Sign in to follow this  
Bob_Z

Multiple Items of Same Name

When I start P3d v 4.3 I get a message that "there are multiple items with the same name.  They must have unique names."  Then it lists PMDG 737-700NGX House Winglets.  Then F:\LockheedMartin\P3dv4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDH 737-700NGX WL.   The second one is correct, I can't find the first one. T e livery manager for the -700NGX WL lists two house liveries, is that correct?

Also, every time is try to load the -700, I'm asked for my activation code.

Edited by Bob_Z
Additional

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

What did you do to solve it?   This is the 737 and a house livery that you can't delete. 

Bob Zolto

1 minute ago, Bob_Z said:

What did you do to solve it?   This is the 737 and a house livery that you can't delete. 

I didn’t solve it yet. But I might remove that livery 

What attacked your computer Bob?

The repeated validations point to something has turned off the FlexNet licensing service.  Click the windows start button and type services then open the services desktop app and check the status of FlexNet. I should be running, mine is set to startup automatic.

Duplicate simobjects of the same name is odd... I'd look at the aircraft.cfg file to ensure there are no duplicate entries for the house winglet livery.  The OC should not be creating duplicate entries, but check the configuration file.  There should only be one instance of

[fltsim.0]
title=PMDG 737-700NGX PMDG House Winglets

What actions were you doing before this fell in your lap?

Dan Downs KCRP

For any duplicates in non house liveries via the oc manager.

Edited by ph-cxz
Changed the information

I think I attacked it 🙂 [Click and drag to move]

I had a problem with P3d v4 ot stating correctly.  After trying to fix things, I had to do what I hate to do because it often causes more problems than it fixes - reinstall everything.  That worked but then I didn't have a dll.xml version in my AppData folder for SimStarter. That meant I had to reinstall my PMDG products. It was  after that when the duplicate simobjects started.  I did find another instance in the config file.  I thought I had checked there before I posted, but I must have missed it.

The validation problem started before I had to reinstall anything.  My FLexNet Licensing Service 64 is running Automatic.  There is another Flexnet Licensing Service that is manual.  The issue only affects the 737-700NGX WL in one livery, the Southwest Classic.  I uninstalled the livery, but then when I started the sim, it said the livery was missing and it would start in visualiztion mode.  I could then switch to another livery and it wouldn't ask for activation.   I reset the default scenario, but the d*** sim won't start at all. 

Thanks, Dan

Bob Zolto

Got the sim problem fixed, but the validation problem remains.  It only effects the 747-700 variation.  All other 737s as well as 747 and 777 don't ask for validation.

Bob Zolto

17 hours ago, Bob_Z said:

Got the sim problem fixed, but the validation problem remains.  It only effects the 747-700 variation.  All other 737s as well as 747 and 777 don't ask for validation.

Bob I recommend the validation issue be shared with PMDG Product Support via a trouble ticket.  They will get it straightened out for you.

Dan Downs KCRP

I shall do so.  It's a strange one.

Bob Zolto