Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Re-buying the 777 for P3D

Hi,

I started learning liners in 2014 with the 777 for FSX, then due to real life constraints had to stop end 2014.

Now I'm on P3Dv4.3 I'm curious to try and learn the Airbus philosophy with an A320 but finally because time and budget are limited I'll stay on Boeing which I'm familiar with and like.

So I'm on the verge to buy the 777 for P3D.

1) I believe the plane is ultra complete and stable by now for P3D, however are there known developments going on other than making it compatible with newer versions of P3D?

2) I intend to stay for quite a while on P3D 4.3 (I'm not interested in PBR and alike): if I buy now, and there are updates later on the 777, can I refuse the update in the Operations Center?

3) In case of future updates on the 777 for P3D, will I have to pay again?

4) I recall that there was supposed to be a "Tutorial 2 flight" or somethink alike by Ryan. Is it available?

Thanks.

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

Hi Tony!

1) I am pretty sure PMDG will update their 777 to be compatible with later version of Prepar3D. I am not sure when this will happen, only PMDg knows.

2) In the Operations Center you can simply ignore the update if you wish to maintain your current Prepar3D. In short you are not forced to install the update.

3) You don't have to repay for future updates.

4) Not sure when it will happen.

I hope these will answer your questions.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Guest
Mispelled name

Many thanks David.

Yes I can quite imagine PMDG team will update the 777 to newer versions of P3D, I was asking if apart of compatibility with newer versions of P3D, there are known development plans to improve the aircraft. Just curious because as I said, the 777 should be quite complete and solid now.

I was also wondering if we would have to pay an update or something when P3D v5 is out. Did PMDG made a statement on that?

Looks like Tutorial 2 is becoming a myth 😉

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

6 minutes ago, Simicro said:

I was also wondering if we would have to pay an update or something when P3D v5 is out. Did PMDG made a statement on that?

When p3d v4 came out there was no payment to upgrade as this was already covered by the initial price of the p3d versions that are being listed. And secondly when p3d v5 comes out you will get notified on the forums on what their plans are.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Yes I can quite imagine PMDG team will update the 777 to newer versions of P3D, I was asking if apart of compatibility with newer versions of P3D, there are known development plans to improve the aircraft. Just curious because as I said, the 777 should be quite complete and solid now.

At the very least, they plan to add the EFB into it as they did for the 747-8.

• Like 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I will add, that P3Dv4.4 is generally known to be a better performer than 4.3 -- you are likely leaving smoothness/perf on the table staying with 4.3.   You may not be interested in PBR, but, there were significant improvements in how P3D handles smoothness and texture loading in 4.4, much more than, in my opinion, all of 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3 put together.  And I am one of the LAST "early-adopters" of anything...but even I had to go to 4.4, and I do not regret it.

Then there is the elephant in the room.  Will a possible update to the 777 require 4.4?  That's a good question for the PMDG-folk.  They may not know at this point, but it is worth asking.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

26 minutes ago, Mace said:

Will a possible update to the 777 require 4.4?  That's a good question for the PMDG-folk.  They may not know at this point, but it is worth asking.

I think that would depend on whether an update would incorporate PBR or not. If it does, it would require 4.4. If it doesn't, I guess it could go either way.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.