Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest elias800

First time I used flight simulator was in 1986, with version 2 of the game. I was 10 years old. It was on an Amiga 2000 and I was ecstatic with the

Guest Elvi5

FSX still feels too much like FS9 dragging a heavy ball n' chain.Terrible performance. Awful Terrain engine. Amateur texturing.Do MS engineers double as artists?You guys have to become more art driven & stop relying on data driven technology.

>FSX still feels too much like FS9 dragging a heavy ball n'>chain.>>Terrible performance. Awful Terrain engine. Amateur>texturing.>Do MS engineers double as artists?>You guys have to become more art driven & stop relying on data>driven technology.>>>What are you talking about, try and wipe the dust off your screen, the textures are superb.

Guest FalcoNg

I cant seem to hear any ATC transimissions although I can see the text. I am also unable to here any of the audio for the missions. I have the voices slider set to full right.

Guest Elvi5

The textures may well be superb. Unfortunately when running at 15FPS & suffering from severe blurring, its kind of hard to see them.Considering the same area runs at 100+ fps under FS9. MS have developed an absolute disgrace. All the old bad features are still present in abundance. Most the new features are disappointing, poor performing or for the most part, just aimed at the mainstream crowd.DX10 isn't going to save them. Vista will only make it worst initially.It'll be the end of 2007 before DX10 cards are stable & optimized enough to shift mess at a decent FPS.Only Microsoft engineers can improve this by optimizing their Jurassic engine about 800%.& please for the love of god, upgrade the ATC.

Guest Speed

That happened to me too. Check your audio control panel and that voice output is going to your speakers and not your headset.

>The textures may well be superb. Unfortunately when running>at 15FPS & suffering from severe blurring, its kind of hard to>see them.>>Considering the same area runs at 100+ fps under FS9. MS have>developed an absolute disgrace. All the old bad features are>still present in abundance. Most the new features are>disappointing, poor performing or for the most part, just>aimed at the mainstream crowd.>>DX10 isn't going to save them. Vista will only make it worst>initially.>It'll be the end of 2007 before DX10 cards are stable &>optimized enough to shift mess at a decent FPS.>>Only Microsoft engineers can improve this by optimizing their>Jurassic engine about 800%.>>& please for the love of god, upgrade the ATC.>>>Out of curiosity, could you use your time machine to get me the lottery numbers for next week? I would split the winnings with you.

>That happened to me too. Check your audio control panel and>that voice output is going to your speakers and not your>headset.>>I completely forgot that you could split those. I'll have to do that.

Guest alex333

>>The textures may well be superb. Unfortunately when running>>at 15FPS & suffering from severe blurring, its kind of hard>to>>see them.>>>>Considering the same area runs at 100+ fps under FS9. MS>have>>developed an absolute disgrace. All the old bad features are>>still present in abundance. Most the new features are>>disappointing, poor performing or for the most part, just>>aimed at the mainstream crowd.>>>>DX10 isn't going to save them. Vista will only make it worst>>initially.>>It'll be the end of 2007 before DX10 cards are stable &>>optimized enough to shift mess at a decent FPS.>>>>Only Microsoft engineers can improve this by optimizing>their>>Jurassic engine about 800%.>>>>& please for the love of god, upgrade the ATC.>>>>>>>>Out of curiosity, could you use your time machine to get me>the lottery numbers for next week? I would split the winnings>with you.Me too.Anyway, Elvi5, did you happen to read the readme? ;)

Guest TerraBay

Bug:Enabled SNOW and you will see that you actually fly through a tunnel with snow-textures placed around this tunnel. Looks pretty ugly.Also on ground, the snow-flakes seem to nearly not move.Looks like the snow-system is still too hot with bugs =)

Guest shoreboy31

>Bug:>>Enabled SNOW and you will see that you actually fly through a>tunnel with snow-textures placed around this tunnel. Looks>pretty ugly.>>Also on ground, the snow-flakes seem to nearly not move.>>Looks like the snow-system is still too hot with bugs =) I guess Aces figured that noone would try to load with snow since the demo is based in the Carribean :) Possibly even made it a carribean location because of this problem? lol

Guest virginiaplane

Hi It installed great on my low spec vista beta machineathlon xp 1.2 radeon 9800pro 768mb ramIm positive

>Try flying the ultralight around the lighthouse and the>container ship there are seagulls!! :)Thanks, but I tried that, couldn't find any :(I tried some different settings, at the end I had a lot of things up on full (everything in the scenery part, full car/ship/boat traffic). It made everything look great, but a bit hard on performance ;) But I think the performance was better than I expected, got 7-10 fps when flying around between the lighthouse and container ship, maybe a bit less when I had a lot of the island i sight.What settings are you using, maybe I missed something that makes animals appear?I saw a shadow in the water, which kind of resembled a whale, but since I've been seeing a lot of sailing ship shadows without the boat, it could have been one of them...I'm going to try some more around that area now, hopefully I'll fins something :)Klas

Guest tmholopa

well said, alex. i am with you