On 5/8/2019 at 9:42 PM, Flyboychris1 said:

Doesn't anyone own the NG model? Really don't want to spend the money on the E, if the NG will suffice...but their is just no info out there??

...that is what is i'm trying to figure out for quite some time, unfortunately, with very little of luck, seems like this model though way more affordable, is not very popular, I contacted the manufacturer and got, kind, of elusive response that doesn't, really, encourage me to pull the Plastic.

There is a youtube clip that is not more than nice introduction, wish he would post more throughly view

Cheers

Yair  

I'm just designing up my next sim rig. It will be plate alloy, all bolt up and should pack away into 3 or 4 big suitcases. It's based on using the Brunner controls and they will come when we get our bonus for this year.  If there's much left after HMRC gets their slice , that is.

CLS-E pedals and Yoke and Joystick base. I'll be building a seat, instrument panel and all adjustments on Autocad, to use water jet cut thin alloy sheet, bonding some sheets together for a lightweight strong sectional setup. Replaceable seat side plates to look like a GA seat or Ejection seat. Removable side panels to give partial, or full side panels for the fast jet look. Various upper front side panels to mount Warthog throttles, Saitek quadrants or Warthog joystick base. Can give left or right sidestick/throttle options. Cessna TPM side mount to panel too. 

Should be finished sometime this Winter and the Autocad design means it can be reproduced anytime or modified. Alloy is only £75 per 8ftx4ft sheet so cost of the whole thing will be quite a bit less than the Yoke and pedals alone!

The pass through on the Rift S will be very useful! Just got to survive a long Summer of flying first....

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

On 5/14/2019 at 2:08 PM, MarkJHarris said:

I'm just designing up my next sim rig. It will be plate alloy, all bolt up and should pack away into 3 or 4 big suitcases. It's based on using the Brunner controls and they will come when we get our bonus for this year.  If there's much left after HMRC gets their slice , that is.

CLS-E pedals and Yoke and Joystick base. I'll be building a seat, instrument panel and all adjustments on Autocad, to use water jet cut thin alloy sheet, bonding some sheets together for a lightweight strong sectional setup. Replaceable seat side plates to look like a GA seat or Ejection seat. Removable side panels to give partial, or full side panels for the fast jet look. Various upper front side panels to mount Warthog throttles, Saitek quadrants or Warthog joystick base. Can give left or right sidestick/throttle options. Cessna TPM side mount to panel too. 

Should be finished sometime this Winter and the Autocad design means it can be reproduced anytime or modified. Alloy is only £75 per 8ftx4ft sheet so cost of the whole thing will be quite a bit less than the Yoke and pedals alone!

The pass through on the Rift S will be very useful! Just got to survive a long Summer of flying first....

..seems like very ambitious and costly Project, woild be nice if you share the progress with the Sim community 

Good luck  

I will. 

The Brunner kit is expensive, but rest is remarkably not considering. The biggest other cost would be the Autocad licence, but my kids school email sorts that, and I can teach them how to use it as well.

The hard work is the design. Once done, I can make new bits easily. Joystick centre base for Warthog, no problem,. Saitek quadrant, no problem. Custom platform for different yoke, or a monitor, again, it should integrate nicely.

At least that's the plan.

Off to Belfast to do some hotel standby this weekend- that's when I get productive!

Best wishes all.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Jessica Bannister-Pearce did a review of the Brunner CLS-E NG yoke in the current (May-June 2019) issue of PC Pilot.

12 hours ago, ncngrr said:

Jessica Bannister-Pearce did a review of the Brunner CLS-E NG yoke in the current (May-June 2019) issue of PC Pilot.

How do you access the review ????? 

1 hour ago, N1125Y said:

How do you access the review ????? 

You would have to buy this copy of PC Pilot, however the Brunner website has a summary of her findings?

Well i got to actually use the CLS-E-NG model at FSExpo in Orlando. I thought i would leave a little review here since it seems no one has a review on this yoke yet or has even gotten there hands on one yet? This training company was using Brunner's yoke for there display. I will say the yoke to me was great! I tried the new Honeycomb yoke, Diagma yoke, various Saitek yokes and the Yoko yoke+ too. I would say the Brunner by far feels the most realistic to an actual aircraft yoke with forces like wind and airplane physics. Second place goes to Yoko..also a great yoke, but doesnt feel as free! I did think the travel on it was a little short...pretty close to Saitek travel in my opinion. Force pounds felt good to me. It looks nice and is not to big either. Anyone waiting for the Honeycomb...it is way better than the Saitek and CH yokes...but not up to par with Yoko at all...still feel the rubber band feel in there with the elevator. Roll axis feels better! Anyway after playing with the Brunner for awhile i am sold..however I am going with the more expensive CLS-E yoke because i want more travel and to have the feeling of a real aircraft! However I think the NG model is a joy to fly and for most it would be a huge upgrade and well worth it. Also I do speak from experience as i am a real commercial pilot too. If you have any more questions feel free to reply....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flyboychris1 said:

Well i got to actually use the CLS-E-NG model at FSExpo in Orlando. ...  This training company was using Brunner's yoke for there display.

Wow, disappointed I didn't find that vendor - I looked around for about every yoke in the place.

• Like 1

The yoke was used at the FS Flight Control Booth...it took me almost half of the first day to find the yoke. It was only hooked up to a 15 inch laptop, so was hard to spot. I dont think a lot of people even new if was a Brunner or force feedback? 

If Brunner would have highlighted that yoke at FSExpo they probably would have sold a ton! Best yoke there by far!

15 hours ago, Flyboychris1 said:

Well i got to actually use the CLS-E-NG model at FSExpo in Orlando. I thought i would leave a little review here since it seems no one has a review on this yoke yet or has even gotten there hands on one yet? This training company was using Brunner's yoke for there display. I will say the yoke to me was great! I tried the new Honeycomb yoke, Diagma yoke, various Saitek yokes and the Yoko yoke+ too. I would say the Brunner by far feels the most realistic to an actual aircraft yoke with forces like wind and airplane physics. Second place goes to Yoko..also a great yoke, but doesnt feel as free! I did think the travel on it was a little short...pretty close to Saitek travel in my opinion. Force pounds felt good to me. It looks nice and is not to big either. Anyone waiting for the Honeycomb...it is way better than the Saitek and CH yokes...but not up to par with Yoko at all...still feel the rubber band feel in there with the elevator. Roll axis feels better! Anyway after playing with the Brunner for awhile i am sold..however I am going with the more expensive CLS-E yoke because i want more travel and to have the feeling of a real aircraft! However I think the NG model is a joy to fly and for most it would be a huge upgrade and well worth it. Also I do speak from experience as i am a real commercial pilot too. If you have any more questions feel free to reply....

..... tnx u so much for the review, though short but in a way very convincing particularity when it comes out of a RW pilot... now when it comes to GA Single & Duel Engine, do you think it's worse the investment, and will get you as close as possible to the RW/ real thing ???? 

Cheers 

Yair   

On 6/14/2019 at 1:27 PM, N1125Y said:

..... tnx u so much for the review, though short but in a way very convincing particularity when it comes out of a RW pilot... now when it comes to GA Single & Duel Engine, do you think it's worse the investment, and will get you as close as possible to the RW/ real thing ???? 

Cheers 

Yair   

Yes, i would say that it would be worth the investment! I am actually a Regional Airline pilot flying RJ's but don't get to do any GA aircraft flying anymore ( plus it is so expensive) so i wanted some way i could simulate that and home flight simming has for now filled that void for me...or at least until i could afford my own plane 😉..not to mention we use Level D sims all the time for our Proficiency checks (LOFTS) yearly and simming is an excellent way to practice procedures and flights in a safe manner. The only thing i am worried about is the Brunner software seems to have hangups from what i read? I really need to get that down and understand how to properly use it or this could end up being a royal headache? If there are any people on this board who could give me some much needed pointers it would be much appreciated! i should get my CLS-E this week! 

Hi,  have the yoke (CLS-E) and the rudder from 02-03-2016 and no problems at all. In some aircrafts  you have the feed back in your yoke (Roll/Pitch) and by overpower the AP disconnect. There are a lot of profiles available for different aircrafts so take one and modify it so you are happy with settings your adjustments.

Regards and succes

Jo va Bra

On 6/14/2019 at 9:56 AM, AustinLonghorn said:

Wow, disappointed I didn't find that vendor - I looked around for about every yoke in the place.

Wow here too...I own this yoke and was at the expo, but also totally missed its presence there!

I tried the Honeycomb, Diagma, and of course the Saitek, which seemed to be everywhere. I was not overwhelmed with the Honeycomb, but it is better then Saitek. The Diagma was actually decent and for I think $560 USD, it's worthy of consideration, me thinks...

I've had the Brunner CLS-E-NG for over a year now without a hint of trouble. As noted, the shorter throw elevator axis is noteworthy, but I hardly see it as a no-go factor. I love the thing. It does take some time to configure the forces to one's liking, but I've not experienced any software 'hangups' of any type. 

I'm not one for reviewing things, but can answer questions...or try at least!

Anyway, I have some pretty nice hardware and this yoke has added more 'realism' to sim flying than anything else. 

cheers,

Greg G         

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.