Sign in to follow this  
portanav

NTDLL CTD

I have had a few CTD with v4.4 and with the nt...dll as the culprit. What I would like to know is if I upgraded to v4.4 from v4.3 using only the client method of upgrade, can I return to 4.3 only using the client method?

Thanks,

very reasonable assumption to make. I would expect to need to reset/delete the usual suspects (outlined in P3D upgrade instructions) if you were to choose to revert to 4.3.
I'm not entirely sure that would fix your CTD as nt...dll is OS related and as stated earlier, that is not the cause but the effect.

Edited by jpf
  • Like 1

The AVSIM CTD Guide has many solutions used by other flight simmers to fix the ntdll.dll error.  Most of the time it is a bad overclock and/or memory voltages.  Incompatible addons can also cause this error.  As stated above by jpf, the ntdll error is system related and upgrading to v4.4 will most likely not fix this problem.  Page 10 of the AVSIM CTD Guide has some suggestions you can use to investigate your crashes to make sure it is not software related.

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

FYI FSDreamteam released a .dll file update for their addon manager http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20063.0.html which supposedly solves the NTDLL crashes over the North Atlantic tracks especially between Greenland and Canada. Apparently their addon manager was still scanning scenery in cruise. Allegedly there are some legacy scenery items in this area that may be corrupt and causes crashes when scanned. I have not had any crashes in this region since I have downloaded this file.

Also I have found some interesting NTDLL crashes elsewhere that are caused by AI traffic. I think Jim Young said he had crashes with the MyTraffic X addon. I have UTLive and previously was not having any crashes due to AI. But Recently I installed FLAI and used FLAI2UTL as repaints. I found I was having NTDLL crashes left and right in Europe, even on the ground repeatedly. Turned off reflections, no crash. Turned reflections back on and removed FLAI from UTL, no crash.

I checked to make sure no FS8/9 AI textures were installed but still crash, crash, crash.

I'm thinking someone has a bad texture file somewhere. I saw a little bit of discussion about reflections and AI textures on the AIG forum, but nothing definitive.

Edited by JasonPC