AviatorMan

France VFR and Orbx in P3Dv4

Recommended Posts

Just saw this on the Orbx Compatibility forum:  "... I simply wanted to share my experience. I have P3D PRO V4.3 and I bought several ORBX products which I LOVE but I also wanted to be able to fly over the South of France so I bought Part 1 and Part 2 of France VFR and thanks to Autogen global X 2.0 (free) both ORBX and France VFR can coexist"

Anyone here have any experience with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is interesting to me also, and thanks for your OP. Time ago, and after knowing FranceVFR and ORBX were not compatible, I decided to stay away from FranceVFR (I own a good amount of ORBX FTX products and all the openLC regions). Anyone knows how it works?.

Cheers, Ed

 

Edited by edpatino

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Look here:

Hi, thanks, very useful information!.

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post

Curious!. I was reading this thread looking for the possibility of using in P3Dv4 my previous purchase of Paris-Ile de France, at the time only compatible to FSX/P3Dv3, just to discover that at SimMarket FranceVFR offers a 50% rebate for previous users of the scenery for FSX/P3Dv3, but at FranceVFR's website, where I originally bought the scenery, there's no word about any rebate for previous purchasers.

I don't see myself paying another thirty-something euros for the same thing for P3Dv4.

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Curious!. I was reading this thread looking for the possibility of using in P3Dv4 my previous purchase of Paris-Ile de France, at the time only compatible to FSX/P3Dv3, just to discover that at SimMarket FranceVFR offers a 50% rebate for previous users of the scenery for FSX/P3Dv3, but at FranceVFR's website, where I originally bought the scenery, there's no word about any rebate for previous purchasers.

I don't see myself paying another thirty-something euros for the same thing for P3Dv4.

Cheers, Ed

Ed, I asked FranceVFR about the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit.

Framerate about the same but compiled in 64 bit.

My existing FranceVFR scenery are performing very well. A new one I would buy in 64 bit.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Ed, I asked FranceVFR about the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit.

Framerate about the same but compiled in 64 bit.

My existing FranceVFR scenery are performing very well. A new one I would buy in 64 bit.

So you are flying with the currently released P3Dv4 compatible France VFR products? Are you using the Autogen global X 2 tool mentioned in my quote from the Orbx forum to get autogen compatibility?

I am really curious about this, as I would like to purchase some of these new France VFR products, even if I don't get a discount from previous purchases, if they are really compatible with Orbx  Global OpenLC EU. But it seems there are conflicting reports even in this thread: a few users say they are compatible, others say they are not. Don't know what the real story is.

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Are you using the Autogen global X 2 tool mentioned in my quote from the Orbx forum to get autogen compatibility?

Hi Gerard:

So, if I understand you well, you're using your FranceVFR for P3Dv3 in v4 with no issues, right?.

Additionally, could you please briefly explain which tool do you use to make the changes on the autogen for using ORBX and FranceVFR on the same setup?. Tool from Arno G., or the tool from FranceVFR (I fear I don't have a manual that explains how to use this last one)?.

Cheers, Ed

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Ed, I asked FranceVFR about the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit.

Framerate about the same but compiled in 64 bit.

My existing FranceVFR scenery are performing very well. A new one I would buy in 64 bit.

Hi Gerard:

So, if I understand you well, you're using your FranceVFR for P3Dv3 in v4 with no issues, right?.

31 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Are you using the Autogen global X 2 tool mentioned in my quote from the Orbx forum to get autogen compatibility? 

Additionally Gerard, could you please briefly explain which tool do you use to make the changes on the autogen for using ORBX and FranceVFR on the same setup?. Tool from Arno G., or the tool from FranceVFR (I fear I don't have a manual that explains how to use this last one)?.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Share this post


Link to post

Here I use the Tool from Arno + the FranceVFR AGXDexcriptions64 files.

What I did :

  1. Backed up a copy of the default Autogen folder
  2. Installed all Orbx scenery
  3. Copied the modified Autogen folder to ORBX/FTX_EU folder ( if you have only FTX_AU or another region copy it to there. If you leave the regions On in the Library then only one Autogen foloder is enough ).
  4. I installed Paris_intra-muros ( free Paris scenery : pr scenery / buildings / trees / objects ) which also installed Arno's Tool
  5. At Startup from P3D I had to confirm that Arno's Tool was allowed to run   

Now my FranceVFR, Palms29 and Orbx scenery are all working corectly. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, edpatino said:

Curious!. I was reading this thread looking for the possibility of using in P3Dv4 my previous purchase of Paris-Ile de France, at the time only compatible to FSX/P3Dv3, just to discover that at SimMarket FranceVFR offers a 50% rebate for previous users of the scenery for FSX/P3Dv3, but at FranceVFR's website, where I originally bought the scenery, there's no word about any rebate for previous purchasers. 

I don't see myself paying another thirty-something euros for the same thing for P3Dv4.

Cheers, Ed

If you bought directly from the France Vfr website, you received an email. Return the information contained in this email to support@francevfr.com and tell them that you want to buy the new version at a reduced price. You will then receive an email with a link to purchase the product at a reduced price.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, GSalden said:

I installed Paris_intra-muros ( free Paris scenery : pr scenery / buildings / trees / objects ) which also installed Arno's Tool

Hi Gerard:

Thanks for your clarifications. I know that freeware scenery for Paris, very good. I had it installed the way you describe on my previous P3Dv3.4 setup.

But considering now the case you want to use the FranceVFR Paris-Ile de France instead, I still don't see how exactly I should proceed. I suppose that in this case the Paris installer from FranceVFR will add/replace the FranceVFR definitions contained on the default autogen folder so, and since you moved the autogen modified by ORBX to the FTX_EU folder, will that be enough to have both autogen definitions working well together, or am I missing a step?.

Cheers, Ed

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, cyclope78 said:

If you bought directly from the France Vfr website, you received an email. Return the information contained in this email to support@francevfr.com and tell them that you want to buy the new version at a reduced price. You will then receive an email with a link to purchase the product at a reduced price.

Many thanks. I'll try your suggestion, after I clarify (to me) that the autogen installation will not conflict with my existing setup, given that I have a lot of ORBX stuff installed already.

Merci beaucoup, Ed

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Hi Gerard:

Thanks for your clarifications. I know that freeware scenery for Paris, very good. I had it installed the way you describe on my previous P3Dv3.4 setup.

But considering now the case you want to use the FranceVFR Paris-Ile de France instead, I still don't see how exactly I should proceed. I suppose that in this case the Paris installer from FranceVFR will add/replace the FranceVFR definitions contained on the default autogen folder so, and since you moved the autogen modified by ORBX to the FTX_EU folder, will that be enough to have both autogen definitions working well together, or am I missing a step?.

Cheers, Ed

 

 

 

With Arno’s tool that will be enough.

The tool sees the main Autogen folder and the other placed in the addons folders. Where you are at that moment decides which Autogen folder is being used...

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, GSalden said:

With Arno’s tool that will be enough.

The tool sees the main Autogen folder and the other placed in the addons folders. Where you are at that moment decides which Autogen folder is being used...

Ok, thanks. Now getting closer to understand the whole process (without messing up my existing setup).

One more question: in the picture below is my P3D main directory, showing off the ORBX's folder located inside, where as you could see, I have all the ORBX regions installed. Should I place the ORBX's modified autogen folder inside one of the FTX_XX sub-folders, or it will be enough to place that autogen folder right into the ORBX folder, alongside the FTX_XX sub-folders?.

45200165304_49fdaeea01_b.jpg

Thanks again, Ed

 

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Ok, thanks. Now getting closer to understand the whole process (without messing up my existing setup).

One more question: in the picture below is my P3D main directory, showing off the ORBX's folder located inside, where as you could see, I have all the ORBX regions installed. Should I place the ORBX's modified autogen folder inside one of the FTX_XX sub-folders, or it will be enough to place that autogen folder right into the ORBX folder, alongside the FTX_XX sub-folders?.

45200165304_49fdaeea01_b.jpg

Thanks again, Ed

 

As far as I know it needs to be next to each Scenery / Texture combo, but you might test with it being in ORBX folder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, GSalden said:

As far as I know it needs to be next to each Scenery / Texture combo, but you might test with it being in ORBX folder.

 

Ok, many thanks.

Cheers, Ed

Share this post


Link to post

Glad several people have commented on this topic, but have to say I remain confused. Looks like there is no simple tool that allows you to run Orbx and France VFR sceneries concurrently without corrupting autogen. I guess I will just stick with Orbx sceneries and forego France VFR for the time being. 

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Glad several people have commented on this topic, but have to say I remain confused. Looks like there is no simple tool that allows you to run Orbx and France VFR sceneries concurrently without corrupting autogen. I guess I will just stick with Orbx sceneries and forego France VFR for the time being. 

Arno’s Tool is an install and forget tool, so how simple do you want it to be ?

No corrupting AG If you have read the comments ...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now