Sign in to follow this  
JKawai

What IS this smoke?

I can't get my head round what is causing this smoke effect (see video below):

https://youtu.be/qPBaOOrayaI

I read somewhere it was the SnowWash effect and that I should remove it, which I have, but it's still happening. Happens with all aircraft at random points.

This video was taken at EGNS.

See signature for addons list. P3D v4.2 (although has happened in previous versions). 

Many thanks

It's raining and you have water spray coming off the tires. It's normal. Usually when you go over dirt you will get the brownish "smoke" also. IMHO it's a little overdone.

Vic

• Upvote 1

By any chance, does it follow you up into the sky after you takeoff?  Could be a water spray effect.

I used to see it in the sky, but don't any more (perhaps because of that effect I removed). 

THAT'S spray? ...blimey... 'little' overdone is an understatement!! Thanks for the clarification though..

I would think that is easy to disable by finding the relevent file in the effects folder. I'm sure years ago I did that in FSX. Go to effects folder and find the effects named fx spray, rain, snow or something similar and add _OFF to the file name.

Edited by Rockliffe

It looks like a simple "ON/OFF" effect, rather than being linked to the speed of movement of the plane and amount of water on the ground. Understandable, but it really needs to be toned down in a situation like that.