Sign in to follow this  
Moose4

PSS777--impressions?

Hi,How does the PSS777 compare against the 2 other high-fidelity 744 and 763 products?The reviews I've read so far are on the pre-patched version so I'm not sure how things turned out. I still read some complaints from users in the PSS forum, but is it "good enough?"VC flying here, so is it as good as 744 but without the deep FMC functions/system modeling? Thanks for your input,PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest Trans_601

System wise, excellent.Model wise, not as good as the 744 or 763.

VC is good, especially at night. but the textures are flat and i raised this in accordance to their 757 release which seems to be heading this way as well. to the other person who said that the systems are as good as the 767 or even the 747.. i must laugh, for he obviously never touched them. systems are a C, when they work, but they don't, so as such, well... bugs. Flight dynamics still result in a bouncy plane even after the patch.

Guest Trans_601

gyrate,I have indeed flown the 744 and 763. I have not encountered any bugs with the PSS 777 after the patch, which is obviously why your views differ from mine.

I would say the 777 is satisfying.Good cockpit and VC, good framerates, satisfying Fmc.Model ok but not as good as Meljet's.(I use the meljet with the Pss cockpit)There are still bugs (lockup's while using fmc, problems with sids, stars and waypoints, bank oscillations with 777-300ER).The Level-D 767 is on a higher level: it is a complete airliner simulation with all the systems and their failures and complete Fmc. Guy

I second Guy on that...The 777 is satisfying. Ugly ext model (compared to others like PMDG, LDS,...) but system sim (even if it's not as deep as LDS's and PMDG's with failure modules etc.) is OK : Nothing more nothing less. And still bugs remain. But it is defenitly NOT in the same league with the LDS763... No way.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I've had no major issues with any of the 3 T7s since the patch, I've seen no bouncing in the 773, they handle wonderfully both manually and in autoflight. I've seen the 'disappearing waypoints' bug when using fmc 'direct to' cf point issue. Also the fmc-computed t/o trim seems incorrect to me. I think Mike T said it best. To paraphrase - PSS is, overall, in a different category than PMDG or LDS. The PSS level of detail visually and systems-wise is lower - it's as if PSS takes a thing to a certain level and then 'CUT!', no more time to develop, no more detail required. The final product is immersive, fun, and mostly satisfying in and of ITSELF. Personally I've come to the conclusion that PSS and PMDG/LDS is an apples to oranges comparison.Raise youself way up in the 767 or 744 vc, look down and you'll see the top of the glareshield just as in the real bird - do the same in the 777 and you'll see the same but with chunks of empty space as well. That to me speaks to the overall difference in design philosophy inside and out. PSS gives you all you need for a great experience, with extraordinary perks here and there as well, but make sure you put the bigger boys out of your mind first.When I get to the 777 vc, adjust my seat, get the flow and electronic checklists going, I'm all there - no other 777 around can touch it imho :)regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

>gyrate,>>I have indeed flown the 744 and 763. I have not encountered>any bugs with the PSS 777 after the patch, which is obviously>why your views differ from mine.i was talking about after the patch.....

Guest DLM9000

Does the MelJet model have a virtual cockpit?Dennis Mitchell

You cant't loose with the PSS777 since it's only $29.99 at Fry's Electronics...a real bargin in today's high priced flightsim world! :)

Thanks All for your comments.I did buy it at Frey's for $30 (cheaper than d/l or online, in fact, the Seahawk was also cheaper at $30!), which included all 3 models.Just d/l the patch so I'll start flying this thing around the world. Initail impression is that the VC looks nice, yes, night lighting is cool. I thought the MPD on the L/R side worked, but only eye candy. WX radar is nice. External model is not up to the level on other products, but good enough.Having flown on the 772 on gazillion trips, I'm looking forward to simulating how it looks up front.Pat AMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest Pilot53

Dont buy the 777. There are many systems left out, the vc is ok, nothing too great. The exterior is ugly. Many systems systems that are there are not modeled fully. Now please dont start that nonsense that I always hear from somebody that it is a $30 sim, you cant get a sim thats equal to a $25000 trainer from $30. Leveld has the best addon for fs to this date, the 767 is complete in every aspect. Close second is the pmdg, very detailed and realistic as well. The 777 remains bugged and pss has their own agenda that they plan to follow to realease their 757 before anyone else. So the 777 still reamains bugged, even after the 6 month wait for the first patch. With lds and pmdg you get the nice features like hyd systems actually affecting the aircraft, eng damage modeling, all lights tied to the respective switches. If I push the left r/w turnoff light switch, I wanna see the left r/w turnoff light! Now a nice feature pss put into the 777 was aileron droop due to hyd press. But they only did it half way, just move the flt controls slightly and you will see the ailerons move. LDS and PMDG modeled this fully. There are still vc lighting bugs at night. So be smart and dont waste $30 on the 777, dont pay $30 to learn a lesson like I did.

I think for $30, the PSS777 is very good. FMC is at best, PMDG/LDS beta, wish they will patch it after they release the 757. If the 757 FMC gets it right, chances for T7 upgrade should be good(?).System depth is obviously lacking, but if you don't use the abnormals, not a big deal. Yes, light modeling is subpar, but it's not a killer issue for me.The external model looked terrible in the reivew screen shots and PSS website, but in reality, it looks pretty good. Running it on a decent system allows better rendering.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/152703.jpgWX radar is a differentiator. I like it.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/152702.jpgAutoland works fine (based on 1.1 patched version). Stable so far, no lockups yet. Much, much better than expected product, it has great potential, a product crying out, "finish me."Thanks all for your comments,PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

The only things that bug me is the auto brake does not disenguage when you tap the brakes. They said they used the ms9 default auto brake system. All my other addons do disenguage. And when you select a runway and it puts in the cfxxx. If you delete all waypoints before the cfxxx you get the line going off to who knows where and not to your plane. So you need to have a real waypoint before it. Other than that it works pretty well and I like the weather radar. I wish PMDG and LDS would add it to their's.

John K

Guest Daniel Pimentel

No FIX page discards excellent from my book, but I guess I'm just crazy. :-lolEnjoyable? Definitely. And working decently post-patch? Yep. Still worth acquiring? Absolutely. Just don't expect LDS or PMDG, you'll be disappointed.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)