Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Falcon 50 - Manegement Tool

Recommended Posts

Hi Folks,

Re: P3Dv4

I'm having a bunch of issues with the management tool with multiple GPS units being overlaid on top of one another - sometimes even after I have it set properly - a reload of the aircraft mangles it again...

I've only been switching single unit installs - looks like a GTN650 pops in there underneath even though I have NEVER selected that option... Been sticking with the F1 and RXP 750's... I own both...

Regards,

Scott 

Edited by scottb613

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Re: P3Dv4

I'm having a bunch of issues with the management tool with multiple GPS units being overlaid on top of one another - sometimes even after I have it set properly - a reload of the aircraft mangles it again...

I've only been switching single unit installs - looks like a GTN650 pops in there underneath even though I have NEVER selected that option... Been sticking with the F1 and RXP 750's... I own both...

Regards,

Scott 

I’ve seen this too. Right after running the management tool, and selecting a single RXP GTN750, that’s what I get on the first reload of the aircraft. But, if I exit the sim completely, and reload the Falcon, I’ll often see the bezels of what appears to be a GNS430 overlaying the GTN on the left side, and as a stand-alone bezel on the right side. This behavior is inconsistent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Re: P3Dv4

I'm having a bunch of issues with the management tool with multiple GPS units being overlaid on top of one another - sometimes even after I have it set properly - a reload of the aircraft mangles it again...

I've only been switching single unit installs - looks like a GTN650 pops in there underneath even though I have NEVER selected that option... Been sticking with the F1 and RXP 750's... I own both...

Regards,

Scott 

I have not seen this problem. I just went back and forth between the Flight1 GTN750 and GTN650 without any issues in P3Dv4 with Beta 3.5 in WIn10.

Just in case it helps I always:

1. Delete the previous Falcon 50 install using Win10 Programs and Features before installing an update.

2. After deleting the previous install, go to the 'old' Falcon50 folder and delete any files/folders that remain.

3. Close and then rerun the GPS Management tool each time I want to make a GPS change.

4. Reload the a/c after each GPS change.

Al

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, ark said:

I have not seen this problem. I just went back and forth between the Flight1 GTN750 and GTN650 without any issues in P3Dv4 with Beta 3.5 in WIn10.

Just in case it helps I always:

1. Delete the previous Falcon 50 install using Win10 Programs and Features before installing an update.

2. After deleting the previous install, go to the 'old' Falcon50 folder and delete any files/folders that remain.

3. Close and then rerun the GPS Management tool each time I want to make a GPS change.

4. Reload the a/c after each GPS change.

Al

I have found that uninstalling the previous version in Windows 10 using the add/remove programs menu in the Windows control panel, appears to completely remove the Falcon folder in P3D without having to manually delete any files.

The aggravating thing is that I may be able to load the aircraft several times without seeing the phantom bezels appear, but occasionally they are present without any obvious cause. (No file changes or config changes made prior to the problem manifesting).

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, ark said:

I have not seen this problem. I just went back and forth between the Flight1 GTN750 and GTN650 without any issues in P3Dv4 with Beta 3.5 in WIn10.

Just in case it helps I always:

1. Delete the previous Falcon 50 install using Win10 Programs and Features before installing an update.

2. After deleting the previous install, go to the 'old' Falcon50 folder and delete any files/folders that remain.

3. Close and then rerun the GPS Management tool each time I want to make a GPS change.

4. Reload the a/c after each GPS change.

Al

 

2 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

I have found that uninstalling the previous version in Windows 10 using the add/remove programs menu in the Windows control panel, appears to completely remove the Falcon folder in P3D without having to manually delete any files.

The aggravating thing is that I may be able to load the aircraft several times without seeing the phantom bezels appear, but occasionally they are present without any obvious cause. (No file changes or config changes made prior to the problem manifesting).

 

Hi Al,

Yep - did all that - I'm seeing exactly what Jim sees...

Thanks Jim...

Regards,
Scott

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Folks,

Previous flight had F1 GTN750 installed perfectly - launched the sim again - this is what I get on subsequent launch:

 

inqvjr.png

 

Regards,
Scott

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm....yes, very strange and not good. I'll see what I can find out.

Al

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Re: P3Dv4

I'm having a bunch of issues with the management tool with multiple GPS units being overlaid on top of one another - sometimes even after I have it set properly - a reload of the aircraft mangles it again...

I've only been switching single unit installs - looks like a GTN650 pops in there underneath even though I have NEVER selected that option... Been sticking with the F1 and RXP 750's... I own both...

Regards,

Scott 

Your 100% correct there was a issue where this only happened if you selected a RXP version and not every time. The reason was the file name was correct for all the RXP XML files but the gauge name inside was calling the Flight xml files. So it was a typo and is fixed. I am so glad you caught this before our major release. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this