Sign in to follow this  
Alaaar

Moving to P3D soon .......

typical of some

46 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Your post is confusing (and difficult to read).  Do you understand the difference between weather engines and weather textures? I asked because this statement/question is confusing:

"Skyforce includes textures,why would he want to buy any other weather program"

Using your logic, there's no need to buy SF; after all, FSX/P3D includes textures, so why do I need to buy REX?  Moreover, why do you need REX Skyforce with REX textures?  The former contains Gbs upon Gbs of textures; if you have the former, you don't need the latter.   I'll also add that AS4 and ASCA (textures) cost is on par with SF.  Factoring the massive difference between wx engines, the former is probably the smarter buy. Although, ideally you would use HiFi wx engine and SF for textures...

BTW, the upcoming 'patch' was suppose to be a completely separate product/purchase; however, for obvious reasons, REX decided to include it as part of SF.  We'll have to wait and see if it's an actual improvement.  If we know anything about REX is they tend to overhype their software.  Plus, it takes them forever to deliver on free upgrades.  I'm still waiting on my WW Airport updates (it's been 3/4 years?).

Again, to the OP, if you currently have AS4, I think you will be disappointed reverting to SF wx engine; there are copious YouTube videos that explain said wx engines deficiencies...

this is why i don't bother posting that often.you absolutely know that Skyforce comes with it's own textures,but choose to infer that i mean another REX program.

Dealing with people like you who twist and manipulate posts is why i won't bother anymore.you'll just have to troll someone else.

steve

3 hours ago, steve howlett said:

typical of some

this is why i don't bother posting that often.you absolutely know that Skyforce comes with it's own textures,but choose to infer that i mean another REX program.

Dealing with people like you who twist and manipulate posts is why i won't bother anymore.you'll just have to troll someone else.

steve

That is not fair!  Your post are extremely difficult to read; thus, I'm left to decipher what you're trying to say.  Yes, I know SF comes with textures, WHICH WAS MY POINT.  I didn't infer ANYTHING, you explicitly stated the following: "use REX skyforce with REX textures"  The key word is 'with;' thus, implying one should use SF WITH REX textures; To be clear, REX Textures is an ACUTAL SEPERATE PRODUCT LINE (e.g. Rex Texture Direct, Soft Clouds, etc...), which is why I was confused and asking a legit question. 

Instead of calling me out, why don't you take 5 extra seconds to articulate a clear/legible post?  Using punctuations and capitalization helps the reader determine where one idea ends and another begins.  Or, you can call me a troll for not being able to read your mind....

I'm not trying to be a jerk; however, IMO, you leave yourself open to scrutiny when you call someone a troll without merit.  I'd like to have a legit discussion regarding the merits of AS4/ASCA and SF. If I understand you correctly, you're recommending SF because it comes with better textures?  I may be mistaken, but I think flight simmers are more concerned with weather simulations capable of mimicking accurate current and historical data that fluctuates organically.  In it's current state, SF is not capable of meeting that core function.  If I'm mistaken, please explain why, vice trying to take the moral high-ground and/or calling me names...

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

Geez guys!

I have no idea if it applies here, but we are an international community and everyone writes in English and non-English speakers often use translators when posting. Something to keep in mind.

Even when English is someones first language we should all make an effort to understand what others are saying and always write/reply in a manner which is non-confrontational and so the other person feels respected or at least not disrespected.

Sky Force? I couldn't possible disagree more about Sky Force and I have actually used every free or payware weather engine and textures in our community rather than purchasing one product and then telling people its the best product. I've also done my fair share of being up front from ground level to cruise altitude in many different weather conditions.

As I've said in this and similar threads, weather textures are one of those things where everyone has their own perceptions and opinions, and impressions about what is realisitc. Weather engines on the other hand are not nearly as subjective as textures are, especially for those who REALLY pay attention and in particular when there are issues.

Remember, we are in a community where people have significantly different experience and knowledge levels but write and offer opinions as if they were indisputable fact. There is no changing that, so if we feel a strong need to disagree then we should make an extra effort to be respectful. If you come across someone who wants to nitpick or take things out of context (not suggesting that happened here) just ignore them. Arguing with someone like that won't get you anywhere and you'll only get dragged down to that level.

My very best wishes to everyone.

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.