Sign in to follow this  
acamp04

747-8 ntdll.dll Crash

I am now also having a CTD, except mine is the KERNALBASE.dll and its with FSX.

This happens only after a minute of loading the Aircraft and the only changes I have made to FSX are updating the 744 and installing the 748.

Any help would be appreciated

Jimmy Nestor

Well, GSX sounds familiar as it‘s FSDT. I had ntdll crashes almost every second flight, mostly with the PMDG 777 until I killed all my scenery systematically by developers and found it was the FSDT JFKv2 scenery that caused my issues. I wasn’t even close to the USA when it happended. Also I noticed that my „water textures on terrain“ on the Hawaiian islands vanished after I ditched KJFK. 

PHNL, KCLT and GSX make no trouble on my system though.

Edited by Ephedrin

Gents,

Our experience in chasing CTD reports during beta testing of the 747-400 and 747-8 correlate the idea put forth by Marc.

We found that many of our beta testers magically ceased seeing CTDs that were simply untraceable through our debugging efforts when they removed certain combinations of COUATL/BGLMANX protected products.  The JFK scenery figured prominently in the statistical results.

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

1 minute ago, xTiMm_ said:

...so I ask for a PMDG JFK Scenery to replace the old FSDT one 😄 

The one from DD is more accurate nowadays anyways. Use that one. He has some new taxiways in it that the FSDT one doesn't and the old Terminal 3 is gone. Terminal 4 has been updated as well. 

• Like 1

Eric 

I have removed JFK v2 and disabled couatl engine from the EXE XML and am still getting the same crash. Should I uninstall my COUATL/BGLMANX addons altogether or is it just JFK?

Jimmy Nestor

I just go a terrain.dll CTD tonight.  Second time I've CTD since installing 748.  I have updated the display drivers, that's the only thing I changed prior to installing the new bird.  I don't have FSDTs JFK.  I highly doubt it's PMDG, but since we're on the thread, I thought I'd mention it.  It's very strange because P3D rarely CTDs for me.  I have so many add-ons that it would be impossible to track it down...lol  Happens about 2+ hours in to flight.  This one happened in the vicinity of Saginaw, MI.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Still experiencing the same crash. Its only with the 747-8. The 400 is fine so I can only assume the problem lies with pmdg and not another developer. i hope this will be resolved soon.

Jimmy Nestor

I just got an NTDLL in the -8 flying over the North Sea from EDDF-KSFO. But honestly, I get them maybe one out of every ten flights, and it's been happening for at least 2 years. I just take it as something that will inevitably happen since Lockheed and no third party devs (except Umberto at FSDT, who added something to turn off GSX at 250k/10,000 feet) will acknowledge that there's a 30+ page thread on AVSIM and other places about these crashes that all follow a similar pattern.  It's always with PMDG products, but because those are the only airplanes I bother flying on the long haul routes where the crashes happen, I have no idea if it's a conflict with PMDG. 

Alex Pugh

Seeing an ntdl.dll CTD first time, after I just installed Fly Tampa's Sydney(YSSY).

Anyone else getting it at that particular FT airport? Default P3D airports yesterday, had a perfect non-CTD start to finish.

Happens after the FMC, ACARS, etc bit is completed, and then calling for the GSX services.

Something called BEX64 seems to be the problem as soon as I go to exterior view at FT's YSSY.

It's definitely not a PMDG 747-400 error, as I have just tried the same aircraft, same livery, at a standard P3D default airport, same routine, loading CSX there too, and no ntd.dll CTD. So, it has to be something to do with the Fly Tampa scenery at YSSY or a combination with GSX there..

Going to try Vienna later to verify this CTD happens there too.

Edited by vc10man

4 hours ago, vc10man said:

Something called BEX64 seems to be the problem

That is just shorthand for a buffer overflow exception.   I often fly in and out of FlyTampa's YSSY and I also use GSX with it and the surrounding scenery is all Orbx.  I found I had to turn off the FlyTampa landclass to work with Orbx.  Otherwise, I've never had a problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

It's odd, how I got an ntdll.dll CTD at FT's Sydney repeatedly every time I ventured outside the plane, but not at FT's Vienna v2. Flew a BA livery, same aircraft, P3D v4.3, GSX+AS, etc and it all went ticket y-boo C+D start to landing elsewhere. No Orbx anywhere being used,