Sign in to follow this  
McDANIEL_Douglas

FSX 0xc000012f error

Hi there! I would like to ask if somebody is facing this problem when initiating FSX. Until 3 days ago, it run perfectly and I enjoyed all my gliders and liners flights on IVAO, without any problem. Suddenly, the day after, I was unable to initiate some other programms, like ASN, Landing Rate Monitor and a few others. I have attached some screenshots below. I have tried many options, but without sucess, like to download some software to remove junk files and when I go to execute these cleaner files as administrator, the same fricking error window appear, avoiding me to continue trying to fix the problem. Please, help if you can. Thank you in advance!

Screenshot 33_zps1hfp6ang.png

Screenshot 32_zpsf6z7gczf.png

Edited by McDANIEL_Douglas

Daniel Sinico.

(sorry for my English mistakes).

It is saying something like the ccleaner.exe image is not valid.  Do you have ccleaner running in the background?  The following site provides some info on fixing the 012F error - https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-error-code-0xc000012f-on-windows/

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim. Thank you for your attention! So, the "ccleaner" error you ask me, is my trying to execute the installation of it. As I said before, I have tried some possibilities but for each of them, the error window which you saw in the screenshots would appear timely. For instance, below there is a new screenshot of my trying to install the tool you linked me, even though I had tried this one too. It happens everytime. So I have my hands tied. I have my FSX with a lot of addons I like and enjoy. Planes and sceneries. I am thinking of saving the entire FSX file folder and command a pc recovery to see if it works. 

Thank you again,

Screenshot%2034_zpsotozhhox.png

Daniel Sinico.

Hi Daniel,

Which options have you already tried. In your picture above, there is a grey box giving some possible repair options, I would think Option 2.) Run sfc /scannow   run this scan in cmd Prompt "As Administrator"  let the tool discover and fix Integrity Violations or give a thumbs up. (It usually takes between 5 - 7min to complete)

• Like 1

Hello Jethro, thanks to you too! So, I have tried many times the "sfc/scannow" command but everytime it stopped at 92% of its scan. I do not know why. Even though I run it as "administrator". It is very strange indeed! 

As you can see, even though it is written in Italian, the scan stopped at 92% even this time.... Then there is a message from Windows telling that it is impossible continuing the scan demand. What would you do next, please?

Screenshot%2035_zpsbuwqkqcf.png

Daniel Sinico.

Let me ask you a question. Is sufficient saving on an external HD my FSX, ASN, and other few programms related to FSX and prove to restore the pc? After restoring the pc I would transfer all the file folders to the "new" configuration. Is that possible or not, please?

Daniel Sinico.

For me, anything on the C drive where Windows is installed is lost.  You need to backup your Documents/Pictures folder.  I had FSX on G drive and everything was there when Windows was reset/reinstalled but all of the registry entries were gone so reinstalled FSX and most of my addons.  FlightOne has a FSX registry repair tool that might fix all of the issues but have never tried it. Windows usually tells you all the apps you will lose.  Simply backing up FSX and moving to a new install of Windows will not work as you have hidden folders and the registry.  If you have FSX (boxed version) you might not be able to reactivate.  In that case, you could purchase FSX-SE (which is the same as the boxed version and includes Acceleration), for $25 (boxed version use to be around $100).

FSX simply cannot be moved from a backup and it runs on a updated version of Windows.  If that were possible, then anyone could get the backup from someone and copy it to their system all over the world.  Nothing is easy with Windows 10 and FSX/P3D.

I did not mean for you to install the ReimageRepair tool but, like Jethro stated above, you should run some of the suggestions on that page which you did unsuccessfully.  There is a Windows Repair Tool that you could try (freeware/payware) - https://www.tweaking.com/.

• Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Daniel,

I noticed in your latest picture where you show the last sfc scan, that the command line entry  sfc /scannow does not seem to have a space between sfc and the command  /scannow  
I think this may be the reason that the scan is not finishing. Try the command again with a space.

Google Translation

Italian - Protezione  risorse di windows impossible esseguire l'operazione richesta
English - Windows resource protection can not perform the task requested .

This indicates that the command line entry   sfc/scannow   instead of   sfc /scannow may be why the scan fails to complete its task.

Edited by Jethro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

For me, anything on the C drive where Windows is installed is lost.  You need to backup your Documents/Pictures folder.  I had FSX on G drive and everything was there when Windows was reset/reinstalled but all of the registry entries were gone so reinstalled FSX and most of my addons.  FlightOne has a FSX registry repair tool that might fix all of the issues but have never tried it. Windows usually tells you all the apps you will lose.  Simply backing up FSX and moving to a new install of Windows will not work as you have hidden folders and the registry.  If you have FSX (boxed version) you might not be able to reactivate.  In that case, you could purchase FSX-SE (which is the same as the boxed version and includes Acceleration), for $25 (boxed version use to be around $100).

FSX simply cannot be moved from a backup and it runs on a updated version of Windows.  If that were possible, then anyone could get the backup from someone and copy it to their system all over the world.  Nothing is easy with Windows 10 and FSX/P3D.

I did not mean for you to install the ReimageRepair tool but, like Jethro stated above, you should run some of the suggestions on that page which you did unsuccessfully.  There is a Windows Repair Tool that you could try (freeware/payware) - https://www.tweaking.com/.

Ok Jim! I tried to run the Flight1 registry repair tool but there is an error again, see the screenshot below. And I got the explanation about saving my stuff on a HD to reinstall afterwards. I am pychologically prepared to get a restore and then, one by one, reinstall all my sceneries and planes again. It is a pain cause it is time consuming but it seems there is no way to get it fixed.

Screenshot%2036_zpsllk20vt3.png

Daniel Sinico.

2 hours ago, Jethro said:

Hi Daniel,

I noticed in your latest picture where you show the last sfc scan, that the command line entry  sfc /scannow does not seem to have a space between sfc and the command  /scannow  
I think this may be the reason that the scan is not finishing. Try the command again with a space.

Google Translation

Italian - Protezione  risorse di windows impossible esseguire l'operazione richesta
English - Windows resource protection can not perform the task requested .

This indicates that the command line entry   sfc/scannow   instead of   sfc /scannow may be why the scan fails to complete its task.

Yes, I tried both ways before but no way... 

Screenshot%2037_zpslceolixm.png

Daniel Sinico.

Now I am downloading the "tweaking tool". Let us see if it will work; if not, I am going to restore the pc.

Daniel Sinico.

Screenshot%2038_zpsfrewjxhj.png

Sorry guys, but I am blocked with my actions thanks to this kind of virus. That error window refer to the "tweaking tool". I am sorry to get your time wasted but tomorrow I will do the correct job; I will restore my pc. Can I ask you where are you from? North America, Australia/New Zealand or Great Britain? Thanks again!

Daniel Sinico.

If the Windows Repair tool does not work, then you have a serious problem.  I just ran it on my PC and had no issues and it did fix some issues I was having too.  It was supposedly developed by former Microsoft Techs.  Hopefully you followed the instructions and went to safe mode before beginning any repairs (but then it appears Microsoft Windows will not allow you to install or run any programs so you probably did not get that far).

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Daniel,

8 hours ago, McDANIEL_Douglas said:

I will restore my pc. Can I ask you where are you from? North America, Australia/New Zealand or Great Britain? Thanks again!

Oh dear, some serious issues occurring there, I do hope a system restore will at least fix your Operating System issues, and then you can begin re-installing FSX and your addons.

I live in Australia (Mid North coast - New South Wales).