Sign in to follow this  
sloppysmusic

SOLVED Getting rid of default aircraft warning?

24 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

edit: I second what Bert says: the F18 is nit default, it comes with Acceleration. Could be the reason.

Thanks Ephedrin and Bert...sadly no effect,,,

1) Deleted default,,,,saved Trike on runway KDAB as default/restarted FSX select PMDG = NAG

2) deleted new default restarted FSX..did not even start flight or change airport or nothing (could it get cleaner than this?)

selected PMDG= NAG

sigh...again thanks for your help...I may submit a support ticket but all I want to do is turn the message OFF as my planes work fine

😞

PS engines were running on the trike as that is default...surely THAT is not a problem too?

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Nope that is definitely no problem. Good luck, however!

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Nope that is definitely no problem. Good luck, however!

Thanks for the info you have been a great help in restoring my sanity! I have created a support ticket at the PMDG site. My sanity will possibly be restored soon. At the moment this is the only problem I have with my entire simming experience. 

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Folks, this is way I switched to P3D, years ago.

Regards,

Jerry Friz

35 minutes ago, jfriz said:

Folks, this is way I switched to P3D, years ago.

With supreme irony (in this thread) I received an email alert about this comment, stopped doing something enjoyable and loaded up a window on my PC only to find the alert was not relevant to my situation in any way whatsoever, closed the window down, wrote this then returned to having fun.

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

SOLVED!

******************************************************************************************************************************

The PMDG_Interface module checks the ui_createdby field in the aircraft.cfg of an aircraft. If this field contains "Microsoft Corporation" then it assumes that it is one of the default aircraft. This is a field contained in every livery for every aircraft. If the field contains anything else other than "Microsoft Corporation" the warning window will appear immediately. If you edit this field to anything else then you will get the error message. If you revert the field back to the original "Microsoft Corporation" the error message will no longer appear.

******************************************************************************************************************************

Here is how the problem affected my system and may or not effect others I started a PMDG support ticket and here are the end conversations (names withheld for privacy reasons):

After a few generic support suggestions I asked PMDG support if they could ask the developers themselves what exactly their software is looking for during aircraft selection when they decide if the default flight is or is not a default aircraft. After a short delay they got back to me with an answer that was exactly what I had been asking for and I tested it out shortly after with instant success. Thanks very much to PMDG support for working with the devs themselves to provide a definitive answer that has plagued me for nearly 4 years since I started using FSX Steam Edition.

Conversation relating to how it was a problem on my particular system:

PMDG:
"According to the development team,  this is what is happening

The PMDG_Interface module checks the ui_createdby field in the aircraft.cfg of an aircraft. If this field contains "Microsoft Corporation" then it assumes that it is one of the default aircraft.

Please check that field of your aircraft.cfg file and tell me what is there"

ME:
"By JOVE now THAT is some direct dev team to helpdesk  info sharing and precisely what I was after!
and you know what?
in EVERY single default aircraft on my machine the following is present:

ui_createdby="FSX"

Now if I did this myself years ago it was because I was tidying up my a/c lists and didn't want MS to appear as airplane manufacturers (but my way of thinking would be to have used "OTHER" and not "FSX"). Seems a bit thorough even for me to edit EVERY livery as well (for planes I would never even use as I have plenty of add-ons)...as that's what I see for EVERY plane. Either I did it myself or it is the new default under Dovetail Games Steam Edition. We'd need to ask someone else for that answer, as soon as I'm finished rendering a video (hour or so) I can test this out by adding :
"Microsoft Corporation"
to the relevant field in the default a/c livery (will just delete all but one trike livery to make sure)
Am actually pretty excited to try this out! Say thanks to the devs from me for this info. Much respect is appreciated.
Will get back within couple hours.
Russ"

ME:
"Had to record the occasion for prosperity!
I have not seen what is in that video for nearly FOUR years.,..since I switched to FSX Steam Edition..
you have lifted a huge hassle and concern off my shoulders and now I can use FSiPanel to practice my approaches fast and efficiently!
Whoop
de
Wooo
😄
Regards
Russ
PS oh BTW yes that fixed it..."

Edited by sloppysmusic
Text format
  • Like 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

lol... nasty little subtleties... they get us so quickly. Great to hear you got it resolved! 

The PMDG support is simply great, nothing else to say 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1