Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

P3Dv4.3 wont start after making changes in sceneries within Add-on Or

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello @ll,

I made a couple of tests, and I can only force the issue that P3D "hangs" when I add an invalid path that P3D does not yet know about. The "crash" seems to happen when the scenery cache is built. 

I have uploaded P4AO 1.35 to the Lorby-SI website just now. In this version, if a content path is invalid (or empty), the entry will turn violet in the treelist.

Best regards

Fantastic, Thanks again O.B. !

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Good one Oliver. It pointed out a path error with my Global Ships xml. I did not get any crashes but maybe now I'll get to see my ships. To late to test.

For the record I had <Path>P:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Global Ships\scenery</Path> should have been <Path>P:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Global Ships\scenery\world</Path>

Cheers,

howevr

Hello Oliver,

Many thanks for your kind efforts to resolve this issue for us. It is very much appreciated. I will update P4AO to the latest version right now. Once again I am grateful for your help.

Sorry to bother you again Oliver, but it seems that the "double click" to activate and deactivate is not functioning on the new build. I tried reverting to 1.30b, but I can't double click on that one either.  I was able to on before installing 1.35

Edited by jalbino59

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

35 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

Sorry to bother you again Oliver, but it seems that the "double click" to activate and deactivate is not functioning on the new build. I tried reverting to 1.30b, but I can't double click on that one either.  I was able to on before installing 1.35

That's odd, it works for me. Anything special about the item that you are trying to doubleclick? The only exception that I know of is when the package for an addon has been disabled, you can't enable the addon again, unless you activate the package first.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Same issue here also, can't change the status by 'double clicking', also had the same issue in the previous version.  Seems strange that these has happened since V4.3

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

9 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

That's odd, it works for me. Anything special about the item that you are trying to doubleclick? The only exception that I know of is when the package for an addon has been disabled, you can't enable the addon again, unless you activate the package first.

Best regards

That was it Oliver. Thank you. 

Jose A.

1 minute ago, alpha117 said:

Same issue here also, can't change the status by 'double clicking', also had the same issue in the previous version.  Seems strange that these has happened since V4.3

Strange as that may sound, but I can't detect anything wrong on my end- ??? I can doubleclick all items in the treeviews, and they change their status/color as they should.

Anything specific that I should watch out for?

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver, 

I've just tested again and you're right, unless the 'package' is activated then the scenery within that package will not change.

package would be something like scenery, texture, effects, scripts etc etc. So if that has been 'deactivated' then the scenery within that package will never change to 'green' .

So, now that makes sense, you just need to activate the package and your're good to go

.....Case close...........Well, here anyway!

Thanks again

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

11 minutes ago, alpha117 said:

package would be something like scenery, texture, effects, scripts etc etc. So if that has been 'deactivated' then the scenery within that package will never change to 'green' .

Hi,

the "package" is the add-on.xml. It is called an Addon Package in the spec (Learning Center -> SDK -> Add-ons -> Add-on Packages)

This is what gets disabled when you use the dialog in the sim (Options->Add-ons).

A package can contain any number of addons (sceneries, aircraft etc.) so it is handled separately in P4AO.

(and generally speaking, Addon Compontents can't be disabled. P4AO uses a trick to do that, which is strictly against the spec - see the Users Manual, chapter 3.2)

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI