Sign in to follow this  
por930

Carenado PC12 and RXP GTN 750 for FSX only?

I was just looking at the Carendo sale and interested in the PC12 for my P3Dv4.3, but I will want to fit the Reality GTN 750 in it. I see on the Carendo site they make the specific statement a few times that the Reality GTN750 only works in FSX and not P3D? I would have thought, he with no experience, that the Reality GTN 750 would work in the same a/c with the F1 GTN 750. I seem to recall seeing a post by Bert implying he had it fitted...but maybe he has a FSX machine

Geoff Bryce

Hi,

Obviously you know better than this! The Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch is compatible with ALL FltSim version known to date: FS9, FSX-SP2, FSX-ACC, FSX-SE, ESP, P3D1, P3D2, P3D3 and P3D4. Furthermore, it is compatible with all these simulators with the same level of functionality, the same higher standards for 32 bits graphics (yes even in FS9!), the same live in-sim panel assistant and device settings!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

4 hours ago, por930 said:

I was just looking at the Carendo sale and interested in the PC12 for my P3Dv4.3, but I will want to fit the Reality GTN 750 in it. I see on the Carenado site they make the specific statement a few times that the Reality GTN750 only works in FSX and not P3D? I would have thought, he with no experience, that the Reality GTN 750 would work in the same a/c with the F1 GTN 750. I seem to recall seeing a post by Bert implying he had it fitted...but maybe he has a FSX machine

That is old news, as in really out of date old news.. disregard!

Bert

Bert. Thanks for the reply. I did wonder if the news was old or for some reason they decided to not update the info. BTW,I just sent you a message asking the same. Disregard.

Bill. Thanks for the advice. BTW, how did you take the screen pic? Recently, I used to use the snipping tool, but for some reason, it is NOW not happy taking pics of the P3D screen, which blanks out opaque when ready to take the pic??

Geoff Bryce

13 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi,

Obviously you know better than this! The Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch is compatible with ALL FltSim version known to date: FS9, FSX-SP2, FSX-ACC, FSX-SE, ESP, P3D1, P3D2, P3D3 and P3D4. Furthermore, it is compatible with all these simulators with the same level of functionality, the same higher standards for 32 bits graphics (yes even in FS9!), the same live in-sim panel assistant and device settings!

Thanks for the reply Jean-Luc. Yes, I sort of figured as much. It just seemed a strange up front, very restrictive statement from Carendo. OK, no worries. I will get the PC12 and start the journey with the Reality GTN 750 

Geoff Bryce

19 minutes ago, por930 said:

Bill. Thanks for the advice. BTW, how did you take the screen pic? Recently, I used to use the snipping tool, but for some reason, it is NOW not happy taking pics of the P3D screen, which blanks out opaque when ready to take the pic??

Glad you got  it all working.
The V key is the screenshot key. Screenshots are saved in your P3D pictures folder. I use Imgur for screenshots https://imgur.com/upload Then I copy the BBCode (Forums) address and paste in forum post.

Edited by BillS511
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

Glad you got  it all working.
The V key is the screenshot key. Screenshots are saved in your P3D pictures folder. I use Imgur for screenshots https://imgur.com/upload Then I copy the BBCode (Forums) address and paste in forum post.

I am just about to purchase the PC12. I wanted to make sure sure that the Reality GTN was ok before purchase. Hopefully, all will go well...

$%^&*amazing. I never knew we could take pics from within P3D...I was looking the other day and wondered how to take pics so I can display issues on the forum. Umm, they are quite large MB size. As I recall, imgur reduces their size for posting. I often debated over which imgur format. Thanks for that.

Geoff Bryce

16 hours ago, BillS511 said:

@por930
If an aircraft accepts an F1 GTN750 it'll accept an RXP GTN750. You just have to run the F1GTN750PC12.exe. Then install the RXP750 the usual way.
In this particular case the PC-12 will accept an RXP GTN750 & GNS530.

4gcJBTN.jpg

Hi Bill, OK, I am attacking(maybe massaging sounds better) the PC12 now with the Reality GTN750. OK, my first go simply replaced the top GNS, which makes it a tad small. Looking at your version, and comparing to the stock PC12, It looks like I need to remove the bottom device, then slide the lower GNS down, then resize the top space for the Reality GTN. Is this all possible with Jean-Luc's great little wizard tool? or do I need to resize the gauges?

Geoff Bryce

Hi Geoff,

If you just bought the PC12 - make sure you grab the optional FDE from the Carenado site and Bert's mod (PM request to Bert with email address) - makes a bunch of improvements... If you happen to have the REX/MilViz Wx Radar - I have a post in the respective Carenado forum - to swap the Avadyne for the REX/MilViz Wx Radar as well... All modded up - this is a mighty fine little aircraft... TSS has a new sound pack in the works as well - which I'll be purchasing when released...

Regards,
Scott 

• Like 3

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

40 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Geoff,

If you just bought the PC12 - make sure you grab the optional FDE from the Carenado site and Bert's mod (PM request to Bert with email address) - makes a bunch of improvements... If you happen to have the REX/MilViz Wx Radar - I have a post in the respective Carenado forum - to swap the Avadyne for the REX/MilViz Wx Radar as well... All modded up - this is a mighty fine little aircraft... TSS has a new sound pack in the works as well - which I'll be purchasing when released...

Regards,
Scott 

Hi! Scott,

I'm in doubt. Worth to buy PC12?. After installing the Bert's mod Can I compare with A2A realism?

Thanks

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

46 minutes ago, JLuis said:

Hi! Scott,

I'm in doubt. Worth to buy PC12?. After installing the Bert's mod Can I compare with A2A realism?

Thanks

Hi Jose,

It's up to you - it's definitely one of Carenado's better offerings - because most of the bugs have been fixed and it's been heavily modded by the mod squad - you can add 3rd party gauges to realistically fix the Navigation and Wx Radar - and it flies very nicely - I find their FDE's are usually quite good.. The biggest faults I have with Carenado/Alabeo are related to their Big Glass/FMC shortcomings - that and they repeat the same stupid mistakes over and over again... That said - it's not an externally modded FDE therefore it has all the same limitations of turbines inherent with the default model... I enjoy her (enough to paint her) and I'm one of the guys who have a complete love/hate relationship with Carenado...

32388043778_d2bbf2abc4_h.jpg

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

3 hours ago, por930 said:

Hi Bill, OK, I am attacking(maybe massaging sounds better) the PC12 now with the Reality GTN750. OK, my first go simply replaced the top GNS, which makes it a tad small. Looking at your version, and comparing to the stock PC12, It looks like I need to remove the bottom device, then slide the lower GNS down, then resize the top space for the Reality GTN. Is this all possible with Jean-Luc's great little wizard tool? or do I need to resize the gauges?

First thing to do, is run the F1GTN750PC12.exe app that you can find in the PC12 aircraft folder.

After that, you replace the F1GTN by an RXPGTN.

• Like 1

Bert

Thanks everyone for replies.

Bill, yes, I did the standard RXP GTN 750 install. It just looked a tad small to read, unless you used the popup. Saw your second post with the new PC12 configuration. Will look at it this week and report back..Looks a tad over my pay grade, but will work through it.

Scott, OK, I grabbed the optional FDE from the Carenado site, will install today. I have the REX/MilViz Wx Radar, so will find that post you refer to. Do all the functions for the Avadyne work in the GTN 750 but better?  I notice you have your PC12 setup with RXP-GTN(750?) RXP-GNS and the Rex Wx radar, with Berts mod. Why do we need both the GTN 750 and the GNS 530? 

I have been looking for a Australian Royal Flying Doctor repaint for the P3D PC12. In Aussie, the RFD are the largest PC12 fleet owners as these PC12 aircraft(31) and make great short field landing/take off machines needed on outback padocks/strips. The RFD will soon get a PC24, to join the other long range jet,Hawker 800XP. I saw your post about the Tradewind repaint-looks great.

Bert, OK, I realise now what the implications of using the F1GTN750PC12.exe can do,  It removes that little gauge at the bottom (what is that?), and moves the GNS down, and resizes the GTN 750.(exactly as I was wondering how to do.... Then when you run the RXP app, it populates the empty GTN frame with the GTN750. Very good...almost. I still have both bezels..Umm, ok, I find that when you first install the GTN 750, and do not select the bezel option, action it, see you needed to select the no bezel option, go back and try the option again the bezel option is no longer available. In my case, I jumped in and selected the GTN 750 2 option. This gave me the bezel option again, selected it, and whulla....The GTN 750 is there, resized using the normal sized bezel....

Ummm, but, the popup is an independant GTN from the in dash version...So, maybe the GTN 750 1 is the correct item...OK, Time to revert back to the backup and re think the installation...umm, I did not make a panel.cfg backup before changes, thinking it would do so as per RXP app...How do you revert the panel.cfg back from the F1GTN750PC12.exe action, because my base now is the resized empty GTN750 ..I was/am so close. Maybe a remove and reinstall of the PC12 and do some backups BEFORE MEDDLING.

Geoff Bryce