Sign in to follow this  
caleb1

Copying FSR Files From One PC to Another

I posted this in the Prepar3D forum but I don't seem to be getting any responses there, so will post it here because I believe more people read this forum:

Does anyone know if it is possible to copy FSR recording files from a sim on one computer (I.E. Prepar3D v4) to the same version of the sim (I.E. Also Prepar3D v4) on another computer and have it be able to playback on the second computer?  I don't have multiple computers with P3D v4 on it so I can't test it myself.

Thanks

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

If by FSR, you're referring to FS Recorder files, as long as you have the same aircraft on both computers with the same title, it should be safe to just copy and paste the files, then run FS Recorder and replay it. Having the same scenery on both computers also helps, too.

• Like 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

FSRecorder doesn't work with P3Dv4.

On 10/7/2018 at 2:13 PM, Captain Kevin said:

If by FSR, you're referring to FS Recorder files, as long as you have the same aircraft on both computers with the same title, it should be safe to just copy and paste the files, then run FS Recorder and replay it. Having the same scenery on both computers also helps, too.

Yes.  I want to be 100% sure it will work before I try though.  I am planning on uploading these files for the public to install into their sims and watch, but I have no way of testing it myself...

On 10/7/2018 at 2:40 PM, J35OE said:

FSRecorder doesn't work with P3Dv4.

Sorry if I caused any confusion, but I don't mean from the software FSRecorder, but recorded from the Simulator's built in recording feature.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

On 10/20/2018 at 3:43 PM, caleb1 said:

Yes.  I want to be 100% sure it will work before I try though.  I am planning on uploading these files for the public to install into their sims and watch, but I have no way of testing it myself...

Sorry if I caused any confusion, but I don't mean from the software FSRecorder, but recorded from the Simulator's built in recording feature.

That I can't help you with, I thought you were asking about FS Recorder.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Yes, you can share.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10