Sign in to follow this  
acamp04

747-8 ntdll.dll Crash

Still getting ntdll.dll-generated CTDs at FT's YSSY despite unticking the LandClass option in the Scenery Library.

Was plagued by this error for the first time yesterday using -8F doing polar ops from LUX-LAX. It so happened to crash 6.2hrs into the flt. Did some digging on forums, seems others pinned it to Coult...idk. However, others noted after using pushing back to either restart coult or completely KILL it. I didnt choose the latter as it would mean me flying into a non existent KLAX as i have Fsdt Klax which needs coult to work properly. What i did was restart Coult after gsx pushback, restarted it again before takeoff(just to be sure), the disabled it in p3d menu along with coult updater.   Gsx issued an update to disable above 250-10k ft but still got the error yesterday so i manually disabled it myself. Seems im finally able to make the westbound crossing..fingers cross no crash thus far. I just have to remember to reenable gsx before descent as im currently enroute. Just hopes this doesn't screw with me when  reenabling.

15 hours ago, vc10man said:

Still getting ntdll.dll-generated CTDs at FT's YSSY despite unticking the LandClass option in the Scenery Library.

Has Sydney got an update like Vienna for v4 or is it still on the old version tricked to work?

I think Martin (FlyTampa) can help better on this... 

Thanks Marc, but the installer I got from FT did state v4 version.

FT's Athens and Vienna do not have LC installed in the P3Dv4#s Scenery Library as does YSSY.

Have posted a question in FT.

My earlier comment regarding FlyTampa landclass was taken out of context.  I disabled it to be compatible with Orbx scenery, when when used together was rendering night textures in blocks during the day.  It had nothing to do with ntdll errors.  I only mentioned that I had done that to indicate that otherwise I've no problems with FlyTampa Sydney.  I don't think the problem has anything to do with the scenery.

With ntdll errors first suspect is an out of date addon such as the couatl.dll, make sure you have run FSDT Updater in the past two days.  They just came out with a series of updates beginning a couple of months ago, one of which was specifically targeted to avoid ntdll errors.

Dan Downs KCRP

I just got an ntdll.dll error. Even with the latest FSDT Updater being run. Like RSR said above, all that stuff that runs with FSDT products.....oy vey! I am going to have to restart coualt every single time after I get done with pushback and GSX. Even with the 250/10k update I still see them on occasion. 

Eric 

I had 2 CTDs, in 2 flights from several, with 747-8. Once with ntdll, second time, no error, just CTD during setting a restriction in the fpln. Both times was CTD during FMGS operation.

Second time, after 7 hours of flight and on VATSIM... 😞 

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD