Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Beauty of the jet age stewardess

6 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

I was proudest of was my work on the American/US Airways merger,

I remember when you first got that job and shared with us on Avsim. You were very excited about it and I'm glad it worked out well for you. I hope you got to mingle with the flight attendants also! :biggrin:

Ted

Edited by Ted Striker

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

7 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

I remember when you first got that job and shared with us on Avsim. You were very excited about it and I'm glad it worked out well for you. I hope you got to mingle with the flight attendants also! :biggrin:

Ted

Got to mingle with some beautiful women in IT from India, and though I was with my ex wife back then our department admin assistant flirted with me and obviously wanted to go out with me, but I stayed professional, remembering the first rule of employment is not to date someone who reported to me and others.  But she was so kind, especially on the day I drove in to turn in my airline ID, which I could have mailed in but I wanted to see my beloved workplace one last time before moving on to my next contract for Obamacare.

John

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:48 PM, charliearon said:

Probably a little bit before that Aeroflot commercial was made, they looked a little more like this:

Vladimir-Putin-the-Stewardess--24967.jpg

A certain former KBG agent we all know in disguise and on assignment? Those black gloves sure look sinister and what could be in that purse? 

Vic green

5 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

A certain former KBG agent we all know in disguise and on assignment? Those black gloves sure look sinister and what could be in that purse? 

But he could teach our US Intelligence officers and former secretary of state a few things about keeping state secrets and the behind the scenes work of diplomacy.  Like any leader he survives because he is trying to seek greater wealth for his country and security for his homeland.  One must remember Russia has suffered so much from encroachment and invasions over its history and will not forget WWII and the millions of their citizens lost nor their defense of their country in spite of incredible odds and a determined foe.  And without Russia's invasion of Manchuria Japan might have fought on in spite of the atomic bombs, I feel it was the tipping point when they knew their country would suffer ruin being outnumbered.  Last, Russia's navy helps fight terrorism and piracy on the high seas and has often worked with ours patrolling the volatile coast of Africa, and their military helped with ISIS in Syria.  Yes, they make strange but needed bedfellows in the complex world of geopolitics.  As to their invasion of Crimea, they saw a threat and did not go further into the Ukraine when they could have.  Probably one of the reasons why the US did not allow the Ukraine in to Nato, but just a guess.  The militaries of the US, China and Russia need to cooperate on the high seas securing free transport of goods and services.  My friends in Russia have told me the sanctions have hit them hard, even though they are understandable to keep the Russians in check and securing their borders while not interfering in the rest of the west.

John

• Like 1

You got to give the guy credit, when he took office Bill Clinton was still the POTUS, that is over 18 years ago now. Clinton, Bush, Obama and Trump, that is four Presidents during his time in office

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

Actually in times past I wished he was ours for his strength and decisively firm leadership. The Russian people are a strong people who have suffered much in history. I feel the Democracies really missed the boat in the last three decades failing to work aggressively to friend that country.

Having said that we must not forget the millions of Russian citizens murdered by their own government during the Stalanist purges.

Vic green

Other thing about Russian Leaders, they don't lose elections, they are overthrown by their people. He has lasted over 18 years by not being overthrown by his people, I predict he will be around for a few more POTUS' to come

Matthew Kane

8 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Actually in times past I wished he was ours for his strength and decisively firm leadership. The Russian people are a strong people who have suffered much in history. I feel the Democracies really missed the boat in the last three decades failing to work aggressively to friend that country.

Having said that we must not forget the millions of Russian citizens murdered by their own government during the Stalanist purges.

One must remember Stalin, a great book "American in the Gulag", by Alexander Dolgun now passed on, gave insight into Stalin's paranoia probably brought on by the mysterious circumstances that Russian leaders and potential Russian leaders fell under.  Gorbachev was the first Russian leader to get away from that mind set, and I wish his providence would come back to this world and heal US/Russia/Chinese relations.  He saw the mixing of economies as fruitful for all of us, for trade gives nations the will to live and let others live.  I do not like the trade wars the US is launching, unless they are meant to teach our trading partners manners in the marketplace.  It is only with manners that we can move towards peace regardless of our race, creed or color, or work experience and life experience.

John

Okay folks, this topic has strayed rather far from the subject, which I dare to remind everyone is flight attendants, not world leaders.

Get back on topic before I'm forced to lock the thread! :rolleyes:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I agree with Bill!  The picture was just a counterpoint to the gorgeous young ladies in the Aeroflot commercial.  My intention was not to start a political discussion.  So....back on track, please.

Picture removed to restore normalcy

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I remember the movie "Catch me if you can" which glorified the dawn of the jet age stewardesses.  I find they are still more common than male stewards, although they have been trained to be just as charming and kind and humorous to their passengers, especially on Southwest.

John