Sign in to follow this  
FireRx

PTA update for Prepar3D v4.4

20 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

Calling it self indulgent feels more like your way of justifying your initial "blather". I was asked for an explanation, I gave one, it wasn't good enough, so I went a little deeper. I don't particularly enjoy having to share the intricacies of my life with people just so they'll get off my case.

I paid someone 50% of the agreed figure to convert PTA to a different language and then they took the money and ran. Thankfully they were pretty dumb and it was all done via Escrow so I got it all back. I am still looking for someone. 

Regarding 4.5, yeah NDA. 

I'm pretty good at proving people wrong - that's what I've had to do my entire life. 

Thanks Matt, Thats kind of the honest update I was looking for initially :) Good luck, hope it comes together for you...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Matt, as a business owner for many years, may I please offer a suggestion:

Rarely is it a good idea to discuss personal issues with customers...just don't do it. It's none of their business.

This is business, treat it as such.

Kind Regards,

Steven Miller

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

44 minutes ago, somiller said:

Matt, as a business owner for many years, may I please offer a suggestion:

Rarely is it a good idea to discuss personal issues with customers...just don't do it. It's none of their business.

This is business, treat it as such.

Kind Regards,

Steven Miller

Quite so, I didnt need or want the personal parts, the info limited to what was happening with PTA was suffficient.

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

I think the AVSIM moderators should probably close this thread as it branched out to completely irrelevant details. 

10 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

IIRC you confirmed in the past that you bought a new BMW with profits from PTA?

6 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

I personally dont give a hoot what you do with the money

54 minutes ago, DAL213 said:

I think the AVSIM moderators should probably close this thread as it branched out to completely irrelevant details. 

Perhaps in this thread folks are learning much more than they ever anticipated when they spent their money on PTA...

Greg

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, MattS said:

Im afraid you quoted me out of context.  I said as long as PTA was delivered.  I would consider it highly relevant IF any product isnt updated as advertised AND the developer makes off with a pile of cash.

Conversely, if a product is delivered as promised they're welcome to as much profit as they can make out of it :)

Regardless, we all now know a little more about what, if anything, is happening to PTA, and can draw our own conclusions as to likely timeframes.  

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

xaP1VAU.png

Enough now. You have your answers, keep your eyes peeled for any further updates developments and then take it from there. 

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk