Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

UK2000 airports

You appear to have posted that message in the GLASGOW part of the forum by mistake, Gary! I will try to get it moved to the correct location.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am completely stuffed with this problem. I did the flight again, and when I landed they did give me a gate, so maybe your solution was good. I will give it another go - thanks for that..

I did get another problem with GSX however , take a look here , it seemed to want to show that there was an aircraft there. It was there and I had to drive through it before I docked.

It really is confusing to me. I'll keep trying! I appreciate your help on this.

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Keep in mind that you still have your UTL traffic % quite high. 76% means 76% of what UTL has in it's schedules and not 76% of what' is available at each airport. Try adjusting it to something lower that leaves a few more gates available. Also seeing in your screenshots that you have ai parked all over the place, did you use the airline specific parking when installing EGKK? 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

The reason I asked you to remove the "BAE" code from your aircraft.cfg file is because I suspect that the software is trying to find a parking spot with the BAE code, which it will be unable to do. I don't know what other guys do when flying for specific airlines, but I keep my own "atc_parking_codes" statement empty, so that I am certain of being directed to any gate or ramp parking spot that is available. I only fly the PMDG House colours, so parking at gates that are used by specific airlines is irrelevant to me.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

56 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I don't know what other guys do when flying for specific airlines, but I keep my own "atc_parking_codes" statement empty, so that I am certain of being directed to any gate or ramp parking spot that is available.

Pretty sure it doesn't make a difference. GSX uses those codes in selecting a Ground Service provider. I've just taxied in at YVR with a Eurowings Airbus. Every gate has a specific range of airline assignments and GSX still shows every gate available to use.

I assume that you mean that your Eurowings Airbus has the Eurowings code included in the "atc_parking_codes" statement? I know that AI planes park at other gates/ramps if there are none left with their specific airline code assignments, but I wasn't sure if that was the same for user aircraft and/or GSX.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

41 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I assume that you mean that your Eurowings Airbus has the Eurowings code included in the "atc_parking_codes" statement?

Yes sorry that is correct and of course, I don't have any parking spots at my YVR for Eurowings (would be nice though). GSX uses those codes only for Ground service operators whereas AI use it for parking selection.

9 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Keep in mind that you still have your UTL traffic % quite high. 76% means 76% of what UTL has in it's schedules and not 76% of what' is available at each airport. Try adjusting it to something lower that leaves a few more gates available. Also seeing in your screenshots that you have ai parked all over the place, did you use the airline specific parking when installing EGKK? 

I didn't know about the % figure. I usually keep it at 100% except for that last test. I'll try lowing it again. 

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook