Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

UTLive, GSX or P3D traffic problems ?

Hi

I've been frustrated with other AI traffic lately. I normally only use UTLive, and I still am, but for some reason it's doing some odd things.  One of them is creating an aircraft at your gate when you've been pushed back! It just appears out of nowhere! Anyway - I have said in another topic, there are are some airports (mainly Gatwick) where I land and there is no space for me to park?? So - space problems 😞 

The reason I think P3D might be the problem is because it doesn't let me park, the standard AI traffic windows doesn't give me option to park - only to take off.  This suggests to me that the problem happens in P3D telling either UTLive or GSX that there are no free spaces.

Any idea why the three programs don't seem to recognise each other, and space the aircraft out properly? 

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Also, look for trafficAircraft.bgl in the ...Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery folder. This is the default P3D traffic file with fictional airlines. Rename it to trafficAircraft.bgl.off if not already.
I set my UTLive to 50 to 60%.

Edited by Bills511

You are using GSX to assign your parking or default ATC? What airport file is GSX reading at EGKK? (Can check with GSX customize airport options and it will tell you) As mentioned before, it seems that your traffic % is simply too high but also that you may have a conflicting airport file. GSX will still show you what gates are on the airport even if they are occupied. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Can you provide a top down screenshot of (for example) UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme when you are not allocated a parking spot after landing? It should be pretty easy to determine if suitable parking spots are available or not. I do not use GSX or any software of that kind, and I never have a problem being assigned a gate parking spot at Gatwick (even in a 747 or 777), and I regularly have well over one hundred AI planes parked at the airport early in the morning.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I forgot to put in the picture where it GSX is showing me a parking spacing sometimes - even though something is all thready = https://photos.app.goo.gl/nufJBzeCjUjTrVCP8

If I discount GSX (which makes sense), then why why did P3D not give me an option for gates or parking (only taking off) - even there is space for parking (I could see it!)?  Is there something I can do with the aircraft to say it can be parked anywhere, as long as the gate is empty?

Gaz

Edited by Gary McCluskey

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

The airport file that you have for EGKK while it may show spots as vacant, they might be too small for your aircraft. It all depends on that file, that is why I keep asking about which one you are using.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

In short.....if you are using UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme with the "Airline Codes" option (no static aircraft), then you really should not have any problems whatsoever with respect to parking spots. That's why I asked if GSX does something different with respect to gate allocations. I do not use it, so I do not know if it overrides the normal way that P3D selects parking spots.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Can you provide a top down screenshot of (for example) UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme when you are not allocated a parking spot after landing

I'll give it a go. It's really odd because sometimes I am given a slot, and sometimes I'm not - so it may take me a few flights!

14 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

In short.....if you are using UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme with the "Airline Codes" option (no static aircraft), then you really should not have any problems whatsoever with respect to parking spots

I think I understand. So basically, it can assign me an easyJet gate rather than a BA gate because I haven't told it what airline I'm flying. Again, I'll remove that from the aircraft.cfg file. Is that right?

I have to admit, I'm finding it difficult to believe that GSX is the problem. There was an instance where I landed, P3D didn't give me an option to go to parking, but GSX did. I was shocked because I thought both systems spoke to each other about what gate was empty and what wasn't, but in that case it wasn't true. Therefore, I told GSX to use a follow-me truck to take me to the 'empty' gate, which it did, but when I got there, a UTLive aircraft was standing at the gate (GSX was ignoring it).

I often get the situation where UTLive aircraft ignore me and I can just float through them like they're not on the ground!

15 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

The airport file that you have for EGKK while it may show spots as vacant, they might be too small for your aircraft. It all depends on that file, that is why I keep asking about which one you are using

Yeah, one of the vacant spots is in this screenshot, and it appears to be for a small aircraft (L140) - it was vacant, but ATC wouldn't assign it to me. I was in an A320 at the time - maybe that is that problem for that spot, although a GSX A320 was at the spot next to it and that is also down as a Small Gate.

I'm going to give a few more flights a go to see if there is a common problem.

Gaz on Facebook

4 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

although a GSX A320 was at the spot next to it and that is also down as a Small Gate.

?? We don't have airplanes in GSX...maybe you mean an UT Live A320 ?

I notice from the screenshot that you are using the EGKK_AFX_UK2xGEN.bgl file. That is the Static Aircraft option, which means that quite a few gates that would otherwise would be available are not because they are occupied by static aircraft models. If you are using an AI package like UTLive, I would strongly recommend using the EGKK_AFX_UK2xTRM.bgl file (which is the Airline Codes option). This opens up ALL of the gates to AI (and user) aircraft. Just run the OPTIONS utility in the UK2000 Scenery/UK2000 Gatwick Xtreme folder, and make the appropriate selection.

With respect to your aircraft.cfg file, I am still puzzled why ATC would not offer you an alternative gate, even if you have a specific code added to the "atc_parking_codes" statement. This is what happens with AI planes, so I would have expected it to be the same for user controlled aircraft....

Can you also check the "wingspan" of your A320 as defined in the aircraft.cfg file?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Let's go back to basics here, if your AI traffic is too high you will experience problems like on your first post, it will also limit the amount of free space to park your aircraft and other traffic, they will spam so fast that things just go out of control.

So what is your current AI traffic level under UTL?

Regards,

Simbol 

Yes, the issue of AI planes suddenly appearing in the parking spot that you are vacating is a strong indication that all available slots are filled, and there are AI planes "waiting in the twilight zone" for a parking spot to "open up".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

At the airports I frequent most, I edit the airport (ADE/AFX aka AFCAD) file to reserve a dedicated parking spot for me--done by reducing the radius on the reserved parking spot to 5.0m using the editor, compiling the ADE and then disabling and replacing the original one with my modded version.  Then I use GSX to customize the same spot, redefining the size in GSX so that it will allow an aircraft of the appropriate size to park there.  The AI won't use the spot, because it uses the ADE data, and GSX will happily let me park there...and there will never be another acft on the spot, or an AI acft spawning almost on top of me at p/b.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

UTLive set to 100% it ends there. 

Try 30%

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip