reimorei

i5-3570K - what budget mobo good for OC?

Hi!

My current system is an HP Pavillion HP 150f (i7-860, GT230, 8gb ddr3 133mhz, Iona mobo, Sandisk 240gb SSD) from circa 2009 that is showing signs of age for FSX with a bunch of addons, but surprisingly I can hold 20fps on cruise with any Carenado plane and 12 to 15fps on approach on a Flytampa KTPA Tampa airport with the sliders in middle to high.

As I´m in a budget, I´ll be doing the system upgrade in steps and just bought an used EVGA GTX 970 4gb that I´ll try to run on my system for a while as I think the bottleneck on my current system is just the GT230 GPU.

Next step is the CPU, and I´m considering an i5-3570k, then I´ll also need another mobo since is 1155 socket. Any advice on a good budget CPU that allows an overclock on the i5-3570k? I´m looking for at least 50 to 70% increase on my FPS.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

When I had this cpu, I was using an Asrock extreme 4 z77, and it worked pretty good. I did delid the cpu to help with the oc.

My card was also a gtx 970

Edited by flytrumpet767

My previous system was an OC'd 3570K. It had a Gigabyte z77x-3dh motherboard. Worked fine. Never let me down. Still going strong as a gaming system for my buddy.

I'm currently using a Asrock extreme 4 z77 running 4.2GHZ with supplied settings in BIOS, since  2013.  

My system in storage so I can't give  the option I chose, but will be up and running by January 15th if you interested then.

I'm also running a Noctura NH-14 fan, but any good fan should suffice.