Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Windows 10 October update. Ver. 1809

If you are a hardware manufacturer officially partnered with Microsoft under their partner program and manufacture PCs in large quantities, say 500+ units a year, then bulk Windows keys are available for multiple installations via the MSDN AND Technet programs (which cost you the manufacturer $1000s per year to subscribe to). These keys are not transferable and certainly not for resale. Of course not all employees are loyal to their companies especially in some parts of the world and they may 'mislay' some of these keys. The keys all work of course and the 'unwitting' end buyers are not so much criminals but more like the guy in the bar who bought an new iPhone X for $50 from the other guy in the bar. The people who actually sell these keys if traced would be of more interest to certain federal agencies. I think that pretty much covers it! 

🙂

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I'm not trying to defend CDKeys, but the site has been going for MANY years. In the litigious society In which we live, you'd have thought that someone would have taken legal action against them by now if they were actually doing something against the law.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm all for saving money. But it is interesting to me that we spend large amounts on hardware. We put together specific combinations that we are very particular about..Then try and find the cheapest way to get software for it. We complain that MS is too invasive, too expensive, too controlling, and doesn't care about users. 

Seems to me that if someone is concerned about the legitimacy of some site, that is a red flag for me. Sure, it might be fine, and that's great. I upgraded computers I had to W10 when it was free. I did re installs on some ( to get rid of manufacturer stuff)  with the MS ISO. 

For me, it's not worth the worry of trying to circumvent too many things. Get what you need and learn how work with it, not against it. 

Or get a mac, talk about locked down and controlling.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.