TrueEarth Netherlands announced!

So it almost there!

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/157687-netherlands-trueearth-coming-to-aerofly-fs2/

7 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Please, do you know the approximate weight of this "little" thing?

You mean what the download size will be? I asked about this on the Orbx forum but didn't get a reply yet.

Venema said this though: "We have worked closely with IPACS to really optimise this release and the FPS even in Amsterdam and other large cities is off the charts! In some areas beta testers have reported over 270FPS!!" Sounds good!

20 minutes ago, J van E said:

You mean what the download size will be? I asked about this on the Orbx forum but didn't get a reply yet.

Venema said this though: "We have worked closely with IPACS to really optimise this release and the FPS even in Amsterdam and other large cities is off the charts! In some areas beta testers have reported over 270FPS!!" Sounds good!

the thing with AErofly is the ..well. rest of the world. I don't even dare to fly close to the borders of the LOWI scenery because it.. kills the immersion. However, 270 in ams.. NExtup GEN. if ti can still maintain that fps. damn!

1 minute ago, Victoroos said:

the thing with AErofly is the ..well. rest of the world. I don't even dare to fly close to the borders of the LOWI scenery because it.. kills the immersion. However, 270 in ams.. NExtup GEN. if ti can still maintain that fps. damn!

Whatever performance will be, it will be a LOT better than in P3D! In P3D I had to change/lower a lot of settings in order to enjoy the scenery with max detail and an fps of 20 to 25. That may be okay for P3D but it's far from smooth. TrueEarth Netherlands will be so much more fun with an fps that never drops below 60 (with vsync)! Aerofly FS 2 is smooth... you have to see it to understand how much smoother it is than P3D.

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Whatever performance will be, it will be a LOT better than in P3D! In P3D I had to change/lower a lot of settings in order to enjoy the scenery with max detail and an fps of 20 to 25. That may be okay for P3D but it's far from smooth. TrueEarth Netherlands will be so much more fun with an fps that never drops below 60 (with vsync)! Aerofly FS 2 is smooth... you have to see it to understand how much smoother it is than P3D.

Yeah, I know it is. I tried it :). With vulkan coming up..can you imagine. I just need more scenery.. but yes, it is amazing! defo more that 60 😉 fps 

15 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

defo more that 60 😉 fps 

Yes, I can reach 600 fps in some area's but I can't stand tearing so I always have vsync on and stick with 60 fps. 😉 With is butter smooth! (And which gives me enough overhead for future system expansions!) If I had a 120 monitor I'd still could use vsync without any problems because fps never drops below 120 on my PC (I fly in 2D only, no VR). I am really curious to see how far fps drops with TrueEarth and all settings on ultra/insane on my rig.