Sign in to follow this  
Jyrki Keisala

Where to find good quality SAPI5 desktop voices for P2A?

IVONA doesn't seem to offer anything to buy anymore. None of the voice samples work, and there is not a Buy option anywhere.

https://www.ivona.com/us/about-us/voice-portfolio/

1 hour ago, Jyrki Keisala said:

IVONA doesn't seem to offer anything to buy anymore. None of the voice samples work, and there is not a Buy option anywhere.

https://www.ivona.com/us/about-us/voice-portfolio/

Try Harpo. They sell Nuance and Ivona voices.

https://harposoftware.com/en/12-all-voices

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Check out Nextup.com.  Note 32bit voices will not work with current version of p2a.  They offer Ivona which i have an work perfectly.

14 hours ago, Jyrki Keisala said:

39€ a piece. Good god no. Aren't there any packages?

Yes. I purchased two packages of 6 at a big discount on that rate. Trouble is I decided later I didn't like several so bought others separately.

If you find the same quality cheaper somewhere, please do let me know. The Ivona ones are very good indeed, and the Nuance ones are also excellent. Compared with what I've already spent on my cockpit system the prices are trivial.

I am now just hoping that Dave will get around to implementing a more random choice for the voice for each ATC function, so it varies somewhat from flight to flight, then i might even invest in more voices! Then, of course, choosing from groups of voices depending where you are -- even more voices! 

Currently it isn't worth investing in more than 12.

Pete

6 hours ago, JeB1952 said:

Check out Nextup.com.

Actually, yes. That's where I got my packages of 6. But as I just said, I ended up paying full price for additional ones in any case.

The Nextup site is probably a little easier to use than Harpo, but, yes, you have to be careful that the voices are 64-bit ones.

Pete

2 hours ago, Jyrki Keisala said:

How do I know which ones are 64-bit ones? No mention about that.

I know, and I haven't a clue. I just sort of trusted that a the Ivona and Nuance ones would be. But I've no idea how one can determine which from the information given.

Pete

I have always found Nextup support to be very helpful. Just ask them.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:03 AM, Pete Dowson said:

Try Harpo. They sell Nuance and Ivona voices.

https://harposoftware.com/en/12-all-voices

Pete

Pete, I assume Nuance and Ivona are the Jaguars of the fleet in your valued opinion? I am based solely in the U.S. and prefer English with British & American accents. Are Nuance and Ivona 64-bit? 

On the question of judging their quality, I have two Ivona voices on 30 day free trial from Harpo.  I am finding them to be excellent.

Having used 4 voices from Cepstral for a number of years, Pete's heads up led me to Harpo.  Theirs are better in my opinion.

Thanks Pete.

Regards

Frank Jones

7 hours ago, Les Parson said:

Pete, I assume Nuance and Ivona are the Jaguars of the fleet in your valued opinion? I am based solely in the U.S. and prefer English with British & American accents. Are Nuance and Ivona 64-bit? 

Well, the ones I bought must be 64-bit, because they work with P2A. I chose them carefully after listening to the samples. I'm not sure how to find out if they are 64-bit.

I did start by buying a 6-pack but that was a mistake really as I can't easily understand several of them. Hopefully that will change as I get more and more used to what to expect, as do, I suppose, real pilots facing different accents all over the world.

I'm currently only using the ones which a clear British or American English accent (mostly British). And they are currently mostly female as they do seem clearer to me.

I'd like to build up my library of voices over time, but it isn't really worth it at present because of the way P2A operates. When, one day (hopefully) P2A is capable of
    (a) choosing a voice for a facility at random from a selected group, and/or, better:
    (b) choosing a voice from a selected group according to the region/location of the facility.
THEN it will be worth adding to the library.

Dave has intimated that such developments are somewhere on his list, for the future.

Pete

5 hours ago, Jonahbird said:

On the question of judging their quality, I have two Ivona voices on 30 day free trial from Harpo.

I didn't notice you can get them on trial. I'll use that facility in future!

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Well, the ones I bought must be 64-bit, because they work with P2A. I chose them carefully after listening to the samples. I'm not sure how to find out if they are 64-bit.

I did start by buying a 6-pack but that was a mistake really as I can't easily understand several of them. Hopefully that will change as I get more and more used to what to expect, as do, I suppose, real pilots facing different accents all over the world.

I'm currently only using the ones which a clear British or American English accent (mostly British). And they are currently mostly female as they do seem clearer to me.

I'd like to build up my library of voices over time, but it isn't really worth it at present because of the way P2A operates. When, one day (hopefully) P2A is capable of
    (a) choosing a voice for a facility at random from a selected group, and/or, better:
    (b) choosing a voice from a selected group according to the region/location of the facility.
THEN it will be worth adding to the library.

Dave has intimated that such developments are somewhere on his list, for the future.

Pete

Pete, thanks for the valuable info. I'm very new to this entire concept but I thought I read that if one leaves the voice area for a specific ATC facility - Blank -, P2A will select a random voice from the users library. Is that not accurate? 

I use CereProc voice, I was able to benefit from important reductions (50%) at Christmas time in 2016 and 2017. One voice=31€/2. I am very satisfied with these voices (12) that I can use in P2Atc, VoxAtc and MCE.

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|