Sign in to follow this  
jfriz

Hot brakes after landing

Hi Folks,

Flying the 747-4, or -8, I get brakes overheat warning, even if I don't use the auto-brakes, or, even light manual braking. Usually, resulting in not able to taxi. I do have Saitek rudder pedals, but am careful with the brakes. Not a problem with other aircraft.

Ideas?

Jerry Friz

if you checked the subforums you would have seen this is already a discussion.

Use autobrake every landing.  Use it until aircraft is below 40 kts, then manually apply light braking as required.  You can run some tests yourself:  Put the GEAR synoptic on the MFD before landing, then land with autobraking and watch the temps, go ahead at hit pause before you disable autobraking and note temps.  Now unpause and brake to taxi speed and again note your temperatures.  This will help you understand where the heat is coming from.

• Like 2

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi All,

I think I have found my problem. My rudder pedals are over 15 years old, both springs are broken.  I have ordered a new set.

Jerry Friz

• Upvote 1