Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest baksteen33

Re: Geforce sys sub panels disappearing: Solved with a later driver (81.95).

Guest lemonadedrinker

Great demo- though why time limit it? It just means we start it again and have to go back where we were!! It's enough you can only fly in a limited area and that would never stop you buying the full pack when it comes out.ATC seemed really improved and a talking active copilot is a great step forward!The views are going to take a bit of getting used to and the copilot view in the VC had very slow panning, but it all seems tremendous. I'll fiddle some more and think of other things to say.Andy.xp sp22.4 gig p4512 mb ramcordless mouse and cheap speakersthe demo running at 20fps and getting that, although some texturing of the planes taking up to 10 seconds or so to come up

Guest waltpd

ATC seemed really improved and a talking active copilot is a great step forward!Hmmmmm. I think that is just for the mission.Try ATC using the flight planner and you will find it is EXACTLY the same.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,OK I'll try that! What a pity if that's not carried over into the 'free flight' part. Oh well.Andy.

Guest CDAhmedEH

Hello,I found another bug ; I noticed that the airport in Saba has no runway. When pick it in the airport list, I can only select Active Runway, there is no gates or runway number. When I select the airport I find myself on empty land...

I think you are on the right track with services. I do have a c:program filesInstallShield folder, and it has some subfolders inside it, which appear to be "magic folders" (registry keys).Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi,I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question but here goes.I have installed the demo but when starting the program I am getting a message " flight simulator cannot run because the version of direcx is not compatable.According to dxdiag the version of directx that is installed is version 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)I cant reinstall from fs9 disk because I understand that you cant go backwards with fs9 and the version that I have was just downloaded from microsoft.Anybody have any ideas what I can do??Larry

You probably have a corrupted install of DX. First thing I would do is run DXDIAG and see what it reports about the various DX components, and then go from there.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

P4 3.4G2G ramGeForce 6800CH YokeCH RuddersOnly problem I've had so far - in the Flour Power demo - every 3rd flour bomb drop generates a "direct collision" crash and ends the mission. Tried staying at altitude at start and pressing ctl-d 3 times - sho nuf - crash.Everything else seems ok. Getting high teens in most flights. Some stutter issues when low over water. So far so good. Some interesting things to look forward to when they get finalized.Not to be a "ditto" but MUST thank the ACES team for this business model with the extra level of participation. You might get a few flames but I generally believe all simmers are greatly appreciative for the open attitude.Thanx,VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest amras_telemnar

I have tried to download and install FS X about seven times without any luck. Three of these times the .exe file wasn't big enough and couldn't run. Twice the Defaul~1.cab and Defaul~2.cab has been corrupt, and these last two times only the Defaul~2.cab was corrupt.I am running Windows Xp Pro SP2 x32 newly installed. I have downloaded via Gamespot.com, Download.com, Microsoft.com and Gamespy.com with FireFox and Internet Explorer.Is there some way to repair these .cab files or anything? I am getting really frustrated.

Guest Speed

The top menu never goes away for me. I have tried ALT key but it doesnt get rid of it. Anyone else have this issue?

Hi, May not be a problem in reality. I'm considering buying a payware aircraft and e-mailed the company wanting to know if the aircraft will be updated when FSX is released. They replied that the aircraft would work in FSX using an installer designed specifically for FSX, due to the different file structure. I have high hopes that most FS9 aircraft will work in FSX.

system:Asus K8NE-Deluxe nforce3AMD Atlon 64 3400+1.5 Gig DDR 3200 (Kingston)EVGA geForce 6800GT 256Meg 8xAGPATA100 WD hard driveThe very first time I hit 'Fly Now', I got a blank screen with cursor that disappears(like FS9). After about 30 seconds I hit 'ESC', end flight, fly now - and then I got the 'loading/building messages' and then it worked. I haven't seen the problem a second time.some of the problems I've seen:the same rain effect 'circle' that wingnut1 and aerdt have mentioned. I found thatit wont exist until you leave the ground and get above a certain altitude (800' AGLis enough). The hard 'shadow circle' seems to be there always.there are lots of flashing layers in the clouds. I've seen flashing white layers withfair weather cumulus and an incredible amount of flashing with overcast and rain.I first had the dark cockpit problem with 'grey and rainy' and you could cycle through the views to solve it except in the CRJ. Today(Aug 13) that problemseems to have disappeared. not sure why.- objects are visible through overcast layers(minor annoyance)- instant weather change thing still exists. (hoping for a change)(REALLY hoping!)- no reflection on water from sun; moon reflection too bright.(it seems this was solved once before so I'm not sure why its here again)Beech Baron NAV2 radio tune spot misaligned.If you open the radio stack (shift-2) in the Baron and then ATC comes on it willautohide the radio stack for a second and then bring it back.in replay mode - when viewing from spot plane - there is this weird 'catch up and then drop behind' thing going on.problem with stars: I started a flight before sunrise and there were a gazillion stars and then a few minutes later I had a handful of very bright stars and thena few minutes after that I noticed that more stars were reappearing. ( skies were clear)I have only two missions. not sure if thats a mistake or not. I haven't checked themissions at all other than to see what was there.(don't really care - its just a demo)The demo is great (IMO)I love the fact that there are lighthouses (dont ever remember seeing them before) -and there are birds (which I was sure I had seen and then I could not find them againand so I thought I was just seeing things but then others said they saw them. I thinkits just a certain combination of settings for your machines capabilities that get them to show up.I'd love to see more of them but I don't know how.trees are great. water is great. I love the swampy areas in amongst the trees.head bob is good. 'get up and go' feel is good.I get decent performance (great if I don't look around much or turn - that ain't gonnahappen!). I only get bogged down with medium-high settings and above.My objection is that the building textures don't all seem to be of high quality. Some ofthem are great but most don't look anything like the screenshot previews. maybeI haven't found the right filter to use yet.suggestion/request: can the fuel/payload settings be adjusted with mousewheel?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

>Sorry, still lost since we don't have a "walking" function as>far as I know. What are you doing to get the behavior your>seeing.Why not ? Is it to late to implement it ? It could be a great way for preflight visit or walk into the plane during international flights... Thanks !

Guest EdrickV

You could try using GetRight (www.getright.com) and downloading from Microsoft's site. Sounds to me like something's going wrong during downloading."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."