Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Active Sky for P3Dv4

I have been using this app for some time and always ignored it (run in the background) once I've set the flight up, but I've just tried a flight and it P3D brought me down (and other AI aircraft down) to what is the wrong runway - the built-in ATC end up sending me and the AI aircraft to the runway with 24 knots tailwind at the time!

On the setup, I simply start the Active Sky app, go the the Flight Plan tab, click load, and load the flight plan I created using SimBrief. To be honest, I'm not bothered about the weather, I just want P3D's ATC to use the correct runway when I'm about to runway to takeoff or land. Same with time, I may change the time in P3D to some time in the past, but I have assumed it is using the current weather, not the weather in the past.

Does anyone know how to fix it up so that the system is using the time I've told it to use, but the current weather. Either way I'd want to it to use the weather it was on the date I set it to. Anything to stop it setting the weather up.

Thanks, Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Is this what you're looking for?
Top tabs click on Wx Control.
P5s5Tvc.png?1

Edited by BillS511

Ah yes, thanks. I generally fly close to the current date, so I don't think either options is important.

Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

2 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Same with time, I may change the time in P3D to some time in the past, but I have assumed it is using the current weather, not the weather in the past.

Does anyone know how to fix it up so that the system is using the time I've told it to use, but the current weather. Either way I'd want to it to use the weather it was on the date I set it to. Anything to stop it setting the weather up.

2 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Ah yes, thanks. I generally fly close to the current date, so I don't think either options is important.

Bit of a mixed message here LOL When you say 'the time I've told it to use" and "on the date I set it to" do you mean AS or P3D with it...? And flying close to the current date may make a world of difference...

Anyway, there are two main options to set the weather in AS (I am leaving Custom weather out of this) which can be found on the WxControl tab.

1. Live weather: you will ALWAYS have CURRENT weather, no matter what time you set in P3D.

2. Historic weather:
2A: Force Historical Time to Sim Time UNTICKED: AS will use the date and time you set in AS (and it will ignore the date and time you set in P3D)
2B: Force Historical Time to Sim Time TICKED: AS will use the date and time you set in P3D (and it will ignore the date and time you set in AS)

Fun (and slightly confusing) thing to take note off is that when you use option 2B and set date and time in P3D to NOW you will actually be using current live weather. 😉

Edited by Guest

And to clarify, ASP4 doesn't decide which runways are in use. It reports the current weather - it's your ATC program, flight planner and sim that make the determination as to which runway is in use.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Build the darn forced runway control in the P3D already LM!!! Geeez! 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

One thing about AS to remember is the briefing page.  Once you load a flight plan, you can get the windspeed and temp at Cruise, which one enters into the FMS/FMGS.

Hope you're doing well Gary... sounds like you've come a long way in our hobby my friend.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On 11/14/2018 at 9:15 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Hope you're doing well Gary... sounds like you've come a long way in our hobby my friend.

Thanks Dave. I've been going slow on this because of the Chemo. I have a vacation for 2 weeks to Phuket in a week (on premier class of a 7878!) so whatever I learn here I'll need to remember here, lol. 

Having said that, I'm getting on with the P3D... I'm getting some good advice here.

Edited by Gary McCluskey
  • Like 2

Gaz on Facebook

Now that I am free of OVPA, I have a LITTLE extra time and I may pull a few friends in and start teaching airline pre-flight, navigation, flying online or with real live traffic, etc.  If I start doing this again, I won't be able to start the work up until mid-Janurary and I have to create all the previous training graphics as they were lost.

I'll certainly let you know if do this again.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.