Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Sunken rivers & Streams?

I am getting sunken rivers or streams that look like gullies. I thought their was a solution to this , but I cannot locate it. Thanks a lot, Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; 

There is a simple mod to deal with this - freewareUnfortunately I can't remember where it is.....

ngxu_banner.png                   NAX3142.png

Hi,The solution is easy. Run "notepad" with the file "terrain.cfg" in the main FS map and modify the offset of the "Stream lines" from -10 to -1 like showed below:[General]DefaultTextureCount=238AutogenCount=14// texture order = wi,hw,sp,su,fa,nighttexture//Stream Lines[Texture.1024] // stream lines / unknown / perennialType=1Size=4ExcludeAutogen=1MaskClassMap=3Textures=RiverSU.bmpoffset=-1 <--------[Texture.1025] // stream lines / unknown / non-perennialType=1Size=4ExcludeAutogen=1MaskClassMap=3Textures=RiverSU.bmpoffset=-1 <--------Regards,Hugo

An easier thing to do is to make sure your terrain max vertex level is at 19 and not 21. Many scenery installations change the vertex level for a certain look, but it changes the terrain and lowers the frame rates. 19 is more normal and more practical.Look for this section in you FS9.cfg file:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=70.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=2TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=0Lee

Lee Holdridge

i7 8700K 4.8 OC 32GB Ram 11GB GTX 1080ti

well I always run at TVL set at 21, don't notuce any hit on frames and if you use mesh, which I do, it has more detail. You will have some scenery issues due to this, but not the streams one. Mostly it makes cliffs and edges sharper. As always, YMMV.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/tfbeta.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW