Ron6a

Cannot activate SFX

I have been using SFX Deluxe Edition for many years, first on Windows XP and then on Windows 7. I know there are issues with directx12 and SFX but when my PC started to get sluggish, I thought I would try upgrading to Windows 10. After a lot of experimenting I did get it to run as a trial on Win10, which only ran for 30 mins but it would not register, saying that 'the activation server could not be reached'. I tried about 6 or 7 times. As FSX is the only 'game' that I play and a lot at that, I decided to revert back to Win7, (I was not too impressed with Win10 anyway).
I now have a totally fresh install of Win 7 but I still get the same activation error!

My FSX Deluxe Edition is from before Steam took it over but if I go to the home page it says:   'Steam Edition' If you were connected to the Internet right now, this page would be replaced with online content from fsxinsider.com. There you can find the latest news and add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition.'

I have an HP Pavillion Desktop pc. The graphics card is built in and not powerful enough to run the trial X plane but was running SFX very nicely.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

MicroSoft no longer maintains online activation for FSX.  You might be able to call the 1-800 phone number and get an activation code.  Considering the low cost of FSX:Steam Edition and how it was slightly improved and recompiled, I recommend completely removing any boxed versions of FSX and all remnants of it from the registry and performing a clean install of FSX:Steam Edition.

• Like 1

I recently activated FSX Deluxe and Acceleration by entering my license codes and it was successful.