Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

UK2000 airports

Hi

I'm sorry about posting here, but I can't find a place on their site where I can post (http://www.uk2000scenery.com). 

I bought one of my favourite airports from there, but can't land and find a place a park. P3d does not give me an option to park when I'm off the runway - it just suggests a takeoff. It's odd because I can visually see empty gates, it's just doesn't want to assign them to me. 

Is there anyone else got this problem? Does anyone know how to contact the developer? I would appreciate it. 

Thanks, Gaz

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Edited title from website address

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

1 hour ago, Gary McCluskey said:

but I can't find a place on their site where I can post (http://www.uk2000scenery.com). 

Upper left corner - button labelled Forum ?

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I am guessing that you are using P3D v4, Gary? Which airport are you referring to? If you have other UK2000 airports installed, do they all work properly?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I am guessing that you are using P3D v4, Gary? Which airport are you referring to? If you have other UK2000 airports installed, do they all work properly?

Hiya - thanks for getting back to me. You're right about the P3D version. I have plenty of other UK2000 airports, but they don't seem to get full, like Gatwick does. Its so full it doesn't want to allow a parking space even though I can see them. 

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

The only reason I can think of for this is that you are arriving in a very large airliner, and there are no gates available that are large enough to accommodate it. I assume that you have a LOT of AI planes at the airport? Do you build your own custom AI schedules (with freeware plane models and repaints), or do you use a payware package? I know that MyTraffic can produce rather too many AI planes if it is allowed to.....

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

LOT of AI planes

Yeah, that is my thoughts as well. In fact, I have just done the flight again during the day, and Gatwick appears to be less busy, so it did assign me a gate. 

I use Ultimate Traffic live for the AI planes, and obviously they may be causing the problems... 

Thanks for getting back to me - I thought the same thing!  Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

What % do you run your UTL?  

I find that at 60%, most airports are pretty full.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

First thing I wonder is what aircraft you are flying in there?  The Uk2K EGKK has parking large enough for up to 6 B748, as well as another 6 aircraft up to B744 and B77W, then 16-18 other spots large enough for B772-A330-A340.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

That's what puzzles me, Dave. I have arrived at UK2000 Gatwick in the PMDG 747-400 and 777-200LR, but I have never had a problem with gate allocation.......and I have a LOT of AI planes operating from that airport.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I assume that you have a LOT of AI planes

Hiya. Yeah, I have to admit that UTL is set to full traffic, but not the small aircraft.

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

First thing I wonder is what aircraft you are flying in there

Is actually the new Aerosoft Airbus A320 Professional, its not down as a Heavy. 

I just don't understand why it doesn't assign me a gate when I can see some empty... 

Gaz on Facebook

That is pretty odd, do you have GSX? If so can you look and see what airport file it is using from the GSX Customize Airport position option? Just want to make sure the sim is using the correct airport file.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I understand because I had I similar problem with GSX and UK2000 Newcastle scenery, but it was easily fixed. 

I'll try and raise it as a problem with UK2000 I think. 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Does GSX "take control" of gate options if you have it installed (as opposed to the software checking the AFD file for suitable parking spots)?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have to admit, I don't know. I assumed that if there is a registered free P3Dv4 gate, then gsx would recognise it and take you there. 

Gaz on Facebook

12 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Does GSX "take control" of gate options

I've just done a flight, and in in UTLive I had settings to say that the airline density should be less that what it is in this screenshot, but actually, it didn't matter - the airport was packed and didn't assign me a gate again.

I guess the simple problem is that I want more gates available in GSX than there is in P3D. They are visible in P3D - so why aren't they available to be assigned to me?

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook