Sign in to follow this  
samisahusky

Brand new PMDG 737NXG not working

I bought the 747 and 737 for P3dv4 at the same time. downloaded and installed both. Opened Operations Center and updated both. Found liveries for both. Opened P3dv4 and loaded the 747 at default runway and it immediately asked for the registration key I got in email. Put in key and got the pop-up and 747 is alive and well. Closed P3dv4 and reopened. Selected 737 from vehicle menu and clicked ok on the default airport to load. Got no prompt for registration key. 737 loads with sound and livery I downloaded from Operations Center but the panel is dead - no click spots, no gauges or displays working, nothing. In researching this, I found that this is what it would look like for a unregistered version. I'd love to be able to register this bird so I can fly it instead of sitting in a dark flight deck listening to engines for the $90 I spend to do nothing.

In PMDG Knowledge Base, there are help files for FSX SE and P3d pointing to a SimConnect issue where the files says to navigate to select SimConnect.msi files and install them. I've done this and still nothing comes up when I load the PMDG 737.

I installed both aircraft at the same time as installing GSX. GSX and the new PMDG 747 all work flawlessly, but I connot get the 737 to ask for registration key to unlock it. At this point, I've wasted $90 since I have an unusable product.

Steven Destazio

Edited by samisahusky

Steven Destazio (DVA12924)

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

9 minutes ago, samisahusky said:

At this point, I've wasted $90 since I have an unusable product.

Sorry you're having issues. All the same this argument/point always baffles me, as it pre-supposes that nobody will be able to fix it.

The software costs a lot of money, yes, but every software has support. Why? Even $1500 software occasionally runs into situations where it'll stop working on some random computer, with some random set of circumstances.

The price of the software does not indicate its ability to be bulletproof on every system, on every computer, around the world.

----------

Now that that's out of the way...

Please uninstall the NGX entirely, and then reinstall via the installer. DO NOT run the update. Load into the sim and check for the activation prompt. Activate using your key.

Even after activating DO NOT run the update yet.

Which version of P3Dv4 are you running? 4.1, .2, or .3?

Kyle Rodgers

6 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Which version of P3Dv4 are you running? 4.1, .2, or .3?

I'm on 4.1

Currently waiting on the download of a fresh install packet to complete and then I'll reinstall. Already did a full uninstall.

Steven Destazio (At some point I need to make a signature so I don't keep forgetting to add my full name to each post)

Edited by samisahusky
Forgot to add my name to post

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

The latest update requires 4.3

you‘ll be fine with the downloaded version on 4.1.

Edited by Ephedrin

3 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

The latest update requires 4.3

The aircraft update from Operations Center or the download/install package directly from PMDG product page?

If the updates aren't required, I won't install them. I was flying the PMDG 777 for a long time not knowing there was 40 updates on it.

Steven Destazio

Edited by samisahusky

The installer from the PMDG website is up to date for 4.1 and 4.2, I think also for 4.0. if you choose to update to P3D4.3 you‘ll need the update from the OC. 

I hope your 90 dollars aren‘t wasted anymore 😉

5 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

The installer from the PMDG website is up to date for 4.1 and 4.2, I think also for 4.0. if you choose to update to P3D4.3 you‘ll need the update from the OC. 

I hope your 90 dollars aren‘t wasted anymore 😉

looked  at  the product  page   and  the ngx  is  for v1, v2  and  v4 n  so  it  should  be  up  to  date ,  since  I  recently  just  bought  it  3  weeks  ago  and  iam on p3dv4

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

About to test from the original install file without updates from OC

Kinda feel like there should be a notification if an update is only compatible with 4.3 and not 4.2 and below. On the product page, PMDG put in bold red letters that the product was only for P3D, but the same can't be done for an update that would render the aircraft unusable if said update is applied? (forgive me, I'm on 25 hours no sleep and should have been asleep hours ago so I'm a bit irritable with trivial things at the moment)

Just now, samisahusky said:

About to test from the original install file without updates from OC

Kinda feel like there should be a notification if an update is only compatible with 4.3 and not 4.2 and below. On the product page, PMDG put in bold red letters that the product was only for P3D, but the same can't be done for an update that would render the aircraft unusable if said update is applied? (forgive me, I'm on 25 hours no sleep and should have been asleep hours ago so I'm a bit irritable with trivial things at the moment)

if  you  download  from  your  account  it  should be  up  to date  with the latest update

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just now, pete_auau said:

if  you  download  from  your  account  it  should be  up  to date  with the latest update

It is not. Nor is the 747. Both immediately have updates available in the Operations Center upon install of base product from PMDG purchase links

The upcoming new Operations Center will be improved on this topic (said Kyle). The updates‘ notifications will be better and more obvious what to do (reinstall, download from website, microupdate etc)

1 minute ago, samisahusky said:

It is not. Nor is the 747. Both immediately have updates available in the Operations Center upon install of base product from PMDG purchase links

Let me clarify.

Both 747 and 737 from your account are not  on the latest available version. We avoid to update the installers in full unless there is a change that require a full installer update. To be on the latest version you need to run the updates from the operations center.

Now in order for the latest NGX version to work you need to have P3Dv4.3. Any previous version will not work. So you have 2 options or update the P3D to latest version or remain to 4.1 with the old NGX release.

Our recommendation is to update Prepar3D to latest release though.

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

install without updates is working.

I'll go with my previous comment that there should be some type of notification with the update if it will not be compatible with 3 of the 4 versions of P3Dv4 floating around. Could have saved a few hours and stress.

3 minutes ago, samisahusky said:

install without updates is working.

I'll go with my previous comment that there should be some type of notification with the update if it will not be compatible with 3 of the 4 versions of P3Dv4 floating around. Could have saved a few hours and stress.

Read two posts above 😄

three

Edited by Ephedrin