Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Using Pro ATC X

Recommended Posts

Hi

I'm thinking of using this as I bought it but haven't thought about compatibility. Will the flight plans it can create be compatible with 3rd party aircraft to use in IFR? also, does it use Navigraph? I subscribe to that and am currently up to date. 

Thanks, Gaz 


How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Gaz,

Hope your feeling well?

Anyway...Yes it can and does need updating with Navigraph. I only fly what you see in my sig at the moment, it does do flight plans for the PMDG NG & 777, not the 747 but am sure the plans for the NG/777 would work if I choose to do so. I know you have the As Bus and I don't think it does plans for that but i could be wrong.

I use PFPX for all flight planning its fantastic for IRF. Then I just copy the route into PROATC. A lot of people use the free web site simbrief. Have a look there as it's free.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

 Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Share this post


Link to post

The flight plans in PATC are some times OK and sometimes not. Much better to use a real flight planner like SimBrief. Simbrief is free, has just about everything that PFPX has, and the downloader will load up just about every popular aircraft GPS or FMC


 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,   PMDG DC6 ,PMDG 737-600-800 , Fenix A320, A2A Comanche,   Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC ,  Kodiak

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The flight plans in PATC are some times OK and sometimes not. Much better to use a real flight planner like SimBrief. Simbrief is free, has just about everything that PFPX has, and the downloader will load up just about every popular aircraft GPS or FMC

Thanks for that. Yeah, I love using Simbrief myself, and it exports the plans to the 3rd party aircraft I use, but there is nowhere in Simbrief saying it exports the plans to ProATC... I can see that Proatc can import a plan, but I don't know where from...? 


How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Thanks for that. Yeah, I love using Simbrief myself, and it exports the plans to the 3rd party aircraft I use, but there is nowhere in Simbrief saying it exports the plans to ProATC... I can see that Proatc can import a plan, but I don't know where from...? 

You can just copy and paste it into PATC from Simbrief, minus the sids and stars. 


 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,   PMDG DC6 ,PMDG 737-600-800 , Fenix A320, A2A Comanche,   Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC ,  Kodiak

 

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, I think I can see what you mean. I'll check it out. 

42 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Hope your feeling well?

Hi mate, sorry, I didn't see this post when you put it there! I'm ok at the moment, just trying to get somewhere with the Airbus Pro, like you say. From what you've said, I'm guessing that the best thing for me to do is use Simbrief (like I do now), export the plan into the Airbus format, but copy & paste it into PROATC? That should fix it. 

  • Like 1

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

You can just copy and paste it into PATC from Simbrief, minus the sids and stars. 

Hi mate

I thought someone had told me that before, so I have just tried what you suggested.

Using Simbrief, I create the following full flight plan:
EGNT/07 GIRL1T GIRLI UP18 POL DCT MCT DCT LISTO UL612 HON UN859 KIDLI WILO3B EGKK/08R

The flight without the SIDS and STARS is (I believe) :
GIRLI UP18 POL DCT MCT DCT LISTO UL612 HON UN859 KIDLI 

Can you tell me if I've removed the wrong items from the list, because when I import it into ProATCX I get this message, saying that it's an unexpected flight plan format! I've tried both of the above actually, and both give me the same error. 

Gaz


How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

You can just copy and paste it into PATC from Simbrief, minus the sids and stars

Actually, I had to remove the runways, and then it works!

EGNT DCT GIRLI UP18 POL DCT MCT DCT LISTO UL612 HON UN859 KIDLI EGKK

Thanks for letting me know about this, anyway. Great stuff. I just have to learn the rest!

Gaz


How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Actually, I had to remove the runways, and then it works!

EGNT DCT GIRLI UP18 POL DCT MCT DCT LISTO UL612 HON UN859 KIDLI EGKK

Thanks for letting me know about this, anyway. Great stuff. I just have to learn the rest!

Gaz

When you make your flight plan in simbrief, just copy the "routing" on the main page.  Looks like this     " DCT TNT N57 POL UN601 RIBEL DCT PFS30 DCT" 

I you see a Sid at the beginning of the routing or a star at the end, cut and pasted them into the remarks above the routing square. Then in the remarks square you can add if it is a sid and or star for future reference, although with PATC you don't really need that because PATC assigns the one they want you to use.

.Sids and stars usually have 4 or five letters and a number

example that I cut and pasted from the above FlightPlan which  was EGBB to EGPF  

 TNT6E SID
LANA2A STAR


 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,   PMDG DC6 ,PMDG 737-600-800 , Fenix A320, A2A Comanche,   Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC ,  Kodiak

 

Share this post


Link to post

I find it best to not but a SID or STAR into PROATC, as ATC will do that when asking for clearance.


David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

 Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Hi mate

I thought someone had told me that before, so I have just tried what you suggested.

Using Simbrief, I create the following full flight plan:
EGNT/07 GIRL1T GIRLI UP18 POL DCT MCT DCT LISTO UL612 HON UN859 KIDLI WILO3B EGKK/08R

The flight without the SIDS and STARS is (I believe) :
GIRLI UP18 POL DCT MCT DCT LISTO UL612 HON UN859 KIDLI 

Can you tell me if I've removed the wrong items from the list, because when I import it into ProATCX I get this message, saying that it's an unexpected flight plan format! I've tried both of the above actually, and both give me the same error. 

Gaz

That's correct. You don't need the runway numbers , just the airport codes. 


 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,   PMDG DC6 ,PMDG 737-600-800 , Fenix A320, A2A Comanche,   Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC ,  Kodiak

 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks guys - I'll look into the next step now. I need to get it touch with ProATC when my plane is ready to go!

I'll have a look at some vids.

I really appreciate your help.

Gaz


How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Hi

I'm thinking of using this as I bought it but haven't thought about compatibility. Will the flight plans it can create be compatible with 3rd party aircraft to use in IFR? also, does it use Navigraph? I subscribe to that and am currently up to date. 

Thanks, Gaz 

I set up all of my flightplans in SimBrief and use it to export the plan to any and all aircraft that I will be using the flightplan in.

You can easily import a flightplan into ProATC after saving it from SimBrief into FSX, P3D or X-Plane 11.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks mate. 


How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...