Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest tdragger

>See the image. It appears theres an almost straight line>where the runway water effects stop. I am using an Nvidia>7800gtx video card.>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/153853.txt>That looks like mip maps on the specular texture. Does changing any of the filtering options on your video card (in the display settings dialog) help at all.

Guest tdragger

>1. Graphics glitches - anything from strange shadows covering>parts of the aircraft and blinking with the aircraft lightsThis is bug with the aircraft self-shadowing code. It will be fixed in the final but in the meantime you can either turn off your lights or disable self-shadowing (in Settings | Display | Aircraft).

>>hi, with settings for step size i mean that you need about>5>>minutes to "walk" from the back of the CRJ to the front in>>outside view. would be nice to adjust these settings from>>"walking" to "running".>>>>just found the settings for head movement in the fsx.cfg but>>not for the outside view.>>>>greez bergziege>>Sorry, still lost since we don't have a "walking" function as>far as I know. What are you doing to get the behavior your>seeing.Could he be referring to the pan speed in one of the external views?

Guest Bergziege

ok, may you dont know what i mean because i dont know how you would call the function.here we go:you have two views outside the plane (not tower)one where you can pan and zoom with the aircraft centered and the other one where the camera is linked to the aircraft but can pan away from the aircraft.at the beaver you can select views like "left float" or "right float".if i now move the position of the camera with "shift + backspace" or "strg + backspace" it takes a very long time to move the camera to a new position. if you try moving the camera at the CRJ it will take you about 2 minutes to move from the back of the plane to the cockpit.i just want to know if there is any way to move the camera faster. i just imagine to move along a 747. that would take 4 minutes or more.hope you know what i mean !? its like the extendet outside view from the FS9 recorder module where you can view your airplane from various positions.greez bergziege

Guest CDAhmedEH

>>6. In the Ultralight, the arms don't always move when>turning,>>sometimes the hands only move looking like the hand has>>"detached" from the arm.>>It's likely that the 9800 doesn't support the instructions>needed for smooth animations. If so you won't get wing flex or>animated jetways either. You might to consider a video card>upgrade.>Well I did see wingflex on the 747 that took off after I did the CRJ Landing Mission. But I am planning to get a ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon X800 XT, will that make a difference in performance ? I can't get a better one since my motherboard dosen't support PCIe and don't plan to get one for the next two years.

Guest A32X

I'm having troubles with my CH USB pedals & FSX too.

I thought I saw flowating buildings too around TNCM, but on closer observation the bottoms of the buildings were being obscured by the fence around the airport.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Allright then again,After having instaled the demo of FSX in a Windows XP environment, today I have installed it in a Windows vista environment, (a different HDD on the same rig)I must say, there is a couple of neat things as I've already posted.:-)But the overall impression is kinda of "pre alpha".High hopes are given from Microsoft about the efficiency of Direct X 10 and the "Games friendliness" of Vista. Well, after installing FSX in Vista let me tell you (hopefully because the beta status of the OS and the graphic card drivers),that there is no difference whatsoever between Vista - DX 10 and XP DX 9.3 at this time. Lockups of the demo and all the issues mentioned in this thread were on both OS's and DX versions at the order of the day, spoiling the enjoyment.And another couple of things... - The nice reflections on the water come - even at midday - ONLY from the moon...- If you rise the traffic General aviation and Airline both to 100 % ALL the textures - airplane and terrain go extremely blurry.Overall, I'm not impressed. MUCH work is to be done on both FSX - DX10 and the OS Vista... x( AC5

I'd suggest trying a driver update first. I also have a 128MB 9800 Pro and see none of those problems with either the Cat 6.1's or the Cat 6.7's (but the framerate really takes a hit with the 6.7's).Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I modified the filtering options and its still the same. But I will keep trying a few more times..

The smartest thing about this Demo is that I can test my planes, and get ready for the transition to FSX :). All GMAX/FSDS2 planes work, which is quite predictable. However, the FDEs will need a LOT of tweaking in some instances! Panels may also need a lot of tweaking.The down side: I don't like the MIP MAP effect on some of the aircraft textures ... too much blur (I checked for MIP MAPS in the textures, and there are none). The attached pic shows how a slight texturing error gets accentuated by the MIPMAP blur effect:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/153887.jpg

I am very satisfied with the flight models and the ground handling, Good job! I wonder why nobody mentions this, they are the best default fm's ever. Some issues with the demo: 1.It seems my graphic card (Ati 9800pro cat 5.6) cannot display correctly textures with mips, either they are dds or dxt3 format (imported planes from FS9). They appear very blurry. When I remove the mips they look ok - very sharp. 2.What happened to the VC rain effects? No animated textures is FSX?Thanks to the aces team for their effort, the demo, and their support to the FS community. :)

Guest Len

Maxing a lot of the features except AI, clouds, traffic, water traffic, (each 50% or lower particularly AI around 20%) at 1280 x 1024 32 bit I get about 5 fps on the ground. With default aircraft this is bad. I can imagine with an addon aircraft it would be unflyable. I have a good rig as below will indicate. This is a demo of course but there's going to have to be some serious optimization for this version to show any difference than FS9. Otherwise we're left with cranking everything back and hence the only difference with FS9 without addon mesh, terrain, etc., would be the water, reflections and some related features (such as the wet tarmac). FS9 with the addons (such as UT, new textures and mesh) and maxed out features can achieve very good frames with addon aircraft. This would include high AI and maxed out cloud density.P4 3.6 ghz HT, 1 gig ram, Radeon X800XT PCIe 256 mb.

Guest Coneman

Yes, I think it must be the trees that are causing the problem for me too. With Autogen on normal, I have fewer houses than FS9, but trees all over the place. I have autogen maxed in FS9 with no problems, but I'm really getting hit in FSX. Terrain is set on 2m, water 1.x and terrain detail checked. Mesh complex 89, res 38. When flying by forested terrain, the land textures will go blurry, I assume from low resources. But thanks for the hard work on the demo guys, if this can be smoothed out somewhat, it will be a jewel. The atmospheric effects at altitude are stunning.Cheers,ToddAMD 64 3000+, ATi 9500 Pro 128mb, Asus K8N, 1Gig DDR3200

Guest jcomm

A few issues...THE TURN & SLIP INDICATOR BUG:Yes, it's here, inherited from past versions. The ball works the wrong way because it is tied to the wrong internal variable, and it tends to center even if you have an engine failure in you twin, suggesting you shouldn't mind about using your feet to counteract that tendency... And the turn indicator STILL doesn't measure standard rate turns - they will not last 2' as they're supposed to...THE LEANING BUG:Yes, you still will find that as you lean your mixture above 5000' the Fuel Flow will start rising, inititaly, and only after a few steps wil it go down, as it should right from the begining. This has to do with a long time documented bug in the engine model which makes FF directly depend on engine RPM...THE RW SIDESLIP BUG:The rw sideways friction, as well as rolling, are still wrong. On takeoff/landing run, under crosswind, your aircraft will sideslip accross the rw as if the tires didn't present sufficient sideways drag, and the Canadair should taxi at iddle N1 at medium TOWs...