Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
sloppysmusic

SOLVED Getting rid of default aircraft warning?

Recommended Posts

Hi,

have all the PMDG jets and the J41. Used them for many years with no problems because I always REFM!

Got to admit though I am sooooo sick of every single time I load up any PMDG aircraft in any way ESPECIALLY after a DEFAULT aircraft I have to get this nag screen:

PMDG Warning Screen

It has become even more of a pain recently as I use full screen window software which keeps my main FSX window running sweetly on monitor 1 while other apps and work run on monitor 2. So many times my FSX has crashed as I tab through multiple background windows trying to get rid of this erroneous message. Especially as all the planes work great and I AM using a default aircraft first. Imagine getting 20 texts a day from your Mom or Wife saying "you will burn the turkey at 500F"! Except the turkey is cooking nicely at 350F TYVM! 

I recently got FSiPanel and now all the palaver of switching back and forth between airplanes every approach is doubled by that darn screen! 10 approaches = 1+10 =11 nags!

So please how do I turn it OFF permanently? I never want to see it again and I will NEVER complain about any of your planes that work perfectly on my system either.

It wouldn't be so bad if it read "We notice you are doing what we recommend and have loaded a default aircraft first. Thank you! However our coding is not set up to remove this message even though you read all the manuals...so we apologize but have a nice day"!

Thanks for listening and I hope someone can help me. I'm a techie and know computers very well. I am used to telling the computer what to do and then it does it for me. I do NOT like the computer telling ME what to do even when I HAVE done what it says! 

 


Russell Gough

Daytona Beach

FL

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Did you try submitting a support ticket?

Hi Kevin thanks for the reply. No because all my planes from all devs are working PERFECTLY. I dont want or need to change anything about FSX while its running so good! I just want to get rid of that darn message! It did NOT do this every time years ago. The good ol' MD-11 never gave me that message back in the day nor the first 747 or NDX. It seems to be after I returned this FALL from a break of a year from simming and updated the PMDG a/c as ALL the base aircraft had been updated to do with the OC I believe. Since then non stop darn warning message. There is no way to possibly load any of their planes or load a flight without it. Finding that pop up amongst 12 or so open windows and shutting it down has become a very wearisome task!


Russell Gough

Daytona Beach

FL

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

of every single time I load up any PMDG aircraft in any way ESPECIALLY after a DEFAULT aircraft I have to get this nag screen:

That screen is designed to show up if you are NOT loading from default aircraft. So either you do not load from a default airplane or your sim isn‘t working perfectly 😛

kidding asides, I know these screens are annoying, that FSL screen with the MSAA/SSAA at every sim start gets on my nerves too as just clicking it away even would change my system, even if I don‘t want to fly the airbus.

But: Why do you load from a default airplane at all? Do you load into the sim with let‘s assume the default Cessna and then switch to PMDG? Or do you make your choices at the UI screen and then with the PMDG turning you click Fly Now?

This screen‘s behaviour would mean that PMDG detect any data that aren‘t default. Do you maybe load a saved scenario that - at any time BEFORE - had included a non-default airplane?

Edited by Ephedrin

,

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/25/2018 at 3:50 AM, Ephedrin said:

That screen is designed to show up if you are NOT loading from default aircraft. So either you do not load from a default airplane or your sim isn‘t working perfectly 😛

kidding asides, I know these screens are annoying, that FSL screen with the MSAA/SSAA at every sim start gets on my nerves too as just clicking it away even would change my system, even if I don‘t want to fly the airbus.

But: Why do you load from a default airplane at all? Do you load into the sim with let‘s assume the default Cessna and then switch to PMDG? Or do you make your choices at the UI screen and then with the PMDG turning you click Fly Now?

This screen‘s behaviour would mean that PMDG detect any data that aren‘t default. Do you maybe load a saved scenario that - at any time BEFORE - had included a non-default airplane?

Hey thanks for the input. I have tried everything that I read in the manuals. My sim is working GREAT. The best it ever has. Except the FSiPanel app is too painful to use with this nag screen (giving incorrect info).

This video might help if anyone could tell me where I am going wrong?

You can see the nag screen every load even as the 737 loads perfectly!

I don't want to mess with my sim as it is working so well. I want to TURN THIS DARN POP OFF forever! Please?

Edited by sloppysmusic

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach

FL

Share this post


Link to post

Here are some relevant or not ERROR entries in the 737 debug file corresponding to the load in the above video:

Creating systems:
01 02 Can't access WAV file: 0 (Sound\PMDG/737NGX/Various/PMDG_737_StarterTruck.wav)

Can't access WAV file: 0 (Sound\PMDG/737NGX/Various/PMDG_737_AirTruck.wav)

Both these files exist on the sound folder although they both have different names:

PMDG_737_Airtruck_ext.wav

PMDG_737_StarterTruck_ext.wav

is there an XML file I can edit to correct the wav files or should I just rename them LOL (PD I did NOT change these files these are default install)

Update systems:
01 
Flight load callback:
PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\FA-18 KDAB.FLT.sav
Corresponding panel state not found
02  
Update systems:
01 02 Done.

Here you can see the code recognizes the default aircraft is not a PMDG hence lack of panel state

Flight load callback:
PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState\default.FLT.sav
Corresponding panel state not found
02  

Same again here...the default is NOT a PMPG = no panel state exists

No other errors found in the debug log

 

Here is the 747 debug log for the above video load. No errors just this:

2018/11/26 14:25:46  Flight load callback:
2018/11/26 14:25:46  PMDG\PMDG 747 QOTS II\PanelState\default.FLT.sav
2018/11/26 14:25:46  Corresponding panel state not found
2018/11/26 14:25:46  #7 Getting product version info
2018/11/26 14:25:46  #8 Logging environment info

 

Edited by sloppysmusic
added more debug info

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach

FL

Share this post


Link to post

Why do you LOAD the simulator with the default aircraft and then change it to the PMDG? Just select it on the start screen and go fly.

What is important is that the default scene is with a default aircraft, you don't need to actually load the simulator.


Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4GHz · 16GB DDR4 3600 16-16-16 · nVidia GTX1080Ti · Gigabyte x570i WiFi PRO · Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2 SATA · BenQ Designer PD3200Q VA 32" QHD · NZXT H210i · Fully Watercooled · Seasonic Core 650W 80+ GOLD

38.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post

Seems to be a lot of beating around the bush.  What do you have in your FSX.cfg under [USERINTERFACE] for:

SITUATION=

This will be your default flight.  Is it a default aircraft?  Maybe something better than the trike over Friday Harbor?
 


Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

                                     

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Why do you LOAD the simulator with the default aircraft and then change it to the PMDG? Just select it on the start screen and go fly.

What is important is that the default scene is with a default aircraft, you don't need to actually load the simulator.

I KNOW this I am just showing the error message appears however you do it.

FSiPanel manual INSISTS you do it this way which is why I included in the video.

If you watched the entire video you would have seen me do exactly what you said above as well.

The 737 manual states "you can safely load the aircraft from free flight no need to first load the Cessna 172 or any other saved flight)"

(The above still results in the error message)

Please note the following:

https://fselite.net/news/pmdg-issues-statement-prepar3d-v4-2-related-issues/

"For those users who have contacted PMDG’s support system has been suggested to start the sim with a default aircraft and change it to their preferred PMDG aircraft afterwards. This appears to solve the issue and the aircraft then behaves normally thereafter."

Like I said already several times. I just want to lose the nag screen as it is basically lying to me AND BLATANTLY STATES we recommend you start with a default aircraft PRIOR to loading PMDG or reload sim. Neither of those options work anyway.

  • Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach

FL

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Seems to be a lot of beating around the bush.  What do you have in your FSX.cfg under [USERINTERFACE] for:

SITUATION=

This will be your default flight.  Is it a default aircraft?  Maybe something better than the trike over Friday Harbor?
 

[USERINTERFACE]
ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1
SelectAircraftManufacturer=All
SelectAircraftPublisher=PMDG
SelectAircraftType=All
PageID=1
OpenATCOnCreate=0
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=0
SITUATION=F:\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\default
Map_Orientation=2
DisplayFuelAsWeight=1

The default is actually the default FA-18 on the runway at KDAB Aerosoft. Not sure why it states SelectAircraftPublisher=PMDG? Unless that is just a log of the last time I went on there. 

Edited by sloppysmusic
ADDED INFO

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach

FL

Share this post


Link to post

OK, default FA-18 on the runway....engines running?  Are you using a cold and dark scenario for the PMDG aircraft?

Just wondering if PMDG considers the FA-18 a default aircraft?  It's not for FSX Deluxe or Standard Editions.


Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

                                     

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, charliearon said:

OK, default FA-18 on the runway....engines running?  Are you using a cold and dark scenario for the PMDG aircraft?

Just wondering if PMDG considers the FA-18 a default aircraft?  It's not for FSX Deluxe or Standard Editions.

Engines/lights everything that can be turned off IS turned off. Yes I use C&D most of the time with PMDG as it gets the most reliable clean startups and INS calibrations. Am willing to try any possible start up if it gets rid of the message just ONCE. That would mean it IS possible to get rid of it!


Russell Gough

Daytona Beach

FL

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

 Am willing to try any possible start up if it gets rid of the message just ONCE. That would mean it IS possible to get rid of it!

Try changing your current aircraft from the FA-18 to the AirCreation Trike Ultralight (and your current location to Friday Harbour too); then save it making sure you have ticked the box to 'Make this the default flight'.  This will return your FSX-SE Sim more or less back to its original default aircraft startup state at Friday Harbour, 

As has already been said, you should always aim to start a fresh Sim session with the PMDG aircraft you want to fly; otherwise you can expect to see the PMDG warning message every time if you try and load one of their aircraft after using anything other than the default aircraft first. This should fix your problem once and for all the next time you start the Sim, because the FA-18 is NOT the original FSX/FSX-SE Default aircraft. 

Edited by berts

Bertie Goddard

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Please note the following:

https://fselite.net/news/pmdg-issues-statement-prepar3d-v4-2-related-issues/

 "For those users who have contacted PMDG’s support system has been suggested to start the sim with a default aircraft and change it to their preferred PMDG aircraft afterwards. This appears to solve the issue and the aircraft then behaves normally thereafter."

Like I said already several times. I just want to lose the nag screen

That‘s obsolete with 4.3. 

this screen only shows up when PMDG detect „enemy forces“. I can‘t tell you where this comes from in your setup. But I would suggest you delete your default flight (yes I know how that sounds) and let it rebuild. Then you load an airport and save your new „trike on the runway“ position as new default flight. Don‘t do anything else. Quit the sim via end flight (so you get back to the start menu, then quit the sim completely and wait a minute for the sim to be kicked off the task manager. Then restart the sim to the turning trike, select the 737, fly now and check if the error warning still comes up. If not, welcome. If yes it‘s time for a support ticket.

 

edit: I second what Bert says: the F18 is nit default, it comes with Acceleration. Could be the reason.

Edited by Ephedrin

,

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    17%
    $4,475.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...