Sign in to follow this  
Guest bennyboy

Captainsim 757 capabilities...so far

I'm thinking about buying the CS 757, however I want to know the capabilities of the autopilot (so far): i.e. what are the capabilities of the autopilot during a bad-weather landing? etc etc etc Plus, what can the autopilot do for climbout, cruise, descent, etc? And what about the FMC capabilities? And lastly, would any of the current owners recommend it? (I know there is a Block F which will give a fully functional FMC)Thanks,Mike

all i can say right now is with the was the CS757 is at this point, save your money for the PSS or LDS 757.

I'd say you should wait too. Things coming from CS aren't ready until they're ready, and their estimations aren't exactly precise ;-).The quality of some of their finished products, the Herc comes to mind, are excellent, so the 757 may be a good one when it's finished. I bought it, but never use it because of the missing last block. If you chose to wait, you will be able to compare LDS, PSS and CS up agains each other and chose one of your liking. I didn't wait, my fault alright, but I feel kinda stuck ...Eagle

"The quality of some of their finished products, the Herc comes to mind"Actually the Herc is the only CS product worth buying at this point. CS refuses to update products like the 727 and 707 leaving many customers hanging... I don't know too much about the fighters they sell but the airliners could use allot of work FDE wise...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest AOA

HiWait on LDS,you`ll be happy you did.Pete

And the Herc could use some final touches. Such as matching the 2d and VC views concerning switch positions and stuff mounted in the cockpit. They seem to have an exceptional eye for detail in some areas while ignoring obvious errors in others. Their customer service is not competitive with PSS or LDS or PMDG or Dream Fleet or Flight1 etc. I would wait for a better product from LDS or PSS.Bob...

Boy heres a great idea, lets buy parts of an add-on from a company well known for not finishing any of their products. Caveat emptor. :-roll

>Caveat emptorI knew this expression would show up sooner or later from the moment I saw the subject. It always does.CS have given me loads of fun, Zipper, 727, Mig 21 and Yak-3 in addition to the best Herk available. One just have to ajust to the fact that these guys needs time. I believe the 757 can end up a nice add-on, lots of people likes it as it is ...Eagle

>Hi>>Wait on LDS,you`ll be happy you did.>>PeteAny news on the LDS 757 ? Carlos

Guest rpjkw1155

I have the CS 757 Block A, no longer available, that I'm very happy with. I've made several mods to suit, swapped out the sound file and panel.To be honest, however, it's not much better than POSKY's 757s. I think the final block, 'F' I think, will be the time to buy. Until that time freeware is just as good.Bob

Guest PalmerFan4Life

I wouldn't bother it's not that they make bad products it's just there tech support is pretty whats the word im looking for "crappy".In October of 2005 i purchased the Legendery 707 which at the time was my favorite add-on for FS2004... Well 3 months later i had an issue with my computer which required me to reformat my hard drive well i get my that fixed but i could no longer install the 707. So i e-mail captainsims tech support and guess what it's been close to a year and still no reply from them.

I'm still waiting for their "PROMISED" B767????Did it crash?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest OneTinSoldier

I have to echo the sentiments of most others here. Wait on the CS 757 until it's done. That is of course 'if' it gets done. Here's what I had to do to get the product to an enjoyable level...Merge the POSKY 757 FDE v8.3 into it.Current FMC? It's crap. It caused such a huge frame rate hit on my system I had to comment out all references to it(fmc and cdu) in the panel.cfg file. I hear it's buggy and can cause the sim to crash too. At this point I have to wonder how buggy and performance hungry the Block F FMC will be.With that done to it I can enjoy it in the 2D Panel Only mode(pretty good framrates). The 2D Panel is very nice looking, no doubts there. The model is also great looking and the animations are very nice. With the POSKY 757 FDE merged into it flies and looks good. In the end, with no FMC, it's a great looking simplistic aircraft. Especially true without giving it some good flight dynamics(fde).The VC has 4 sections in the panel.cfg file. With the 2D panel and VC it's too much for my system, perhaps not for people with higher end systems. There's no option in the ACE utility for 'VC Only'(which is what Block A was when it was available?). So I may try out selecting the VC and then removing the 2D Panel sections(while leaving the pop-ups in) from the panel.cfg file to see what VC Only performance is like.-------------------------------------If you're concerned about FMC functionality and/or using the aircraft with no tweaking then I would stear clear. My recommendation would be to get the PSS 757 which is due out any day now. I have their 777 and I love that bird. Looks great, very functional, performance is just fine on system. PSS has given great support for their 777 and are about to release a third Service Pack for it. It's a really great bird even just patched to Service Pack 2. I think their 757 will probably be top notch and less buggy than 777 when it was released. They have preview screenshots of the panel in their forum which is right here on Avsim. And it looks extremely nice, a very 'clean' impeccable look that jumps out at you(2d panel looks very 3d), if you like that kind of look(kind of the opposite of the CS's worn photorealistic look). At any rate I'm getting it when it's released. Which is as I said, should be any day now! The LDS 757 will probably be awesome when it comes out, but I believe they take a great length of time to release their birds. When it comes to airliners I love 757's so I not up for waiting. ;)Cheers and hope that helped

Guest MarkM

>CS refuses to update products like the 727 and 707 leaving many customers hanging...Wrong. CS have announced they are working on the updates for both (check their news archive), I'm sure they will be released.>I wouldn't bother it's not that they make bad products it's just there tech support is pretty whats the word im looking for "crappy'.Very strange, they replied to every my e-mail. My piece of advise is to check your junk mail folder. And make sure you use thir support system, not e-mail.>CS have given me loads of fun, Zipper, 727, Mig 21 and Yak-3 in addition to the best Herk available.I feel the same!>I'm thinking about buying the CS 757...would any of the current owners recommend it?I would recommend it. I own many payware addons but have never seen anything at par with CS 757 visual quality! Suffice to watch their videos http://www.captainsim.com/products/b757/video.html and products' screenshots to make sure. Also take into account that Blocks B,C E and 300 were updated to versions 1.2. I have bought it and did not lose. And Block F, when released, will make me even more satisfied.

Guest Tingoose

>>Caveat emptor>>I knew this expression would show up sooner or later from the>moment I saw the subject. It always does.>Precisely:Sona si Latine loqueris.