Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest tdragger

If you have an Xbox 360 controller you can map different commands to each direction of the d-pad.

Maybe I'm lucky, but the demo works very well for my middling rig - AMD 4000+, Geforce 6800GT, 2 gig RAM. I run it with everything maxed out, framerate locked on 27, and it's gorgeous! Only one bug:my Baron lacks a pilot. Only three criticisms: the framerate drop when flying low over forests, the irritating shimmer of trees - cured with mipmap on my 2004, but how on FSX? - and the sharp joins of grass to runway and land to water. Otherwise, full of good things, like the facility to take and print screenshots, and the Map that shows islands in 3d. For me the biggest improvements over 2004 are the realistic countryside, with its variation of field, crop and forest, and a landscape which stretches to the horizon, rather than shading off to a featureless blur. Slew to 10,000 feet, and in 2004 the neighbouring islands are flat. But in FSX they're in 3d. Brilliant!

Guest lnuss

I've tried to takeoff with the Baron on RW 27 with winds from 0 with 16 knots and noticed that the aircraft tends to turn into the wind. I'm not an aircraft engineer, but I doubt that this is really realistic.The wind blowing on the vertical fin has more effect than it does on the rest of the aircraft. In real life this is particularly noticeable in light taildraggers. So yes, the aircraft will tend to turn into the wind, just as a weathervane will do (in fact it's called weathervaning).

>>6. In the Ultralight, the arms don't always move when>turning,>>sometimes the hands only move looking like the hand has>>"detached" from the arm.>>It's likely that the 9800 doesn't support the instructions>needed for smooth animations. If so you won't get wing flex or>animated jetways either. You might to consider a video card>upgrade.>Just tried the trike and in spot view the hands and arms move naturally, hand remains attached to arm :-).AMD 2500+ BartonATi RAdeon 9800Pro (not the all-in-one in case that makes a difference).As the original poster says "don't always move....." suggesting it is an intermittent problem, could it be a resource problem, i.e. low frame rates causing the sim to concentrate on other things?

Two sound issues I haven't seen mentioned.The sounds are much quiter than in FS9. I have the sliders in FSX set the same as in FS9, the Windows speaker volume and the speakers physical volume set as for FS9.In spot view the sounds have a persistant 'tick', almost like a crackle.SB Audigy 2 sound card, h/ware acel set at basic.

I was just thinking about that the other day. A person could write a dual-core emulator, which would in effect give you two cpu's which in real world conditions would run about half the speed of your cpu. I don't know...sounds kind of weird. It would not surprise me if something similar is out there, for research purposes at the least...Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest EdrickV

Did some more testing on this and found out something. If I set Water_Effects to anything higher then 3 I loose Detail_Texture in certain areas. I'm really hoping this bug won't be in the full version because Detail_Texture is one of the settings I base my FlightSim config around, but I'd like to have the new water too. :) "Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest andyjohnston

Here's one I haven't seen reported.I loaded up a FS9 aircraft that I built to see if it would work in FSX. It immediately flipped over backwards and crashed, so I let it load again, same thing. So I let it load a third time, and this time hit slew just before it could crash. I switched to an exterior view and could see there was smoke already pouring off the aircraft.So I switched into the default ultralight, but the smoke was still coming off of it. I took off, eventually changed into that other aircraft again, continued to fly, all the while with smoke coming out. I eventually landed (I don't know why it was crashing, I'll have to look into that myself) taxied to the gate which I had been assigned, then taxied for fuel (in the old days getting fuel would also fix the aircraft) switched to the Baron and took off again, all the while still belching thick black smoke.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154482.jpgAlso, when I was assigned a gate, I was given one that was already occupied by another aircraft.

Guest Badger

Can someone help me out.I can't find the NAV/GPS switch in the Beech 58 VC.Its there in the 2D panel, but its not in the same place in the VC and I think I've looked everywhere, but I can't find it.MarkDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 300GB SATA RAID 0 | 256MB ATI Radeon X850 PE (Catalyst 6.7) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | Saitek X52 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c

Same issues relative to the second (or third) monitors with the Radion 9800 Pro including in windows mode.1. Other issues: Anomalie Spiking of scnenry objects.2. Cannot pan in cockpit view even with the FSX.cfg edit that worked in FS9.3. Assignments for the CH yoke buttons do not work for some options: (i.e. trim, flaps, reverse thrust (throttle) etc.Not meant as bad mouthing a beta, just some things I have tried. School is still out IMHO. Could be a wonderful advancement. Unfortunately, could be only a few icings on the cake at a pretty dandy price over FS9.RTH

Already done that.The text messages are still present that brakes are applied, however, the operation of the aircraft appears that this is false, ane that they are not applied.Thanks:RTH

Ummm.How did you adjust sensitivity? All I have indicated (that I have discovered thus far) are ailerons, rudders, and the elevators.Thanks:RTH