Sign in to follow this  
arwasairl

How to place SODE jetways on old airports?

Posted (edited)

Hello, everyone! I just have a little question.

How do you place SODE jetways on old airports?
I have Overland RKSI and I would like to get rid of the old static jetways (i already did with an AFCAD that replaces it with default jetways) but I would like to know how to replace those default jetways with SODE ones.

I don't see anything much on the internet, and I don't know what program I need to make this possible.

Keep in mind, I'm using this for personal use, as I will not be distributing this.
(I'm also aware Overland is for FSX/FS9, but I'll have to wait until PacSim releases their RKSI which will be a while)

-Aaron

Edited by arwasairl

Aaron Kim

i9-7980XE @ 4.0Ghz, RTX 2080 Ti, 32 GB RAM, Samsung EVO Pro 970 1TB M.2 (two of them)

FSDT, FlightBeam, PMDG 747, 777, 737, QW 787, A2A C172 & C182, Carenado Piper Warrior, Aerosoft CRJ, TFDI 717, CaptainSim 737, FsLabs A320 & A319, Xtreme Prototypes

그래요!! 

The only SODE jetway placement tool I know of is FSDreamTeam's GSX2.  I've used it to add/replace jetways at a number of older airports.  It's not always a perfect solution...a good fit depends on the height of the jetway base in the buildings, as the GSX2 jetways only have a few fixed heights to work with.  That said, when it works out, it works out well.

Regards

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

If you ask your question in YouTube you will get a video showing just what your asking for.

David Murden.  P3D v4.5  FSL A320 A319 : PMDG NGu / 748PMDG NG / 747-/ 777 : QW 787 :  Maddog MD-80 :Q400 :   DCS: AV-8B Harrier: :  F-14B Tomcat  : F-16C Viper F/A-18C Hornet 

My FSL Walkthrough PDF From GPU to Parked.     My PMDG NG SpotLight Profile/Mod.

PC 4790k@4.6 : 1070 : 16GB DDR3 RAM : Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR.

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

The only SODE jetway placement tool I know of is FSDreamTeam's GSX2.  I've used it to add/replace jetways at a number of older airports.  It's not always a perfect solution...a good fit depends on the height of the jetway base in the buildings, as the GSX2 jetways only have a few fixed heights to work with.  That said, when it works out, it works out well.

Regards

What about SODEPlacer?

Aaron Kim

i9-7980XE @ 4.0Ghz, RTX 2080 Ti, 32 GB RAM, Samsung EVO Pro 970 1TB M.2 (two of them)

FSDT, FlightBeam, PMDG 747, 777, 737, QW 787, A2A C172 & C182, Carenado Piper Warrior, Aerosoft CRJ, TFDI 717, CaptainSim 737, FsLabs A320 & A319, Xtreme Prototypes

그래요!! 

SODE Placer works fine, but first you have to search the internet for a freeware SODE jetway model. Or you could model one yourself.

Jay Bloomfield

Posted (edited)

I used an FSDT jetway for replacement of static jetways at KSJC.

DwB8krIU8AA3kMP.jpg

Edited by arwasairl

Aaron Kim

그래요!! 

Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2019 at 12:33 PM, w6kd said:

Regards

To add to this, the GSX2 tool is very well done for replacing jetways. However, be "warned" that GSX2 installs jetways that won't function/dock to AI aircraft. Technically it's in the documentation but it is, IMO, rather too deeply buried behind the "easily update all your jetways" PR and has resulted in much frustration from users. For this reason I used SODE Placer as jabloom noted. 

Good luck with the install however, the download and 12bpilot's site has ZERO guidance on installing (I haven't yet reinstalled it since moving systems) 🙄

Edited by sddjd

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

5 hours ago, sddjd said:

Good luck with the install however, the download and 12bpilot's site has ZERO guidance on installing (I haven't yet reinstalled it since moving systems) 🙄

It's a revised version of Whisplacer that was created to assist developers who are converting their airports to SODE.

Jay Bloomfield