Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Switch for GPS?

Hi

Is there a switch to toggle between GPS/Nav located somewhere so I don’t have to open the GTN to do this?

BTW, I’m really liking this jet.

Well done Flysimware.

Mark

on the GPS from FSW, there is a button "CDI" you can switch from GPS to VOR or vice versa 

Pascal

Edited by Cool

si.php?id=1

I'm using the Flight1 GTN. I can do that on that device as well but I don't want to have to open the GTN to do so, hence my oroginal question.

To follow a flight on the GTN750 you need to have Nav mode on the autopilot and GPS on the GTN750.  However the GTN750 will automatically swap from GPS mode to VLOC when at the FAF position. then you need to engage APP on the autopilot, you then see the ILS needle and glideslope indicator active.

edit …..I don't know if there any  keystrokes for swapping the GTN750  GPS mode to the VLOC mode

bob

Edited by onebob

2 hours ago, onebob said:

However the GTN750 will automatically swap from GPS mode to VLOC when at the FAF position.

Hi Bob-

Thanks for this as it solves my problem!

Cheers,

Mark

59 minutes ago, newtie said:

Hi Bob-

Thanks for this as it solves my problem!

Cheers,

Mark

The only other thing is you need to have the ILS for the runway in the nav radio before you get to the FAF

bob