Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

GSXv1

Despite downloading the latest 1Gb update, baffled why is it when asking for a push-back for the CS737-200ADV, GSX(Not v2) keeps asking for Exit 2 to be closed when there is no Exit 2, so the pushback does not go ahead.

I thought GSX recognised popular aircraft like these?

Any ideas any GSX experts? Thanks.

13 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Despite downloading the latest 1Gb update, baffled why is it when asking for a push-back for the CS737-200ADV, GSX(Not v2) keeps asking for Exit 2 to be closed when there is no Exit 2, so the pushback does not go ahead.

I thought GSX recognised popular aircraft like these?

Any ideas any GSX experts? Thanks.

You can customise the exits, etc. And everything will continue to work.

S.

1 hour ago, simbol said:

You can customise the exits, etc. And everything will continue to work.

S.

Thank you for that. I saw that option in the drop-down menu but am not sure how to use it. When I tried opting for 'No exit etc, etc', I ended up getting the CS737-200ADV just spinning into the airport apron, which is when I gave up.

I must say, GSX is not very intuitive or well thought out for the average end user. It takes alot of reading of the manual to decipher how GSX can be made to and does work.

For the OP, with a 'internally' GSX supported plane like your CS737, you may need to put a check mark in the 'Ignore aircraft preferred exit" selection box within the "Customize airport positions" or "Customize this parking position". Then you need to setup and configure the exits how you want.

SxW0XgH.jpg

olw4l6Z.jpg

Thanks for that, heads-up VeryBumpy. Will try your tip.

7 hours ago, vc10man said:

Thank you for that. I saw that option in the drop-down menu but am not sure how to use it. When I tried opting for 'No exit etc, etc', I ended up getting the CS737-200ADV just spinning into the airport apron, which is when I gave up.

That's because your joystick (or joysticks) is not properly calibrated in the null zone and since by default the sim has the joystick axes active while in Slew mode, if your null zone is not set correctly, the airplane will go berserk.

This is fixed by calibrating the joystick and set the null zone correctly, but real fix is going inside the Controls, and remove all joystick Axes assigned to Slew events.

We must use Slew mode when editing the airplane or the parking, otherwise we won't have access to the various keys required to edit, and the configured airplane would be affected by the airplane payload (which affects the height on ground) which was current when you configured the airplane, so it won't work with another payload. Instead, in Slew mode, the plane will always stay on its static_cg, so its position is predictable and usable for an universal configuration.

Edited by virtuali

Thanks for that enlightening piece of help, Umberto. Will give it a go and see how it progresses.

On 9/15/2018 at 1:59 PM, VeryBumpy said:

I must say, GSX is not very intuitive or well thought out for the average end user. It takes alot of reading of the manual to decipher how GSX can be made to and does work.

For the OP, with a 'internally' GSX supported plane like your CS737, you may need to put a check mark in the 'Ignore aircraft preferred exit" selection box within the "Customize airport positions" or "Customize this parking position". Then you need to setup and configure the exits how you want.

olw4l6Z.jpg

Hi,

I have some aircrafts with the same back door access (Maddog, Coolsky DC-9 and so...).

How do you configure these aircraft? Is it possible to do this with GSX or is the model itself not designed for this purpose?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

3 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Hi,

I have some aircrafts with the same back door access (Maddog, Coolsky DC-9 and so...).

How do you configure these aircraft? Is it possible to do this with GSX or is the model itself not designed for this purpose?

Thank you and Regards,

If you haven't already, I suggest you download and try the demo. It is fully functional at only a few select airports to test out; you can read the manual that way too.

The basic gist is you enter an editing mode within the GSX menus and use the Slew keys to configure various locations on the aircraft, including start and stop locations of built-in aircraft stair cases.

2 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

If you haven't already, I suggest you download and try the demo. It is fully functional at only a few select airports to test out; you can read the manual that way too.

The basic gist is you enter an editing mode within the GSX menus and use the Slew keys to configure various locations on the aircraft, including start and stop locations of built-in aircraft stair cases.

I should have been more specific. I use GSX since few years now, my question only concerns planes with the back door (as in the picture). The Maddog and the Coolsky DC-9 have also the same back door. With these planes in the aircraft editor I don't any option that corresponds to this type of exit. But I see on your picture that Gsx seems to take this type of door into account (I don't understand where), hence my initial question...

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|