michaelth

Autopilot: wild oscillations

I have the PC-12 since 2017 and know it quite well. Yesterday, I took it out for the first flight since upgrading from P3Dv4.3 to 4.4: no problem flying by hand, but as soon as autopilot was active it went mad with wild vertical and horizontal oscillations. As always, I trimmed to the desired climb rate and put it on course before I activated the autopilot. Any ideas?

Michael

Edited by michaelth

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Precisely, stored flights in cold & dark mode. It seems that the autopilot properly initializes only when the airplane is set to "Ready to Taxi" (Shift-8 menu). I have already opened a service ticket with Carenado.

Michael

Hello Michael,

I have this problem with PC-12 and P3D 4.4.  Have you any answer from Carenado?

Mark

The Carenado sales strategy is: sell and forget.

The reason why the PC12 is one of the best Carenado airplanes is because of Bert and a few other talented enthusiasts how made this encreatable mods.

Don't expect an usefull answer from the Carenado support. The standard reply is: Thank you for your feedback, we are going to check it and include on a future version if a fix is needed as this is the first ticket we received with this issue.

So if you live long enough to wait for an update... 😕

Edited by Raller

I have a similar problem with v4.4. All plans are fresh and from PFPX.

On my first flight the navigation was fine with NAV mode enabled with GPS selected. After landing and parking I loaded the next plan.

The a/p could not hold the correct heading in either HDG or NAV modes. Before my third flight I exited and restarted P3D.

This time, just like the first, navigation was fine. Is there a known bug if you fly multiple legs without restarting P3D? I can’t think of any other reason.

Posted (edited)

Ray,

before I start a new flight, I always re-start P3D. I have found that the autopilot works as expected with the following steps:

1. save a PC-12 flight in condition "Ready to Taxi" (set with the Shift-8 menu of the PC-12)

2. load this flight and again set "Ready to Taxi".

Setting the PC-12 to "Cold & Dark" causes the autopilot to get wild. I suppose that some internal settings are not updated entering the "Cold & Dark" state.

Michael

Edited by michaelth

@michaelth, thanks. Given it was the only time I started a second flight without restarting P3D I’m putting the problem down to that.

I always start from C&D so that isn’t the issue. Something clearly isn’t being reset correctly but it’s not a problem as I’m unlikely to begin a second flight immediately after a previous one.

Sorry to pull up an old post, but is this still an issue ?

Is it OK to start P3D and then start a fresh situation in cold and dark ?

I.E. the problem is only for turnaround flights ?

Thnx