Sign in to follow this  
Trubshaw

Active Sky Next

Hello.

I hope someone will post in response to my question.

I am thinking of purchasing Active Sky Weather Engine for my FSX network and would like to know if.

At the moment I have Flight Sim Commander, and Plan G on my second computer both using the FSUIPC INTERFACE  as at moment I can not get Sim Connect to work it’s a pig, Plan G is so simple to connect just a port and IP and your done.

What  interface does ASN require , Does it overwrite the FSX weather, do you set all the FSX weather sliders to zero, AND most of all will I get a higher frame rate , on the runway with 300 ft base in rain with a RVR of 2000 meters at the moment I just get about 19 to 22  not enough.

Alan

On 12/20/2018 at 5:13 PM, Trubshaw said:

What  interface does ASN require

ASN has its own simconnect program used to connect to FSX.  Once installed, it replaces the default weather unless you disable it in the dll.xml.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you for the answer,  I have a complex simulator over multi monitors, just managing about 26 FPS  when I load FSX weather using a add on King Air 350 aircraft, by adding rain my frame rate falls to about 19 FPS.

Will ASN on a second computer give me my 26 FPS back.

Im running at  5 GHz  on main computer, windows 7  maintains a better frame rate compared to W10 with the setting of rain.

I notice the wipers work both in Virtual cockpit and main panel , for me I find two main panels , ie top 3 monitors on main panel adjusted for cockpit view, and another main panel adjusted for instruments on the bottom 3 monitors. I find the focus length of the little hand set the distances you can go to, this limiting the appearance of the set up.

Alan

21 hours ago, Trubshaw said:

When I load FSX weather using a add on King Air 350 aircraft, by adding rain my frame rate falls to about 19 FPS. Will ASN on a second computer give me my 26 FPS back.

I doubt it. Most of your frame rate loss is from rendering the weather, not injecting it into the sim.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Hi Luke.

i have been away from flight Simulator for many years, Im no expert on anything to do with FSX, I just learn by trial and error, I read post on FSX which are wrong or may have been right, Like windscreen wipers will no work on the FsX Main Panel view, but on the King Air they do.

I find that a screen of 1600 pixels or 6000 pixels there little difference in frame rate, I find opening sub panels within the main panel again has little effect on frame rate, l find opening another view has a greatly reduces frame rate, and a view of different angles also reduces frame rate.

lm at 5 ghs and by opening three views my pc can’t manage it, I have 3 on instruments 3 on cockpit out side view, only using the default sceanery, I try to get my overhead panel up and I’m down to 19 FPS with rain down to 12 it’s useless.

My cards are two AMD HD 6950 in eyefinity , I have tried a third card for the overhead, and also tried my pc own onboard monitor output.

All will not do it.

Have you any suggestions how to get  more FPS.

Many Thanks Alan

What's the limiting factor, the GPU or the CPU? That's what you need to answer.

Saying you're at 5Ghz means nothing. What's the CPU? It's like saying your car engine is at 5000rpm; it's a big difference if it's a 3L twin-turbo V6 or a small 1.2L 4-banger. Are the GPUs maxed out? What does GPU-Z say?

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

If you have a fairly modern CPU, running Active Sky Next on a different PC will not bring you a massive benefit. I have mine on the same PC and see little performance loss compared with networking.  A better graphics card will help during cloudy or overcast weather.

Like Luke said what CPU are you running?

kind regards

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Hi Chaps.

Ive been away from FSX for quite some time and really need some help.

Im in the Carenado King Air 350, FSX, Cloud base 400 ft, RVR 2000 meters

in Modrate Rain,  The 3 x 20 “ monitors on Main Panel view instrument view,

3 x 24” monitors on Main Panel  view instruments, both of these view are adjusted up to show a complet cockpit I use Main Panel views because I can create a better Cocpit overall view. With one 19” monitor showing the King Air Overhead Panel, Top res, 6048x1200 , Botton 5100x1200 , overhead 1284 x 1024 or something like that.

All of this together with PCF , CP Flight, and Go Flight panels, Its is pretty impressive looking simulator full enclosed standing at full ceiling height, I built many years ago. All it needs is hydraulic jacks and you could charge £500 per hour.

So I’m sitting there with 20 FPS on Defualt sceanery.

My Main PC, updated this year, from memory !,, Top to Bottom.

A giant Lian Li Case, 3 big fans on the door,  Tagan 1500 w PSU, One large Water radiator with push and pull fans each side, Motherboard Asus Maximus Extreme with built in cpu water jacket, CPU  i7 7700 binned at 5Ghz, CPU - Z reads 5.1 GHz .On motherboard M1 and M2 slots 2 Samsung Evo drives each 250 gbs, one dedicated to W10 the other to W7.

Memory 16 gbs Corsair Domminator  with fans, Graphics my old cards 2 x Redeon HD 6950s clocked into the dark orange,  sometimes a third card, for the overhead but now running on the motherboard own display port.

Botton of case not connected 4 raptor hd , 2 triple heads to go all built into the case. I built it but I really hav,not a clue to what’s it all about. Think of me as one of those motor heads with a wealding tourch .

Powerfull  FSX flattens it.

Regards

Alan.