Sign in to follow this  

TrueEarth Netherlands announced!

So it almost there!

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/157687-netherlands-trueearth-coming-to-aerofly-fs2/

4 hours ago, J van E said:

I think you'll like it 🙂

I really want to see the communities reaction to just how fast/smooth it is. Even in VR.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Please, do you know the approximate weight of this "little" thing?

Thanks and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

7 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Please, do you know the approximate weight of this "little" thing?

You mean what the download size will be? I asked about this on the Orbx forum but didn't get a reply yet.

Venema said this though: "We have worked closely with IPACS to really optimise this release and the FPS even in Amsterdam and other large cities is off the charts! In some areas beta testers have reported over 270FPS!!" Sounds good!

20 minutes ago, J van E said:

You mean what the download size will be? I asked about this on the Orbx forum but didn't get a reply yet.

Venema said this though: "We have worked closely with IPACS to really optimise this release and the FPS even in Amsterdam and other large cities is off the charts! In some areas beta testers have reported over 270FPS!!" Sounds good!

the thing with AErofly is the ..well. rest of the world. I don't even dare to fly close to the borders of the LOWI scenery because it.. kills the immersion. However, 270 in ams.. NExtup GEN. if ti can still maintain that fps. damn!

Victor Roos

1 minute ago, Victoroos said:

the thing with AErofly is the ..well. rest of the world. I don't even dare to fly close to the borders of the LOWI scenery because it.. kills the immersion. However, 270 in ams.. NExtup GEN. if ti can still maintain that fps. damn!

Whatever performance will be, it will be a LOT better than in P3D! In P3D I had to change/lower a lot of settings in order to enjoy the scenery with max detail and an fps of 20 to 25. That may be okay for P3D but it's far from smooth. TrueEarth Netherlands will be so much more fun with an fps that never drops below 60 (with vsync)! Aerofly FS 2 is smooth... you have to see it to understand how much smoother it is than P3D.

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Whatever performance will be, it will be a LOT better than in P3D! In P3D I had to change/lower a lot of settings in order to enjoy the scenery with max detail and an fps of 20 to 25. That may be okay for P3D but it's far from smooth. TrueEarth Netherlands will be so much more fun with an fps that never drops below 60 (with vsync)! Aerofly FS 2 is smooth... you have to see it to understand how much smoother it is than P3D.

Yeah, I know it is. I tried it :). With vulkan coming up..can you imagine. I just need more scenery.. but yes, it is amazing! defo more that 60 😉 fps 

Victor Roos

15 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

defo more that 60 😉 fps 

Yes, I can reach 600 fps in some area's but I can't stand tearing so I always have vsync on and stick with 60 fps. 😉 With is butter smooth! (And which gives me enough overhead for future system expansions!) If I had a 120 monitor I'd still could use vsync without any problems because fps never drops below 120 on my PC (I fly in 2D only, no VR). I am really curious to see how far fps drops with TrueEarth and all settings on ultra/insane on my rig.

I hope more scenery will be introduced.  This is a fun VFR simulator.