHT LEVEL
--------------------------------------------------------------------
PLANNED FUEL
---------------------------------
FUEL ARPT FUEL TIME
---------------------------------
TRIP CAN 10231 0041
CONT 15 MIN 3732 0015
ALTN HKG 11193 0043
FINRES 6060 0030
---------------------------------
MINIMUM T/OFF FUEL 31216 0209
---------------------------------
EXTRA 0 0000
---------------------------------
T/OFF FUEL 31216 0209
TAXI HKG 1400 0020
---------------------------------
BLOCK FUEL HKG 32616

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now