Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Taxi2Gate KSTL

I recently purchased KSTL by Taxi2Gate and installed it in P3D 5.4.  Was frustrated with the elevation issues but I finally figured out how to get it to work.  After installing the airport I opened Airport Design Editor and searched for the default KSTL (File, Open Stock Airport, search for KSTL and open it).  Then I went to Tools, Change Airport Reference Data and found the altitude of the default KSTL.  I then opened the Taxi2Gate KSTL BGL and changed the altitude for the airport to the same as the default KSTL.  Saved the project, compiled and then replaced (swapped out) the bgl file.  After that there were still some issues with airport terrain but turning off the flatten bgl for the airport fixed that isssue.  Found the GSX profile for the airport on the inibuilds forum so I have moving jetways but still no taxi lights at night.  I'm hoping that Taxi2Gate puts out a P3D v5 version at some point.

Edited by jfwharton

I should add that I'm using ORBX scenery.  But when investigating a fix for the elevation issues I was seeing I tried turning off all of my ORBX scenery and still had the same issue.  So I anticipate that the fix will work for people who don't use ORBX scenery.

@jfwharton

I fixed it a while ago and I also use ORBX Global. In St. Louis is no special ORBX Region, and Global is only textures, no mesh.

I had to create a complex flatten, attaching to the edges of the default underlying mesh scenery. 

When I'm home I'm going to put a package together with the new files for this scenery and uploading it to my website. 

Dan

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

@jfwharton

I uploaded my files. It's mainly the flatten I made. The other things I can't remember. Also added a GSX .ini file for jetways. The afcad could be upgraded in regards of accuracy of the jetways as I saw. Maybe later one day.

• Upvote 1

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

On 8/21/2023 at 2:28 PM, blaunarwal said:

@jfwharton

I uploaded my files. It's mainly the flatten I made. The other things I can't remember. Also added a GSX .ini file for jetways. The afcad could be upgraded in regards of accuracy of the jetways as I saw. Maybe later one day.

Thanks loads for this fix. Taxi2Gate KSTL looks fine now in V5. I pretty much gave up on this one some time ago.

• Like 1

Vic green

I’m using v4.5 and have issues with ai landing way short of 30R with this scenery, I’m talking miles and then they taxi for miles and then make it to the airport, finally.

any ideas?

Edited by Danthepilot77

5 hours ago, Danthepilot77 said:

I’m using v4.5 and have issues with ai landing way short of 30R with this scenery, I’m talking miles and then they taxi for miles and then make it to the airport, finally.

any ideas?

There were some ILS not belonging to the airport. They are deleted now. I updated the upload with a much improved AFCAD. Maybe it works after redownload.

On 8/25/2023 at 1:58 AM, blaunarwal said:

There were some ILS not belonging to the airport. They are deleted now. I updated the upload with a much improved AFCAD. Maybe it works after redownload.

I dont have v5 so it probably wont work in 4.5

1 hour ago, Danthepilot77 said:

I dont have v5 so it probably wont work in 4.5

You have to try. Maybe the afcad needs to be compiled with the 4.5 bgl compiler. But if you're still on 4.5 fsx scenery should still work.

Edited by blaunarwal