Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

ORGANIZED thread for FSX demo issues

Guest tdragger

Well, let me correct myself. While it's true that we only list what the driver reports that it's capable of, we do exclude some lower resolutions because our UI requires 1027x768. However, since we know many people will want to run on 720 devices we just changed this the other day to include these modes. Note, though, that the main UI will be cut off when running in 720 vertical res.

Well, I solved my anti-aliasing problem by updating my drivers from 71.?? to 91.31 but I still have problems with rain.I still get the 'hard shadow circle'(that appears on runway and tarmac)and the pixelated water reflection problem. I also develop flashingwater along with these other problems. It won't start unless its rainingand I get a few hundred feet off the ground. when I see a 'white' runwaythen I know its been turned on (whatever turns it on)NOTE to ACES: Please let us know if this is just a demo specific thing. Is the problem fixed or being fixed?system: AMD Athlon64 3400+; 1.5Gig DDR3200; 6800GT(91.31) 256Meg 8x AGPthe ships and planes and airport buildings all look really good with antialiasingturned on. the autogen seems to get a slight/moderate improvement.I got my birds back by decreasing water to 1.high. I made no other changes ( mid level settings). its a system thing.neither mission works for me:flour bombs cause a crash 1/2 the time. flour bombs go right throughtarget.I tried to load the CRJ landing mission and my system locked up showingan elongated 'briefing' screen.also: the red beacon flashes inside the VC of the Beaver.and that dang time limit has bitten me several times now (just about to land and then...'thank you for trying the FSX demo'...arrggghhh! - ha!)

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Guest possum

System is Emachines w3400 Amd 64 3000+(1.99ghz)768 megs of ram VisionTek Xtasy x300 SE HypermemoryWhen i fly the flour bomb mission i can drop bombs by pressing shift+d but when i set up my xbox controller to drop when i press the right joystick button it crashes the computer when i try to drop one. Only happens if i press the controller button works fine when i use shift+d.

Guest EdrickV

Are you using the most recent videocard drivers? That's always the first thing to check out when you have graphic related problems. (There are some things that seem to be missing textures, but those show up black and that's not the issue here.) You could also try raising/lowering the various settings."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest EdrickV

For some reason DetailTexture=1 only seems to work properly for me from spot view on my GeForce 7600GT."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest EdrickV

And FYI, I have no idea how that "attachment" thing came to be there since I didn't attach anything."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

yea thanks for your reply, maybe its something wrong with my GPU / CPU or ram?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Hi,just a suggestion.I know it is closed now, but please give us the Kai Tak airport at Hong Kong. If possible it would be great to include also the ILS signal for the IGS 13 approach and the checkerboard.Many thanks,Cristi

Guest nikonikoniko

However, since we know many people will want to run>on 720 devices we just changed this the other day to include>these modes. Note, though, that the main UI will be cut off>when running in 720 vertical res.thank you very much! this is good news!On the other hand I was a bit disappointed with the UI, it's basically fs2004 with lots of clicking and needless scrolling (only a couple of lines visible at a time even when screen is huge etc.)some things I noticed with my second test:1. pressing alt while fullscreen doesn't pause simulator and this is bad since while navigating menus you may even crash :) don't know if there's a setting for this...2. where can I configure views, like make the spot view above the plane and not pan gradully?3. I tried to resize the gps-window, and I could make it larger but not smaller ever again after enlarging (scaling if very welcome)and then the time limit hit me :) demo looks promising but is quite buggy (graphics get messed up and after exiting simulator I usually need to reboot to make windows work again)... but I wish you good luck finishing it! maybe a second beta demo is in order??

Guest jgreth123

>Hi,>>just a suggestion.>I know it is closed now, but please give us the Kai Tak>airport at Hong Kong. If possible it would be great to include>also the ILS signal for the IGS 13 approach and the>checkerboard.>>Many thanks,>CristiILS is Instrument Landing SystemIGS is Instrument Guidance SystemSince the approach required a 47 degree right turn the last 2nm on final they couldn't use an ILS. The IGS just gets you on to the right glidepath up to the 2nm point. An actual ILS would allow the signal to guide the plane down to the runway.I'm sure you knew this Cristi. I was just posting for those who may have been confused / not know about the IGS/ILS differences ( since you used 'ILS signal' above ).As for the scenery, I don't think they should include it by default, but with the new SDK I sure hope someone can recreate it in all its glory. The best FS9 package was made for like FS2002 and looks very cartoonish.

OK. After playing around a bit thought I'd pass on my results for posterity.System is P4 3.4 - 2G ram - Intel 945GAV mobo - GeForce 4 6800/256Used ENditAll to remove non essential processes ( I always do this)Selected the Baron - Thunderstorms - default airport - middayAll scenery sliders maxed except Autogen which was NormalTrilinear on - antialiasing off - aircraft shodows on self - offeverything else set default1280x1024x32 on Viewsonic 19" TFT MonitorFull screen modeIn lighter clouds - 18 - 20fps ( maxed at 20)In dark Tclouds - 12 - 14fpsAt 2500' - no issues - skimming the water at 500' - scenery draw was slow but not annoying or an issue.Occasional greyout of scenery through windshield ( NOT cloud) - cycling thru the views cleared it up.All in all, it was flyable and FPS was not jerky.thanx,VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest Badger

Hi there,I can trim for level flight, but as soon as I then move the joystick, it seems that the trim I've set returns to normal and I have to retrim again.I can't add trim while holding the joystick at any other setting than neutral.Flying the BeaverSaitek X52

Did you try to side slip? What happened and what were you expecting?In the very limited flying that I have done so far in FSX, the new version's flight dynamics feel significantly better than in FS2K4. Perhaps it is just smoother, but something feels better to me. This is especially true of the FS2K4 planes I have tried in it. But, not being an expert, that's all I can say.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg