Sign in to follow this  
Chock

DA62

L4Ixxm1.png

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I like it. I know Carenado get slagged off a bit, but I think it's quite a nice thing.

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, Chock said:

I like it. I know Carenado get slagged off a bit, but I think it's quite a nice thing.

To which extent the G1000 is simulated?. Does it allow the import of P3D flightplans?. How good the FPS are?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Alan and all,

I think I may wait for the Vertx version of this.  Bert Pieke apparently loves it and I think we can safely bet that it will feature a/his mod for the F1GTN.

Personally, I am hoping it is up there in the quality rankings with the RealAir Duke Turbine and that aircraft is aeons ahead of anything Carenado. This is a personal belief and not to be taken in an inflammatory way. None the less, though, a very, very pretty aircraft.

My only problem is waiting but a recommendation from Bert is pretty well paramount in choice of aircraft for me.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

To which extent the G1000 is simulated?. Does it allow the import of P3D flightplans?. How good the FPS are?.

Cheers, Ed

The G1000 is of course the included Carenado one, so it isn't massively functional. The DA62 comes with a total of seven PDF manuals, and of these, two are related to the included G1000; one for the PFD functions and one for the GPS/Map unit, these being 7 pages long and 25 pages long.

It does do a fair bit, but is essentially something which is slightly more functional than the default flight sim GPS unit. It will handle departure/arrival procedures, so that's good, but it ain't like a real fully functional G1000. On the plus side of that, it won't exactly take you forever to read its avionics manuals, and the mouse hotspots for the GUI functionality it does have, are pretty good and not hard/clumsy to use, which is not always the case for some mouse-driven avionics buttons, even on fancy add-ons, as anyone who has ever used the one in the PMDG DC-6 will know.

Considering the thing only costs about 25 quid, it's a fairly reasonable panel you get. You just have to accept that at this price point, there is no way they'd be including a fully functional replication of a G1000 avionics unit, for example, you can't switch from a 'North Up' view to an Aircraft Heading orientation, it's stuck on North Up as the only choice for map orientation. Yet it does have things such as TCAS with audio alerts and it is a very readable display.

It won't load a flight plan, nor will it read the default P3D flight plan you have loaded, which is annoying, but it will let you input a plan manually, so whilst that is a slight faff, it's not terrible. As noted, it can fly procedures and a decent flight plan shouldn't have too many waypoints for an aircraft which has a maximum range of less than 1,300 miles, and considerably less than that if heavily loaded, so on the whole it's alright in terms of the avionics. The PFD part of the avionics will display the synthetic vision system similar to the one which was debuted in that Carenado Cessna a while back, providing you are subscribed to it. So it does have one or two fancy tricks up its sleeve if you want to fly socked in IFR through mountainous terrain.

Frame rates are pretty good for the thing although, since there are some 'lite' versions included with the package too, FPS is unlikely to be an issue for pretty much any half decent computer. Paint jobs are okay, but I'd prefer a few more varied colour schemes. On the whole I think it's quite a lot of bang for the bucks, since as noted, it is only 25 quid, and that won't even get you a night in the pub these days.

XJrnExU.png

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury