Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,2 things1. My post about the autopilot above was not correct I think, as the needle wiil swing round to 0deg when you press 'd' to set the heading correctly- so that idea is out the window!2. A very obtrusive shadow appeared as I made a water landing-- and what amazing water it is.first two, no shadowhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154274.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154275.jpgSecond two show the shadowhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154276.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154277.jpgI had the water maxed and everything else down to minimum.Andy.

Of course Jeff, you are right, sorry for the confusion.Regarding the scenery, what I actually ment was the airport itself (at least the runway).So that even if you don't have additional scenery packages installed, you could still fly the approach. This was the case in FS2004, but there you didn't have the IGS signal.What could pe put by default (the minimum that you need to fly that) is:- runway,- IGS signalHappy landings,Cristi

>Of course Jeff, you are right, sorry for the confusion.>>Regarding the scenery, what I actually ment was the airport>itself (at least the runway).>So that even if you don't have additional scenery packages>installed, you could still fly the approach. This was the case>in FS2004, but there you didn't have the IGS signal.>>What could pe put by default (the minimum that you need to fly>that) is:>- runway,>- IGS signalThat's already been done... several times in fact. Look in the library. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,As my son pointed out(!)the shadow is flat, as if we're on land and that makes it doubly odd to look at. There's still no differentiating land and seabases on the airport listing and this is frustrating, especially as MS have seen fit to give us a seaplane in the default!Andy.

Howdy,I had similar texture problems and others, then decided to add another gig of RAM to the original one gig installed. That cleared it up for me. Also made switching views etc much faster.Hope this helps. Note: my spec below still show only 1 gig, should read 2.

Hi Folks, Don't know if this is an FSX Demo issue but thought I'd start here.First of all, thanks to MS/Aces for the Demo. It has taken a bit of a learning period (as any new program would), but I do like what I see. Also, it gives all a chance to prepare and learn before the real FSX comes out.I have an Athlon 2X64 4200 dual core processor and have some questions.When I first start the FSX demo I'm operating on one core and the graph (in Task Manager) shows that core pegged at the top while it reads about 50%. Then I do the routine which was suggested in other posts to uncheck the "Affinity" box for core 2, go back to fsx, then go back and check the "Affinity" box for core 2. Then when you check "Performance" you see that both cores are operating. Great! The above dual core enabling routine has to be done each time you start FSX Demo. Now for my questions:1. Will the final FSX require that we manually enable dual core or will it do so automatically?2. I noticed that anytime I change from full screen to windowed mode, I lose dual core operation and have to do the enable routine again. Same happens if I resize a windowed screen. I didn't know if that's a Demo issue or not, but wanted to bring it to attention.Once again, I think the demo overall has been very helpful.Have a good day.

Just wonder if anyone else has seen this. FS9 objects which have materials which have no texture (i.e. they are color only) do not show the colors. Textures are fine.

>box for core 2. Then when you check "Performance" you see>that both cores are operating. Great! The above dual core>enabling routine has to be done each time you start FSX Demo. >>You don't say if this actually HELPS your performance in FSX or not.Does it help things? Frame rates? Smoothness? Did you use SHIFT-Z and compare frame rates?Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Just wonder if anyone else has seen this. FS9 objects which>have materials which have no texture (i.e. they are color>only) do not show the colors. Textures are fine.>>There are lots of objects in the Demo that are presently un-textured.The readme explained all about it.Rhett

Rhett

That's true, but if I read it correctly it refers to textures related to objects in FSX. I'm referring to FS9 objects placed in FSX. The textures for those object display correctly. However if the object contains materials which are color only (that is have no associated texture) then the color is not diplayed.

>That's true, but if I read it correctly it refers to textures>related to objects in FSX. I'm referring to FS9 objects>placed in FSX. The textures for those object display>correctly. However if the object contains materials which are>color only (that is have no associated texture) then the color>is not diplayed. Non-textured objects apparently are no longer supported.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>That's true, but if I read it correctly it refers to textures>related to objects in FSX. I'm referring to FS9 objects>placed in FSX. The textures for those object display>correctly. However if the object contains materials which are>color only (that is have no associated texture) then the color>is not diplayed. >Oh sorry Jon I didn't catch that you meant FS9 objects put into FSX...Been in a hurry today...I am glad you brought that to my attention though...Rhett

Rhett

Guest SIDDickDastardly

I noticed in the demo that it still isn't possible to assign four different commands to the directions of a joystick hatswitch. Could this possibly be changed so that if you use the hatswitch for anything other than "View(pan)" it is treated as four separate buttons?Also on the subject of assigning keys, would it be possible to add a print button to the UI so we could print off a list of all the commands with the corresponding keypresses/joystick buttons we've assigned, preferably organised by category?Many thanks,DD

In theory, the same thing can be done by in software using the SetThreadAffinityMask API call. However, this is not necesarilly a good idea and may actaully degrade performance depending on the nature of the application. The MSDN documentation cautions us:"Setting an affinity mask for a process or thread can result in threads receiving less processor time, as the system is restricted from running the threads on certain processors. In most cases, it is better to let the system select an available processor."

Guest EdrickV

It seems to me that redefining the hatswitch as seperate buttons is something that ought to be done through your joystick config program rather then FSX. I've done that with my X45 (in one particular mode) and it works fine. Now if your joystick config program can't handle that, then I can't really help you. "Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."